Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Party/Farage thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 14, 2019, 01:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mandrake

At least it's not on the taxpayer though.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Buelligan on May 17, 2019, 03:40:26 PM
I think it's a waste of money anyway.

Keeps veterans off the streets.

Buelligan

I'd karma you for that in the olden days.  Absolutely.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 17, 2019, 08:05:25 AM
If you tot it up crudely based on recent polling then it's about 52 leave, 48 remain.

As I said, I'd like to your sources - this shows Remain ahead of Leave for the last 12 months

greencalx

That's as maybe - but Remain are not going to win a second referendum.

Uncle TechTip

We'd need to reach out to those don't knows and convince them to stay at home.

gib

had something to say there then i imagined a future where FPTP was brexit party vs chinge, should probbly call it a night

Buelligan

I see Arron Banks has now confirmed that he did "give" Farage the £450,000.  Interesting to know where that money came from and why Farage didn't tell the EU about it (MEPs are required to report gifts of money I believe).

I was thinking about brand Farage yesterday at work.  Thinking about why he resigned as leader of UKIP with such alacrity after the referendum when, as is evidenced by this funding, there was clearly a plan to remain in UK (rather than EU) politics.

I thought to myself, what would you say, bouncing ideas around, about the problems with getting Farage mainstream in British politics?  And the answer is, of course, he's viewed by many as an extremist, a nazi, a racist who consorts with racists in a party beset with extremist lunatics, extreme right wing (not a good mainstream look).  And I thought to myself, so, it's perception then.

What if you changed the perception.  What if you threw UKIP deliberately under the bus?  What if you intentionally allowed some of the people like Sargon and Dunkula and Cllr Philip Winter and all the others, there have been many, Tommy fucking Robinson, what if you welcomed them all with open arms, what would that do? 

And the answer is, of course, it would create a prosthetic outrageous extreme right wing party that your Brexit Party cunts might look more reasoned and moderate compared with.

I think it was all a plan.  I hope Farage is caught out soon.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on May 18, 2019, 07:50:09 AM
I see Arron Banks has now confirmed that he did "give" Farage the £450,000.

QuoteThose close to Mr Banks also said the help he provided Mr Farage had nothing to do with politics, but was more about helping a friend get on with the next stage of his life.

Aw, sweet. And how very anti-establishment.

QuoteThe party received £750,000 of funding in its first 10 days, and donations are reported to have now topped £2m, with one donor - former Tory backer businessman Jeremy Hosking - saying he had pledged £200,000.

But the sources of all its funding do not legally need to be declared until after the European elections.

That's a democratic deficit, right there.

idunnosomename

UKIP is at least a real conglomeration of cunts though. It's the Brexit Party that's prosthetic. It's not even a party

Quote from: Buelligan on May 18, 2019, 07:50:09 AM
I see Arron Banks has now confirmed that he did "give" Farage the £450,000.  Interesting to know where that money came from and why Farage didn't tell the EU about it (MEPs are required to report gifts of money I believe).

I was thinking about brand Farage yesterday at work.  Thinking about why he resigned as leader of UKIP with such alacrity after the referendum when, as is evidenced by this funding, there was clearly a plan to remain in UK (rather than EU) politics.

I thought to myself, what would you say, bouncing ideas around, about the problems with getting Farage mainstream in British politics?  And the answer is, of course, he's viewed by many as an extremist, a nazi, a racist who consorts with racists in a party beset with extremist lunatics, extreme right wing (not a good mainstream look).  And I thought to myself, so, it's perception then.

What if you changed the perception.  What if you threw UKIP deliberately under the bus?  What if you intentionally allowed some of the people like Sargon and Dunkula and Cllr Philip Winter and all the others, there have been many, Tommy fucking Robinson, what if you welcomed them all with open arms, what would that do? 

And the answer is, of course, it would create a prosthetic outrageous extreme right wing party that your Brexit Party cunts might look more reasoned and moderate compared with.

I think it was all a plan.  I hope Farage is caught out soon.

That's a great point and one I have been aware of too. Especially when you think of how UKIP became popular off the back of Nick Griffin's BNP, at the time and in a similar manner. 

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 18, 2019, 09:03:44 AM
UKIP is at least a real conglomeration of cunts though. It's the Brexit Party that's prosthetic. It's not even a party

I think it's a long term plan, shifting the Overton Window to the right by a long, long, way but slowly, so's not to frighten people, and done in the exact opposite way you'd expect, fooling reasonable people into imagining that Farage is actually the reasonable end of this spectrum of racists and nazis. 

UKIP was always a conglomeration of cunts, they've been stuffed fairly recently with even more cuntish cunts and more high profile cunts to make that apparent even to stupid cunts, for a reason.  I don't think it's accidental.

Quote from: imitationleather on May 17, 2019, 01:32:05 PM
It's apparently covered in cameras and Farage's security detail is £20k/month.

They'll be on the look out for hen's eggs though, so I reckon you'd get away with an egging if you used eggs from a pigeon or a wren.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on May 18, 2019, 09:27:33 AM
I think it's a long term plan, shifting the Overton Window to the right by a long, long, way but slowly, so's not to frighten people, and done in the exact opposite way you'd expect...

Very slowly. It's been happening for at least 40 years, but very tentatively at first because the people who'd actually experienced the death and destruction brought by bigotry and nationalism were still alive and very much politically active. Their children are now belatedly trying to claim a similar legacy, but their priorities seem upside-down.

Any sign of a compelling argument to stay in the EU yet lads, or are you still stuck at attacking the opposition?

pancreas

No, we had to give up on looking for compelling arguments. In fact, we've realised the errors of are ways and will be voting for the Brexit party, despite that making us RACITS.

Blue Jam

Fair play - best to protect the left from themselves and their proclivity for political violence to get their way, so bad is the product they're selling :(

jobotic

Can you give us some examples of the left's violence in the UK please?

jobotic

Is it a milkshake or the murder of an MP and the planning of a murder of another?

oh wow you were serious, hilarious

no matter how big of an erection it gives you, right wing politics didn't kill jo cox

jobotic

Always the victims, even when you're the perpetrators. Always projecting.

Still no examples?

Shall we go through a few examples of what people have shouted just before killing/slaughtering people and see how committed to this you are?

Dr Rock

Ah Paulie, come to the left you big silly. Come on baby you know you wanna, otherwise why would you be here?

I am a left winger, you fucking moonbats left us

jobotic

Subscribe to PewDiePie?

Go on then. Are you implying that Allah u Akbar is "left".

Jews will not replace us eh Paulie?

Quote from: jobotic on May 18, 2019, 09:33:57 PM
Are you implying that Allah u Akbar is "left".

of course not, you fucking moonbat

we'd moved on to the motives of psycotic killers

jobotic

So you have no examples of leftist violence in this country? It's just something you say. Okay then. Back to the Eurovision Thread for me then.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 18, 2019, 09:33:44 PM
I am a left winger, you fucking moonbats left us

I bet you haven't even got one Che Guevara t-shirt.