Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:21:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What does Globalism mean?

Started by Buelligan, May 14, 2019, 10:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

There's a load of talk going on in the Euro Elections thread about what the term Globalism means.  I don't think it belongs in that thread but it's quite an important subject in it's own right, so why not continue that discussion here?

Or not, as you like really.

canadagoose

phantom_power

I think it means an irrational fear or hatred of spherical objects

Buelligan

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22globalism%22+site:amazon.co.uk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

There's plenty (definitely more than six million in London alone) of recent, many of them well reviewed, books discussing globalism. A cursory glance at any of them, or passages within them or merely there introductions should be more than enough to acquire a working definition.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

GMTV

Seems to be a miniature golf course in Brighton. Actually looks pretty good

http://www.globalls.co.uk

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 14, 2019, 11:10:18 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22globalism%22+site:amazon.co.uk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

There's plenty (definitely more than six million in London alone) of recent, many of them well reviewed, books discussing globalism. A cursory glance at any of them, or passages within them or merely there introductions should be more than enough to acquire a working definition.

Do they all agree on what globalism is though? And how do you define globalism?

phantom_power

Well some say it is on the rise and others say decline so they seem just as confused as everyone else

madhair60

I don't know about globalism, but I know about ball jism. I'm talking about cum.

Funcrusher

I guess Tony Blair would be a good example of a globalist.

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 14, 2019, 11:26:59 AM
Do they all agree on what globalism is though? And how do you define globalism?

ha what are you stupid? read the books, there are literally millions.

Sebastian Cobb

Buy (cheap labour and materials from less economically developed countries) low, sell high (to more economically developed countries).

Benevolent Despot

BTW The flat earth term is globularism, not globalism.

Buelligan

I think it was the non-flat humour term he was thinking of.

buttgammon

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/globalism-right-trump.html

QuoteGlobalism is often used as a synonym for globalization, the system of global economic interconnection that has been critiqued for decades by liberal groups like labor unions, environmental organizations and opponents of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. But for the far right, the term encapsulates a conspiratorial worldview based on racism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism, according to Mark Pitcavage, a researcher at the Anti-Defamation League.

QuoteLauren Southern, a host on the right-wing Canadian media site Rebel Media, explicitly rejected its use as a synonym for globalization in a video she posted online in September. She said the word meant rule by autocrats — such as President Obama, former President George W. Bush and the United Nations — who value "the false flag of diversity" and "unchecked immigration from the third world."

QuoteFar-right groups in the United States began to refer to globalism at the end of the Cold War, when it replaced communism as an idea that was an ever-present danger to the nation, Mr. Pitcavage said. They have also referred to it as the New World Order, and soon they saw its tentacles everywhere.

The shape of that conspiracy had distinctly anti-Semitic overtones, in part because many of communism's foes had historically seen communism as inextricably linked to Judaism, Mr. Pitcavage said. Members of the far right became fixated on prominent Jews like the businessman and philanthropist George Soros.

In short, it technically could mean globalisation but if people mean globalisation, they say globalisation. It's a racist word used by racists.

Funcrusher

Globalisation is a process. Globalism is an ideology or MO, a globalist is a person who embodies an ideology or operates in a particular way. The terms serve a purpose, and just because they've been adopted by alt-righters doesn't necessarily invalidate them, in the same way that Trump has stolen talking points from Bernie Sanders.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2019, 12:44:23 PM
I think it was the non-flat humour term he was thinking of.

They 👉🏼👉🏼say 🗣Flat 🕳Earth🌎 is dumb🤔.. ok, But let's actually 💯take a look 🔎at what you👈🏼 call 📞smart🧠 ok?🤔🤔

