Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things you've only just realised - Film Edition

Started by Johnny Textface, May 12, 2019, 03:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

Apparently C3PO's right leg was silver. I've only just realised that I don't know whether this is true or not.

magval

Same here, I noticed it on one of the modern toys then looked at some old stuff I had in the house from pre-1997 and there it was, silver all that time. Just from the knee down.

Johnny Textface

Just realised this is on the wrong forum. Damn.

DrGreggles

Glebe

This was previously discussed here... the 'Mandela Effect' at work!

He has a red arm now too, of course.

Glebe

The Mandela Effect in Movies

I remember Mandala not being pronounced "Man-deh-la", and TV not "Tee-Vay". Also, Sean Lock has let himself geek.

He talks a bit about Batman '89 there... the thing about the Joker dollar bills sounds familiar. I think they cut and edited a few things that appeared in promotional material, TV spots and that... the thing that sticks in my mind is the Joker's "Get those wonderful toys!" line (when Bats rescues Vicki Vale in the museum), I'm almost certain that was edited down from "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Glebe on May 12, 2019, 08:55:27 PM
This was previously discussed here... the 'Mandela Effect' at work!

I sometimes have a look at the Mandela Effect subreddit when I want a bit of a laugh.  People with such high self-worth that they prefer to believe that the whole universe changed rather than accept they're ignorant about some utterly insignificant piece of information.

Sin Agog

Bruce Lee made dozens of films in Hong Kong before appearing on Batman and the Green Hornet.  And the first one was when he was a one-year-old.  Anyone seen any of 'em by any chance?  Some of them look pretty decent.  Apparently he could be quite loquacious when he got to speak Cantonese.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Johnny Textface on May 12, 2019, 03:13:03 PM
Apparently C3PO's right leg was silver. I've only just realised that I don't know whether this is true or not.

Absolutely true.

On the subject of C-3PO's silver leg, Anthony Daniels said...

Quote from: Anthony Daniels"It would reflect the gold leg, and it would reflect in the desert, so it acted more like a mirror,"

...which is why it's not very noticeable.  It was replaced with a gold leg in The Force Awakens.

Quote from: shh on June 04, 2019, 10:54:49 PM

It's the bishop of bath and wells!

Fuck my hat!  So it is!

famethrowa

Glebe

Posted on Facebook:

That's more of a green leg, though, innit? To be fair, I imagine silver wool is hard to come by.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Glebe on June 05, 2019, 11:31:29 AM

Well, that's my nightmare fuel sorted out for the next couple of months.  Thank goodness, I was running low.

wooders1978

Not to sound snide but you obviously haven't realised that there is a film sub forum

wooders1978

Fuck off this was in picture box !

Oh it still is - minds going

Glebe

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 05, 2019, 02:17:29 PMWell, that's my nightmare fuel sorted out for the next couple of months.  Thank goodness, I was running low.

Just imagine waking up and finding that looming over you!

Jerzy Bondov

The police officer who visits the house at the start of Home Alone is played by Joe Peaci, who also plays one of the burglars later in the film!

Glebe

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 05, 2019, 09:48:46 PMThe police officer who visits the house at the start of Home Alone is played by Joe Policei

St_Eddie

Quote from: Glebe on June 05, 2019, 09:46:04 PM

I'm trying not to.  Desperately so.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Glebe on June 05, 2019, 09:46:04 PM

nice. though it was probably a knitting machine rather than a loom.