Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeremy Kyle #CANCELLED

Started by JesusAndYourBush, May 13, 2019, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

I suppose he either didn't know who his brother was, is blind and deaf, or has been using a glory hole of some variety.

thenoise

Should have waiting a few months so that the show could wriggle out of responsibility.

Like Roger did.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: A Hat Like That on May 13, 2019, 03:59:02 PM
peak desolation

I know, imagine having a brother with a better hairline.

Bobtoo

imitationleather

Kyle set to announce his candidacy for The Brexit Party tomorrow morning.

touchingcloth

This just came on the news while mum was only half paying attention.

"What's happened?"

"Jeremy Kyle's punched a man to death."

"Really?!"

Bum Flaps

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on May 13, 2019, 06:41:34 PM
I know, imagine having a brother with a better hairline.

And what a great hat!

Bum Flaps

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 13, 2019, 11:13:51 AM
I wonder if any of his guests have ever died of an 'at the end of the day' overdose.

Probably got dizzy after too much turning around to her and saying, and teetered off a nearby parapet.

St_Eddie

Blue Jam

Happened with American Idol once, with a contestant who probably shouldn't have been allowed to enter, for her own good:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1097087/Simon-Cowell-reveals-regret-American-Idol-contestants-suicide.html

2008, so probably around the time I gave up on Idol and X Factor. They were both getting a bit nasty...

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 13, 2019, 04:24:59 PM
I suppose he either didn't know who his brother was, is blind and deaf, or has been using a glory hole of some variety.

Pete Townshend considers rewrite.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 13, 2019, 11:31:32 PM
Happened with American Idol once, with a contestant who probably shouldn't have been allowed to enter, for her own good:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1097087/Simon-Cowell-reveals-regret-American-Idol-contestants-suicide.html

2008, so probably around the time I gave up on Idol and X Factor. They were both getting a bit nasty...

Link doesn't work
The Paula Abdul fangirl?

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 14, 2019, 12:25:22 AM
Link doesn't work
The Paula Abdul fangirl?

The link works fine for me and yes, it was Paula Goodspeed (Paula Abdul's stalker).

derek stitt

I know of two people who went on that awful show. One just didn't give a shit and loved the attention. The other had a massive nervous breakdown about two months after his appearance on the stage alongside Kyle. It was not a coincidence this persons mental health deteriorated after his 15 minutes of fame. I wonder how many other poor cunts have been in similar situations. This bloke also had his windows smashed in and two of his pet cats shot and killed by kids with air rifles because he was 'that weirdo off the telly'.

We deserve ourselves we really do.

Urinal Cake

Is he better or worse than Jerry Springer?

Adrian Brezhnev

I think that between ourselves we have it in us to write a great screenplay for a film that's speculatively based on what happened and the lead up to it.

Peter Gabriel has already written the soundtrack.

jobotic

Shame for Kyle that's he's too late to stand for Ukip or the Brexit Party. He seems like the type of chap they'd welcome. Champion of the working class and all that.

Johnny Yesno

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/62-year-old-jeremy-kyle-guest-died-suspected-suicide-appearing-show-9523301/

Quote'Humiliated' 62-year-old Jeremy Kyle guest 'died of suspected suicide' after appearing on show

The identity of a man who appeared on The Jeremy Kyle Show and died days after has been revealed as a 62-year-old grandfather, according to reports.

Digger driver Steven Dymond was said to have been 'feeling suicidal' and was 'in tears' after filming for the now-suspended show with his on-off girlfriend.

Now it's been claimed by his landlady, known as Shelley, he was found in his bedroom on Thursday following a suspected suicide.

The man's death comes after the episode in question, which was set to air this week, was pulled from broadcast and all previous ITV episodes taken from the hub.

According to The Daily Mail, Dymond, from Portsmouth, Hampshire, had reconnected with his estranged son in the days leading up to his death, where he learned he was a grandfather.

That was after Shelley claimed he returned from filming the show 'sobbing and distraught' on 2 May.

She told the newspaper: 'Four days later he was dead. I really believe it was the show that tipped him over the edge.'

It comes after the aftercare of the show was questioned, forcing an ITV spokeswoman to release a statement that read: 'Everyone at ITV and The Jeremy Kyle Show is shocked and saddened at the news of the death of a participant in the show a week after the recording of the episode they featured in and our thoughts are with their family and friends.

'ITV will not screen the episode in which they featured.

'Given the seriousness of this event, ITV has also decided to suspend both filming and broadcasting of The Jeremy Kyle Show with immediate effect in order to give it time to conduct a review of this episode of the show.'

