Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Sandwhiches

Started by Bazooka, May 14, 2019, 05:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Just been to buy a butter Sandwich, and was laughed out of the place because I wasn't "Keeping up with the times"

All they had was:

Apricot jam and tax returns on rye bread
Boiled naan stuffed with magnets
Battered bread rolls with a side of oiled up salamander shavings.

£4.76 meal deal with a bottle of WKD Blue included.

Replies From View

I've never heard of new sandwiches but I have heard of old ones.  Do they count as "new"?

Gregory Torso

Chinese sandwiches use three pieces of bread and are 80% pork hair, 20% red bean mash.

Replies From View

What about sandwiches where you get bits of the plates and crockery from previous meals that weren't properly sifted out of the filling mix?

seepage

Quote from: Replies From View on May 14, 2019, 06:13:41 PM
What about sandwiches where you get bits of the plates and crockery from previous meals that weren't properly sifted out of the filling mix?

Ah yes, the solera process, popularised by 'spoons.

Neville Chamberlain

Anyone tried Pret's new cropped avocado on concave bread?

Replies From View

Has anyone here ever bought a sandwich labelled "new", left it a couple of weeks, then angrily returned it to the shop for not even being new?

rasta-spouse

Waitrose's Acid Corbynism sandwich looks interesting. Not sure about the seeded loaf they're using.

bgmnts

I like a nice basic dollop of Fred West's tuna and some sourcorn.

Lord Mandrake

Two slices of the cheapest garlic sausage I can find with a massive baguette in the middle, inside the baguette? nothing, it's hollowed out.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Nothing better than a thick slab of filo pastry, a generous dollop of full-fat veal curd, a sprinkle of finely shredded bay leaf, all sandwiched between two chunky cut slices of Warburton's Finest Dark Malted Chaff bread

Replies From View

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on May 16, 2019, 10:49:22 AM
Nothing better than a thick slab of filo pastry, a generous dollop of full-fat veal curd, a sprinkle of finely shredded bay leaf, all sandwiched between two chunky cut slices of Warburton's Finest Dark Malted Chaff bread

I think this one is overrated, personally.  Jamie Oliver's efforts to foist it into all school canteens in Britain was a stretch and a wank.

Neville Chamberlain

Went down to Prets again today and bought their tasty new innovative sandwich featuring pulled oranges, hang-dried hummus, defective tomatoes and a sprinkling of LEDs.

Cuellar

Chernobyl on rye - no goddamn pickles!!

rasta-spouse

Really enjoying the new Marks ruben sandwich. The salted beef is kept in a cool room for a month with Abbott & Costello's Who's On First playing on loop at full volume night and day. 

pancreas

Thought the M&S Sand Sandwhich was a bit gimmicky really. Quite an unpleasant texture.

VelourSpirit

VelourSpirit

bad ingredient and concept sandwich

Cuellar

Replies From View

REHYDRATED HORLICK AND CUCUMBER SANDWICK