Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

3-42, now that's some slickass middle overs figures. Well done Plunkett, you did your bit.

Yeah, gotta respect that shit.

Jofra bowling some brilliant stuff but too much dreck as well. Can't be giving away three fucking wides in the 44th.

Get Woakes back on you buffoons.

Inspector Norse

Morgan doing that thing of letting Wood have another filthy over despite Woakes having enough left.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Woakes. Look at those figures. Bloody brilliant player.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Of Bigman is gone. Waoaaoaoaokes

Fuckin Revenge of the Nerds up in here!

Dr Trouser

all a bit too late I fear

Just seen 30 extras today. That's appalling. They've batted like shit really but our poor discipline might well cost us. They've batted more like 220. We fucked it.

That said, if we can't knock off 240, we don't deserve to win anything, as was said previously.

Thursday

Hmm 241-8 runs. Not great, not terrible.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wrapped that up pretty well, has to be said.

This is nowhere near as difficult a pitch as the one India lost on but Boult/Henry/Ferguson is a tough one first up.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we should win this comfortably.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 14, 2019, 02:20:23 PM
Woakes. Look at those figures. Bloody brilliant player.

Does anyone anywhere know why Wood keeps getting extra overs instead of Woakes bowling his full set? That total's 5-6 runs lower if Woakes comes on earlier, I reckon.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 14, 2019, 02:44:58 PM
Does anyone anywhere know why Wood keeps getting extra overs instead of Woakes bowling his full set? That total's 5-6 runs lower if Woakes comes on earlier, I reckon.

As I said earlier in the tournament, the simple answer is that Wood knows someone in the ECB who is a paedophile.

It all depends on the first ten, I'd say. It's totally 50/50 here. They plodded along and everyone chipped in pretty much. We're so much more susceptible to a collapse
I can see us at 75-5 and Stokes having to dig in and running out of batting partners. Thirty short.

druss

England will be bowled out. We are the Jimmy White of ODI cricket.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: druss on July 14, 2019, 02:55:19 PM
England will be bowled out. We are the Jimmy White of ODI cricket.

We haven't even been the Barry Pinches of odi cricket. Check the last time we were anywhere near this in a final.

Are Boult, Ferguson and Henry match winners?

I'd say every single one of them is.

Is Kane a match winning captain?

Yes, he absolutely is.

As Strauss said, they'll have to bowl England out to win but I absolutely think they can.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 14, 2019, 02:57:55 PM
Are Boult, Ferguson and Henry match winners?

I'd say every single one of them is.

Is Kane a match winning captain?

Yes, he absolutely is.

As Strauss said, they'll have to bowl England out to win but I absolutely think they can.

Already had that content from Sky Sports. Get back to making aggressive arbitrary demands and ruthlessly criticising the tepid links.

Haha. OK. My most inane comment of the thread.

druss

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2019, 02:57:24 PM
We haven't even been the Barry Pinches of odi cricket. Check the last time we were anywhere near this in a final.
We've lost 5 50 over finals having never won one.

We have the chance to equal Jimmy's gashness today.

imitationleather

Quote from: Thursday on July 14, 2019, 02:44:08 PM
Not great, not terrible.

I'm told it's the equivalent of a chest X-ray.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2019, 03:00:24 PM
Already had that content from Sky Sports. Get back to making aggressive arbitrary demands and ruthlessly criticising the tepid links.

The Sky commentators are so insightful though - just today I learned Plunkett is effective in the middle overs.

druss

I have a feeling this could be embarrassing. Would at least like a good match.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

OK wake me up when we've lost

Embarrassing for whom? If they bowl us out, I'll be gutted but their bowling is as good as ours and the front line is better.

druss

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 14, 2019, 03:16:30 PM
Embarrassing for whom? If they bowl us out, I'll be gutted but their bowling is as good as ours and the front line is better.
If we lost by 100+ runs it would be embarrassing.

Live by the sword, basically. We had a tough chase against the Aussies and we absolutely destroyed them. This is very similar but with a trickier pitch and probably better bowling attack. No shame in losing to these. We can only play one way, that's the reality of it. It may not come off.

This is utterly terrifying.

druss

Yeah I'm struggling to cope with this.