Author Topic: Cricket 2019  (Read 215 times)

iamcoop

• Don't bring Harry
Cricket 2019
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM »
Thought I’d start a new thread for this bonanza summer ahead.

So, it seems we’re still pretty good at ODI’s. Do we thinks there’s a chance of actually winning a trophy this year? Should Jofra Archer be included in the final XI? Should the BBC have sacked Aggers after he had a meltdown and repeatedly called the chief sports writer for the Independent a cunt on Twitter? Lots to discuss.

• Yoof oot our nut!
Re: Cricket 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:03:36 PM »
Chasing down a target of 350+ with ease.

I really feel for the bowlers in 50-overs cricket these days. The balance between bat and ball is nonexistent.

Still think when the pressure is on in the WC’s later stages we’ll crumble.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 09:03:42 PM »
Think England will do really well but one-off ODIs like a final don't always throw up two teams on their day. Predict finalists.

I am okay with Archer playing for England. People should play for who they want to play for, but you only get one choice. Most people would default to their home nation and the migrants would be relatively few. Archer merits selection for his pace and fielding.

iamcoop

• Don't bring Harry
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 09:28:41 PM »
It will be interesting to see what they do with Bayliss if England don’t win the World Cup given he was brought on board with the sole intention of winning it at the expense of every other format.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »
The format certainly allows for an off day since there are only two sudden death matches if you get through the group. It also allows sides to gather momentum a la Pakistan in 1992. I like the full round robin format but it's a disgrace that Ireland and others miss out. What other World Cup reduces its participants? I've got tickets for the three Saturday games in Cardiff including England v Bangladesh (though I can't go to SA v Afg on Sat 15th June - anyone want the ticket please PM). I'm sure we will find a way to stuff things up though and I'm not convinced about our seamers. Please not Australia though.

Anyone playing cricket this summer? I've managed one match (took two catches but bowled dreck and made a duck) and had two cancelled due to lack of numbers and venue respectively. Finally the season starts for me this week with two back to back games.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Bayliss if England don’t win the World Cup given he was brought on board with the sole intention of winning it at the expense of every other format.

He's going anyway isn't he?

iamcoop

• Don't bring Harry
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »
Oh yeah you’re right. Ignore me as usual

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• You Go Careful There Now My Love
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:11 AM »
I'm going to Headingley today with my family to see the dead rubber. Bet it's the one where one side are bowled out for 200 and take 48 overs to do it.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 11:09:47 AM »
I'm going to Headingley today with my family to see the dead rubber. Bet it's the one where one side are bowled out for 200 and take 48 overs to do it.

proper creekit lad

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 11:14:39 AM »
This 350+ ODI bollocks is gerrin on my tit.