Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
No place for UNIVERSE BOS?

Do you not even follow criggers?

iamcoop

Woakes
Woakes
Woakes (c)
Woakes
Woakes
Woakes
Woakes (wk)
Woakes
Woakes
Woakes
Woakes

poo

Woakes genuinely looks like the best test batsman in England at the moment #fucked #5-0

sevendaughters

sevendaughters

just watching the documentary Crossing the Line, an SA telly production about the SA-Aus series with sandpapergate. Not seen anything of note yet, but something occurred to me. Aus went to SA on the back of twatting us in the Ashes. was there any retrospective consideration of their leadership group as a result? it doesn't seem unreasonable, if slightly straw-clutching, to think they might have incorporated the same shitty tricks.

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 06, 2019, 07:47:00 PM
just watching the documentary Crossing the Line, an SA telly production about the SA-Aus series with sandpapergate. Not seen anything of note yet, but something occurred to me. Aus went to SA on the back of twatting us in the Ashes. was there any retrospective consideration of their leadership group as a result? it doesn't seem unreasonable, if slightly straw-clutching, to think they might have incorporated the same shitty tricks.

documentary brings it up and shows a clip of Broad being very suspicious of their ability to reverse swing it during the Ashes. also points out how the Aussies owned the disciplinary proceedings and thus insulated themselves from ICC scrutiny.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 06, 2019, 08:41:30 PM
documentary brings it up and shows a clip of Broad being very suspicious of their ability to reverse swing it during the Ashes. also points out how the Aussies owned the disciplinary proceedings and thus insulated themselves from ICC scrutiny.

I don't doubt that they were up to something then, I'm pretty sure a few people in the England camp commented on it after what happened against South Africa.

But the Internet being the Internet, there are bound to be people out there who have scrutinised every single second of footage from every available angle from the whole Ashes series and not found any evidence.

iamcoop

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 06, 2019, 08:41:30 PM

It's been discussed on more than a few occasions. There were certain times in that series when Australia had it reversing and Jimmy Anderson, the world's best exponent of it could hardly get any movement. It's also worth mentioning that it was only because of the South African camera operators suspicions that it was caught so obviously at all. Australian television would obviously be less inclined to point that out on coverage of a home series. Either way it would be astonishing and somewhat naive to assume that that was the first series where such a massive case of cheating took place.

Cuellar

druss

https://twitter.com/CountyChamp/status/1158693375006167040?

I used to think I'd faced bowlers who were pretty fast...

druss

Archer bowling like that and Broad having one of his mental days at Lords. They'll be begging for 60 all out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Be great if Jofra makes Smith SUSSEX 2ND XI in the mother fucking cerebral cortex.

Cuellar

Oh wait the Ashes is against the Australian national side not a county second team that's a shame

druss

It's Archer mate. Cunts up Aussies for breakfast mate.

gilbertharding

I can't wait for the Oval test, after England are presented with the urn at the end of a magnificent 4-1 series victory. Joffra Archer, on the podium, starts pulling at the skin on his neck, before ripping off a mask to reveal...

king_tubby

Ah man, Amla has retired from international cricket. Motherfucker could bat, yo.

Wouldn't it be funny if the four remaining Tests were rained off. Poor little Joe's face as he looked forlornly through the rain trickling down the pavilion window.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

We'd have gotten away with it if the rest are rained off.

Cuellar

LEACH and ARCHER in

MOEEN and ANDERSON out

sevendaughters

Interesting. I probably would have not picked a spinner for the next test and would have gone for the natural variation with the slope that S Curran brings. I think Archer is a Real Deal type so injury aside I have no worries about him. Face of cricket.

edit: oh that's the squad, Curran could yet play. just think you can't underestimate having some fighters in against the Aussies. Simon Jones types.

poo

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 09, 2019, 03:32:30 PM
Interesting. I probably would have not picked a spinner for the next test

praps he's opening hahaha

sevendaughters

I know he's not as prolific a first-class bowler as others but this 60 second montage of Archer bowling batsmen in the CC should get people excited: https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1160098771084218368

iamcoop

According to a cricket site on Facebook absolute unit of a player Rakim Cornwall has been added to the West Indies test squad. I'd love to see him absolutely tear up the Lords buffet bar.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fucking hell. Looking forward to this fucking menhir in action.

Was it weight of runs?

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 10, 2019, 11:41:00 AM
Fucking hell. Looking forward to this fucking menhir in action.

Was it weight of runs?

I've heard it's down to his appetite for the contest yeah.

poo

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 10, 2019, 10:29:26 AM
I know he's not as prolific a first-class bowler as others but this 60 second montage of Archer bowling batsmen in the CC should get people excited: https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1160098771084218368

Lush. Go full cunt Jofra mate. 50 overs of chin music. Kill Smith.

iamcoop

I can't help but feel this Leach selection is gonna come back and haunt us. Everyone's been going on about Smith's weakness to left arm spin which means he's gonna absolutely cunt Leach about isn't he?

sevendaughters

I mentioned Cornwall a few pages back. VERY excited to see him make the full test team. Weirdly dainty off-spinner and can smash the stitches off the ball when he bats.

Cuellar

Quote from: iamcoop on August 10, 2019, 10:55:02 AM
According to a cricket site on Facebook absolute unit of a player Rakim Cornwall has been added to the West Indies test squad. I'd love to see him absolutely tear up the Lords buffet bar.

YES

Thursday

Quote from: iamcoop on August 10, 2019, 12:16:58 PM
I can't help but feel this Leach selection is gonna come back and haunt us. Everyone's been going on about Smith's weakness to left arm spin which means he's gonna absolutely cunt Leach about isn't he?

Honestly, the main advantage is he might at least get a few more runs than Moeen.