Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:33:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

I predict a wicket in the first over

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cuellar on August 15, 2019, 10:35:55 AM
Yeah?

Fucking hell what drab platitude spouting repository of bluster and shit Root is. No wonder he's alright at batting with so little going on in there to distract him.

Cuellar

Quote from: Cuellar on August 15, 2019, 10:46:26 AM
I predict a wicket in the first over

Damn three balls late

Cuellar

Very pleased with this start

Norton Canes

iamcoop

You play shots as bad as that in the second over of a test match and you should never be allowed to play international cricket again.

How many England players will be on special leave at the end of the series?

When they do the ECB series highlights video at the end the rain breaks will feature prominently.

Cuellar

Why not just open with Root and let Roy bat down the order somewhere.

jobotic

Read that as "let Roy lay the bat down somewhere".

iamcoop

Thank god we've got a proven number 4 in Denly.

king_tubby

Rub his fucking face in dogshit.

Cuellar

Will they genuinely be all out before lunch? Is possible

rjd2

Jennings, Stoneman, Carberry, Robson, Lyth,,,,

Roy as an opener is worse then all of them.

druss

Even if two days are washed out there will be a result. Hopefully archer kills someone as consolation.

sevendaughters

it's amazing how much Roy turns into a dog watching a magic trick when facing the red ball.

rjd2

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 15, 2019, 12:02:58 PM
it's amazing how much Roy turns into a dog watching a magic trick when facing the red ball.

People forget Warner had first class runs before he opened in test cricket. The team did not need another aggressive batsman as opener, they needed someone who could hang around and make it easier for the attacking players.

If he fails in the next innings call Sibley. He may fail, but I'd back him to hang around longer than Roy.

Some suggesting that Roy can go down the order if that happens, because what England need is an aggressive middle order batsman ffs.

sevendaughters

I said give him two tests after the last one and I stick by it. Even if that means the Ashes are lost.

Cuellar

Quote from: rjd2 on August 15, 2019, 12:08:18 PM
Some suggesting that Roy can go down the order if that happens, because what England need is an aggressive middle order batsman ffs.

Well I think it depends. If England get a good opening pair who can actually score some runs, an aggressive middle order batsman wouldn't be a bad idea. I know there are technically plenty of them.

sevendaughters

it's why the decline of Hameed is a true tragedy. for a while he was the Bolton Rahul Dravid.

Inspector Norse

Looking on the bright side, Australia's over rate has been shite so they'll get docked points in the WWF or whatever it's called.

Cuellar

Rain is going to knacker the majority of this match so what's the stupid point. Utterly futile.

sevendaughters

good time in the middle. nice to see Burns can do it.

Cuellar

Fair play on that Denly wicket, good ball.

Cuellar

Quote from:  some cricinfo goonEngland are doing well here. Tomorrow will be the hardest batting day of the test. If england scrape to 300-350 by lunch tomorrow, they could very well bowl australia out twice tomorrow

crylaughingemoji.jpeg

sevendaughters

it's moving quickly. could finish this test.

Cuellar

sevendaughters

'kin 'ell Buttler. people really need to forget white ball form as a marker for test cricket in English conditions. forget it completely. he doesn't make first class runs for Lancashire.