According to Shelley, who said Dymond had moved in with her and her son following the breakdown of his relationship, the father went on the show earlier this month 'to prove his faithfullness' to his partner.

However it was claimed that after failing a lie detector test, 'the studio audience turned on him and he thought about suicide in the hours afterward'.

'He was sobbing, he said, "it's all gone wrong," and said he had failed the lie detector. He was distraught and devastated. He was traumatised. Steve said it got quite nasty on the show,' she said.

'He told me that he had wanted to kill himself [...] He was just a mess and he was just humiliated.'

She questioned the show's aftercare and called for the show to be taken into account for their guest's death.

Slamming producers for 'destroying people for entertainment', Shelley questioned if there were others who took their own lives after appearing on the show.

In the wake of the news, ITV assured Metro.co.uk: 'The Jeremy Kyle Show has significant and detailed duty of care processes in place for contributors pre, during and post show which have been built up over 14 years.'

Following the news, it was claimed a pre-recorded episode with Danniella Westbrook will still go to air.

greenman

Honestly there a horrible anti poor culture on daytime TV generally that tends to get ignored, all those Dom Little programs come to mind as well.

derek stitt

Quote from: greenman on May 14, 2019, 08:10:17 AM
Honestly there a horrible anti poor culture on daytime TV generally that tends to get ignored, all those Dom Little programs come to mind as well.

You don't tell no lies

touchingcloth

Quote from: derek stitt on May 14, 2019, 03:56:51 AM
I know of two people who went on that awful show. One just didn't give a shit and loved the attention. The other had a massive nervous breakdown about two months after his appearance on the stage alongside Kyle. It was not a coincidence this persons mental health deteriorated after his 15 minutes of fame. I wonder how many other poor cunts have been in similar situations. This bloke also had his windows smashed in and two of his pet cats shot and killed by kids with air rifles because he was 'that weirdo off the telly'.

We deserve ourselves we really do.

One ofy colleagues used to work as a runner on JK, with his main responsibilities being to usher the audience into their seats, keep them quiet when they needed to be and get them clapping when the cameras started to roll.

He said that the little backroom where guests who were having breakdowns could escape to was only separated from the filming area by Japanese style paper screens, and could hear everything going on outside when Jezza came into see them doing his concerned face.

My friend said he left after leaving someone in bits backstage,and having to go out and whip the audience into a frenzy of clapping and "Jezza, Jezza, Jezza"-ing knowing full well that he could be heard by the guest he'd just left.

He says 90% of staff leave permanently after month with the remainder staying for years, and I can well believe it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Fucking Hell. Hopefully, Kyle will never get back on telly again. I'd quite like to see the cunt getting prison time for this, too, where that to be at all possible.

Still, it's nice to know they're going to show that programme featuring Daniella Westbrook. She's a charming ,septumless talented lady, and I'm keen to know what she's been getting up to lately.

alan nagsworth

Jesus this is pretty fucking serious isn't it? As Lisa sez, surely yer man Jez is culpable for actually causing someone's suicide and should face some some sort of criminal charge for this.

Cuellar

At the very least he should be yeeted into a ditch

imitationleather

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 14, 2019, 10:06:15 AM
Jesus this is pretty fucking serious isn't it? As Lisa sez, surely yer man Jez is culpable for actually causing someone's suicide and should face some some sort of criminal charge for this.

I'm not sure if there's an actual criminal charge that could be levelled at Kyle himself (unfortunately), but I would say there is approximately zero chance of the show ever coming back.

Whenever I've seen The Jeremy Kyle Show I've always been struck how torturously fucking dull it is. And making boring TV is surely the most serious crime of all!

alan nagsworth

The all-blue set design and terribly dated daytime cookery show theme music really could have done with a bit of sprucing up over the years. Did they ever even bother putting a bit of tinsel up for the Christmastime episodes?

alan nagsworth

A somber faced Santa Claus coming in with a sack of DNA results

imitationleather

Noel Edmonds actually killed a man with his bare hands on his show and got off scot-free. Those are the kind of strings that can be pulled when you're in the pocket of Big Beard.

garbed_attic

I let us not forget this piece of information that I gleaned years back when trying to feel better about myself:
https://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a78661/claim-kyle-had-fling-with-schoolgirl/

(it did at least make me feel better than Jeremy Kyle)

So, basically, he's like one of those pedo hunters who makes a career out of trying to spit on those just perceptibly (though not really) worse than himself... except paid a lot more for it.