Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wine Country

Started by SteveDave, May 13, 2019, 10:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I put this on yesterday to have something in the background as I fell asleep in the afternoon but ended up loving it.

Amy Poehler and a load of other ex-SNL ladies go away for the weekend to the Napa valley. I was expecting a lady "Sideways" (which I couldn't stand) but the winey-wine stuff is brushed away whenever it comes up.

It occasionally waivers into "Bridesmaids" territory but gets back on track quite quickly.

Paula Pell (who I first saw as the secretary in AP Bio) is in it. I love her. 

paruses

Thanks - I've wavered about watching this as I like the ensemble but wasn't sure I was in the mood for a grown up Bridesmaids. Will probably watch in the same way you intended yesterday.

Is thingy in it? I forget. I also forget her name The one that Neil likes. I really should take some B12.

Whig /Wiig?!

(Don't worry - I can look it up I suppose)

SteveDave

No, Wiig's not in it.

EOLAN

Considering watching this after rushing through a few Netflix series. Are they playing characters or versions of themselves?

SteveDave

Quote from: EOLAN on May 13, 2019, 04:44:51 PM
Considering watching this after rushing through a few Netflix series. Are they playing characters or versions of themselves?

Amy Poehler is a variation on Leslie Knope (she makes an itinerary for the birthday weekend and is uptight) and Paula Pell is like an older better less reliant on farting version of Melissa McCarthy.

I watched Shazam last night and there's a joke in there that's repeated in Wine Country. Or rather a comedic device.