Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:04:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeremy Kyle #CANCELLED

Started by JesusAndYourBush, May 13, 2019, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Someone died while filming the show!!!
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/jeremy-kyle-show-axed-today-suspended-indefinitely-guest-died-filming-9508614
No wait the guest died a week after filming.
"Oh, shall we add a caption at the end of the show with a photo and "(name) (somedate)-2019" ?
No let's cancel the show.  Ok, fair enough if that's what the family wants. No, let's suspend the show!"
I've not seen the show in years, but that's a bit harsh!

Hey, Punk!

Any excuse to cancel him in my opinion, just waiting for a free speech warrior to say I've revealed the true SJW agenda. No, I just like things I don't like no longer existing.

Sin Agog

I wonder if any of his guests have ever died of an 'at the end of the day' overdose.

alan nagsworth

Jeremy apparently used his trademark sexual protection catchphrase "put something on the end of it", but as the entire studio is on a moving train and all communication between the show's participants is done via small telephone receivers for some reason, the train went into a tunnel and the reception was dodgy, so all the guest heard was "......... end ... it".

Tragic really, but unfortunately not preventable.

Sebastian Cobb

Say what you like about Jeremy Kyle, it's very easy to take the moral high ground, but there's a wrister who's eked out a career being comfortable in the moral low ground.

Replaced by an episode of Dickinson's Real Deal. Grim.

BlodwynPig

Agatha Christie's Death On the Kyle

shiftwork2

Danger Man

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on May 13, 2019, 11:10:20 AM
Any excuse to cancel him in my opinion, just waiting for a free speech warrior to say I've revealed the true SJW agenda.

You've revealed the true SJW agenda.

the

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 13, 2019, 11:07:05 AMNo wait the guest died a week after filming.
"Oh, shall we add a caption at the end of the show with a photo and "(name) (somedate)-2019" ?
No let's cancel the show.  Ok, fair enough if that's what the family wants. No, let's suspend the show!"
I've not seen the show in years, but that's a bit harsh!

Well, reading between the lines of the course of action that ITV have taken, it sounds like someone either committed suicide or was killed, and potentially in a way that was directly related to issues brought up on their episode.

If it was a purely coincidental death then they wouldn't have taken such immediate action.

alan nagsworth

Maybe he was simply murdered by Kyle in a completely unrelated incident.

the

Maybe they killed theirself rather than be invited back as a repeat guest to do another completely spurious 'you nicked £300' episode. They've got ~220 episodes per year to fill, you know.

imitationleather

I always found it quite sinister how they portrayed notoriously-unreliable lie detector tests as completely infallible, and proceeded to wreck life after life after life based on data that could well be completely wrong. I guess that after filming they're probably informed of this? There must be something like that or else if they'd got on a guest who was even approaching having their shit together they would have been sued years ago.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 13, 2019, 12:42:14 PM
Maybe he was simply murdered by Kyle in a completely unrelated incident.

He was eaten by Kyle for fuel.

Blumf

Loving this tweet:

https://twitter.com/msloobylou/status/1127872544785272832
QuotePeople are horrible about Jeremy Kyle but they haven't even met him. I have. He was horrible.

sevendaughters

I've been to a Kyle taping and he is the oiliest fuck on earth.

Butchers Blind

This maybe an obvious question, but what do the 'guests' get out of airing their dirty laundry in front of a baying crowd?  Is it true they get to stay in a hotel overnight and £'s in their pocket?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Maybe it was a lovable old Gran who was the guest in question, and she really entertained all the audience, and everyone really warmed to her , the whole episode ending with Jeremy Kyle saying " What a lovely, wonderful entertaining guest you've been, Granny Cockney- and I certainly won 't be needing to take a lie detector test to verify * that* statement! ", followed by a round of applause and a standing ovation, and she recently passed peacefully in her sleep, and now this suspension  has been given as a heartfelt Mark of respect?
( just kidding- I know It's because some poor cunt s topped themselves, as a direct consequence of appearing on this fucking fetid 21st Century Bedlam of a show )

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 13, 2019, 01:15:06 PM
This maybe an obvious question, but what do the 'guests' get out of airing their dirty laundry in front of a baying crowd?  Is it true they get to stay in a hotel overnight and £'s in their pocket?

I wonder if the money goes in their pocket overnight, like a Tooth Fairy sorta situation. You gave us a sizeable chunk of your dignity, here, have a kip and a handful of loose change.

the

Quote from: imitationleather on May 13, 2019, 12:57:48 PMI always found it quite sinister how they portrayed notoriously-unreliable lie detector tests as completely infallible, and proceeded to wreck life after life after life based on data that could well be completely wrong.

I think the idea is that they get to the truth during pre-production, then construct the lie-detector song and dance around that. Got a show to produce here, folks

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 13, 2019, 01:15:06 PMIs it true they get to stay in a hotel overnight and £'s in their pocket?

Yes

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on May 13, 2019, 12:57:48 PM
I always found it quite sinister how they portrayed notoriously-unreliable lie detector tests as completely infallible, and proceeded to wreck life after life after life based on data that could well be completely wrong. I guess that after filming they're probably informed of this? There must be something like that or else if they'd got on a guest who was even approaching having their shit together they would have been sued years ago.

"makes good telly yeah...ah fuck you you winey cunt, here's your 50 quid for the day, now fuck off and die, maggot"

Glad to see it gone.

koeman

Last week one of the shows was about some people who'd had a threesome in a hearse, leading to a paternity dispute. Peak Kyle. And now this.

the

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2019, 01:47:07 PM"makes good telly yeah...ah fuck you you winey cunt, here's your 50 quid for the day, now fuck off and die, maggot come back on in future and fill another show for us, even if we have to construct a fictional issue to resolve on it"

Sebastian Cobb

If it is suicide, it's surprising they've gotten away with nearly 15 years of exploitative reactionary shit before it happened.

Apparently it's someone's job to rile up and hector the guests in the green room before they go on so they're more volatile.

alan nagsworth

How would that even work? I can't imagine any way of doing so that isn't completely unsubtle and basically abusive.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 13, 2019, 02:21:41 PM
If it is suicide, it's surprising they've gotten away with nearly 15 years of exploitative reactionary shit before it happened.

Apparently it's someone's job to rile up and hector the guests in the green room before they go on so they're more volatile.

I seem to remember hearing that booze is readily available backstage.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 13, 2019, 03:00:59 PM
How would that even work? I can't imagine any way of doing so that isn't completely unsubtle and basically abusive.

Article's over 10 years old but here:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2007/oct/08/mondaymediasection2

Blumf

It's a vile programme, exploiting people's miseries and very probably their mental health issues for cheap entertainment and amusement.

It's certainly not helped the majority of people who went on there nor helped the dominant representation of working class people as being feckless trackie-clad thieves & lowlife's (who it's okay to abuse and snigger at, as they're barely human anyway). Not that these people are saints or anything, but being openly mocked on national TV and screamed at by an obnoxious, judgemental creep about how disgraceful they are is of no use to anyone, beyond Kyle and his dismal career.

It's mad that this horrible, mean spirited show has been a regular part of daily British life for fifteen years or so.