You 👈🏼believe the earth🌎 is going⚡️ 66,600 ☄️miles per hour 🚨which is 39 times ✖️FASTER 🏃🏻‍♀️than the speed of a 🔫bullet 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe the earth 🌎core 🌎is hotter🔥🔥 than the surface 🔝of the sun ☀️with an infinite ♾burn🔥, all while being 🙅🏻‍♀️sealed 🙅🏻‍♀️off from fuel🚀 or air💨 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe there is a 🚧wall of fire🔥 atmosphere 🌫🌫up 🔝there but yet🤷🏻‍♀️ the higher ⬆️⬆️you go, the colder 🥶it gets. Once you👈🏼 get to airplane ✈️height✈️, it's literally -4️⃣0️⃣ below zero 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe a teaspoon🥄🥄 of a neutron💫 star ⭐️weights ⚖️40 billion🚫 pounds. 👆🏻One 👆🏻TEASPOON 🥄🥄🥄of a neutron 💫star ⭐️weighs 20 2️⃣0️⃣ billion pounds! ⚖️🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe 🌎NASA 🚀🛰went👉🏼 to the moon 🌝but lost 🤷🏻‍♀️ALL THE TELEMETY📞 DATA📈, ALL THE 📉BLUEPRINTS FOR THE SATURN 💥ROCKET🚀, as well as ALL THE 📉BLUEPRINTS FOR THE 🌝LUNAR MODULE 🌝and all the 📉blueprints for that😥 dumb 🚐DUNE BUGGY🚐... all of it got lost 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe that the 1️⃣9️⃣6️⃣9️⃣ fake 🌝 landing 🛬just 💫miraculously💫 happen to take place after the ❗️number 1 ❗️world 🌎wide Blockbuster📽 film🎥 about "outer space" ✨🌑was released in ➡️1968⬅️ That movie 🎥 was "2001 a space 🚀🛸Odyssey" and you 👈🏼believe that wasn't 🙅🏻‍♀️the perfect 🙇🏻‍♀️marketing 📰tool 🔨to cement🕳 "space" 🌍in the minds 🙇🏻‍♀️of the people 👨‍👨‍👧‍👧exactly 1️⃣year before the ‼️fake‼️ Apollo missions 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe the 💯entire solor❓ system☄️ is going ⚡️1 million ⚡️miles per🛰🏎 hour 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe there are 👨🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀astronauts going 17,500 🚷mile per hour 🏁right now as speak🗣. You 👈🏼literally👇🏼 believe there are 👨‍👨‍👦‍👦humans right now⤵️ going that fast ⏭which is 10 times🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️ the speed of a 🔫bullet! 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe that huge🙌🏼 oceans🌊 bend🔃 around a ball🏀 and don't❌ flow🌊 towards 🔜the bend 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe there are 🐘🐘elephants walking sideways⚰️ in Africa 🌍at or near the equator〰️ on a big globular⚫️ ball 🏀planet 🌍right now🆗 as we speak 🗣🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe the Nile river💦 flows uphill🆙🆙🆙 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe Copernicus 🎅🏼when he got up 🆙and said the stars 🌟🌟are millions ⚡️of miles🛣 away ✖️in the year ❗️1560 ❗️withouta SINGLE 1️⃣shred 🚯of evidence📑. And today📅 we KNOW 🤯the stars 🌟disappear🕳 when you go 20 🔭miles up 🆙with as shown by ALL💯 high altitude 🚁helium 🎈balloons 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe the earth 🌍tilt↗️ at 66.6👹 degrees 🌡and the velocity🧭 of 66,600 👹miles per hour 🛫and the curve ⤵️rate in 1 mile being 6.66 👹ft is all a coincidence 🤷🏻‍♀️huh 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe the vacuum 🕳of space📡🔭🚀 differential doesn't 🚯rip the air 💨off the earth🌏...but YOU👈🏼 can suck air 💨thru a straw🚬 with the vacuum 🚽differential 🧲pressure😥 of you own lungs🤭, but the vacuum of space☄️ differential doesn't 🔪violently rip 🚯the air💨 away 🔚from the earth 🌏🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe the moon🌙 causes tides🌊 that move ➡️huge oceans💦💦 many feet🦶🏼, but yet🤷🏻‍♀️ it doesn't move➡️ the tiny 👌🏼puddle of water 💧in your driveway🛣 not even one quarter 📏of an inch 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe there are huge 👐🏼cargo🚢 ships ⛴weighing 🛳millions🚢 of pounds⛴ floating🛳 upsides ⛴down 🚢right 🛳now 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe that after almost 3️⃣ decades🗓 of exploring 🚁🛩Antarctica🗺❄️, on his last 🚫mission🕵🏻‍♂️ which ended 🔚in 1956, you think🧠 it's a coincidence🤯 that NASA🚀 was formed➡️⬅️ almost immediately🧾 after the Antarctica❄️ (edge of earth🕳) expeditions 🤷🏽‍♀️

You 👈🏼believe all this on FACE👁👄👁 VALUE.... And you call☎️ Flat⛔️ earth 🌎science🔬 fiction📖 🤷🏽‍♀️...

I could go 🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️but I literally 🤦🏻‍♀️just got 😪to darn tired...😴😴😴

bgmnts

Globalism is McDonalds and Coca-Cola and shit innit.

Cold Meat Platter

phantom_power

I like the fact that they made up stats to be 666 just so they could suggest that a spherical earth is the work of the devil

Buelligan

I think you mean over six million, don't you?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 14, 2019, 11:10:18 AM

Fuck off

Buelligan

There, there, Shoulders, I think he's gone, you can stand down now.

Rizla

"Go Baldism" seems to be the (nu world) order of the day here, eh readers?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2019, 03:23:27 PM
There, there, Shoulders, I think he's gone, you can stand down now.

7 days of membership, 253 Posts and over a day spent online, all over a single issue. That was a suspicious account.

dallasman

"A national policy of treating the whole world as a proper sphere for political influence"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/globalism

I haven't read enough of the relevant threads to know if that makes anyone angry, but that's what an encyclopedia says.