Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:03:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dead Ringers on Radio 4

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 14, 2019, 02:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

A return to radio for the Dead Ringers team: https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/1128219213246676993

QuoteNever heard @andrealeadsom better described than "looks like an extreme member of the Tupperware Party" wonderful!

gilbertharding

Oh fucking hell, them again. Toothless, smug whimsey.

"Do your Tom Baker!"

They have been back for ages. Some say they never went away.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 14, 2019, 02:29:53 PM
Oh fucking hell, them again. Toothless, smug whimsey.

"Do your Tom Baker!"

What annoys me is that they seem to think they are satirical.

Fambo Number Mive

I see they have a live show on in London currently.

QuoteDead Ringers advice on doing Michael Gove- "start with Ronnie Corbett and then like chlorine poured over a chicken, watch all the charm disappear until you are left with the Goblinesque"

Satire for the #FBPE market.

gilbertharding

Oh yes. Something about #fbpe which really boils my piss, and I'm totally remain.

I doubt I'll ever see an effective demolition anywhere near the mainstream though, because of who we're talking about.

Glebe

I wonder how David Cronenberg feels about this.

Jittlebags

Alas there won't be a Brexit Bulldog.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 14, 2019, 03:42:24 PM
I see they have a live show on in London currently.

Satire for the #FBPE market.

I read a tour publicity interview with Jan Ravens and Lewis MacLeod yesterday in which they mentioned the referendum show they did in 2016.
QuoteRavens flew back from holiday in Corfu to record it. English people at the airport went up to her, asking what Dead Ringers would be doing. The audience, MacLeod says, "was rabid for something".

The idea of people buttonholing Ravens to ask about what Dead Ringers would be doing seems ludicrously far-fetched to me, but perhaps I'm out of touch with everything.