Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Natasha Tynes #cancelled

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 14, 2019, 12:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

I saw a poor lad spill his McDonalds iced tea all over his crotch on the metro a week ago, he accepted his fate, and tried to use his single tissue to try and mop the liquid from the train floor, but the situation was beyond repair.

Icehaven

Quote from: Bazooka on May 14, 2019, 03:39:25 PM
I saw a poor lad spill his McDonalds iced tea all over his crotch on the metro a week ago, he accepted his fate, and tried to use his single tissue to try and mop the liquid from the train floor, but the situation was beyond repair.

NAME AND SHAME, CANCEL POOR LAD IMMEDIATELY.

gilbertharding

All this 'don't get involved' stuff too - it's ok up to a point, but surely there are situations where turning a collective blind eye has made society worse. There's too much turning a blind eye to all sorts of stuff. Grassing up someone for breaking the rules - which are there for a good reason - on eating on the tube is probably at the petty end of the spectrum, but people are conflicted about getting involved when they see real crimes happening. Like harassment, for instance.

I guess the shitty part is that the only way the woman was going to have time for lunch was if she had it on the train.

Meanwhile, on the question of mocking people on public transport for their fashion sense, is it still ok for me to enjoy the fact that this:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/jeans-and-sheuxsss-is-your-new-favourite-cringe-tumblr
and this: https://twitter.com/lamfrt?lang=en exist?

chveik

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 14, 2019, 04:09:31 PM
Meanwhile, on the question of mocking people on public transport for their fashion sense, is it still ok for me to enjoy the fact that this:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/jeans-and-sheuxsss-is-your-new-favourite-cringe-tumblr
and this: https://twitter.com/lamfrt?lang=en exist?

sorry but that's shit for cunts

kngen

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 14, 2019, 04:09:31 PM
I guess the shitty part is that the only way the woman was going to have time for lunch was if she had it on the train.

This is the bit that's going to get lost, I feel. Her work conditions are fucking shit, and probably far worse than the woman who called her out. Also, if I saw someone wearing a mass transit company uniform eating on mass transit, I'd think to myself: 'Perks of the job, innit' not 'You are my servant and thus you shouldn't get to do things that I'm not allowed to.' Truly the behaviour of an arsehole.

Sebastian Cobb

On the one hand I think the 'no food and drink' rule is fucking stupid. On the other I once got crammed up against the window of a hot as fuck Pacer in the height of summer while the large lady next to me eat a burger king out of her handbag.

Cuellar

I hope we've all learned something from this sorry affair

Quote from: Bazooka on May 14, 2019, 03:39:25 PM

Many years ago in Pizzaland I saw a young lad somehow flip an entire pizza into his lap, cheese side down. He pretended to find it hysterical but his scarlet face and the pleading look in his eyes gave the game away.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on May 14, 2019, 04:43:15 PM
Many years ago in Pizzaland I saw a young lad somehow flip an entire pizza into his lap, cheese side down. He pretended to find it hysterical but his scarlet face and the pleading look in his eyes gave the game away.

Whilst in a typical student house where the carpet was 'crunchy' a housemate managed to flip his entire plate of beans on toast off the nest of tables onto the floor. He nearly wept.

jobotic

When we were kids my sister dropped a very full plate of hot spaghetti bolognese on my head and it all hung down round my face.

Then we all laughed and sang the Brexit Calypso.

Sebastian Cobb

Once when I was hungover I microwaved a frozen batch of curry, burned my fingers on the container and dropped it, then got another batch and did the exact same thing again before swearing and announcing I was 'going to the Chinese takeaway'.

Did my housemate laugh? He was almost sick!

gilbertharding

Quote from: chveik on May 14, 2019, 04:36:31 PM
sorry but that's shit for cunts

But 'red trousers' and 'jeans and sheaux' are fine, are they? Right.

thenoise

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 14, 2019, 05:26:11 PM
But 'red trousers' and 'jeans and sheaux' are fine, are they? Right.

Can I wear jeans and black lace ups if my shoes are scuffed to fuck and the only pair I own?  So sorry I didn't run this past the clothes police years ago.

gilbertharding

Don't ask me. Wear what you like.

Those blogs are mainly, clearly, 'punching up' - and crucially don't show faces (well, I haven't checked them all). If they were mocking poor people, or identifying anyone, I wouldn't have referred to them.

You can't eat on the metro, but can you take your gun?

Land of the free? Makes you think.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on May 14, 2019, 04:43:15 PM

kittens

DJ Bob Hoskins

Sounds like Ms Tynes had ideas above her station, and abused her platform to score points against the transit authority. As a result it appears her career might be derailed at this juncture (junction)!