Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

#CANCELLED #CANCELLED

Started by mothman, May 11, 2019, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerButchi

It's shit. It's annoying. Anyone who uses it needs to hang themselves.

Sin Agog

I have no problem with it.  It's interesting, from a sociological standpoint, observing that moment when a line or joke becomes bigger than itself.

Quote from: PowerButchi on May 13, 2019, 11:17:37 AM
It's shit. It's annoying. Anyone who uses it needs to CANCEL themselves.

Crisps?

Should be replaced/#REPLACED by appropriate classic cancelleds, which will also efficiently convey the offence, eg. #GLITTERED, #NEESONED, #BAKERED.

the

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 13, 2019, 11:18:33 AMI have no problem with it.  It's interesting, from a sociological standpoint, observing that moment when a line or joke becomes bigger than itself.

While your card is in the post for being so detachedly 'interested' by it, consider that it's another entitled infantile means of dismissing anyone without recourse to detail, fairness, context or truth. I don't think it's harmless.

It's the new version of 'talk to the hand', except with the added insistence that someone be permanently removed from the world due to some nebulous judgement on an infraction of any magnitude.

Sin Agog

Quote from: the on May 13, 2019, 12:26:10 PM
While your card is in the post for being so detachedly 'interested' by it, consider that it's another entitled infantile means of dismissing anyone without recourse to detail, fairness, context or truth. I don't think it's harmless.

It's the new version of 'talk to the hand', except with the added insistence that someone be permanently removed from the world due to some nebulous judgement on an infraction of any magnitude.

I agree with all this.  I was talking with more of an eye on the aesthetics of the General forum.  The multiple threads don't bother me.

I think I've been doing a mental coin-flip on what stance I decide to take on every one of these sorts of threads this morning, when I could easily have vehemently gone with the opposite side.  Which is another reason why I'd agree with you.  We assume everything everyone says is an outpouring of their very soul, when my Tuesday self might well come to blows with my Thursday self while defending my Sunday self's honour.  We can be so much fucking richer than that one work-in-progress opinion.

the

No, the rape case has been opened up again. The one which everyone knew about already. Never mind the details, HA HA CANCELLED I SAID CANCELLED

(That's the satirical point you're making right?)