Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:28:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Roy got clouted in the skull during a net session apparently, but sadly he's passed his concussion test.

iamcoop

I see Bayliss has pulled the old trick they use with Bairstow on Roy - slag him off publicly in the hope he gets runs. He won't though.

sevendaughters

Ollie Pope on standby. Finished 221* today.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ashes cumin home this weekend then or Livin' La Paedo Loca?

poo

Double ton Warner. Archer brained. Ashes going home.

druss

Bodyline was a bit tame, much prefer this new brand of brainline that Archer is bringing.

king_tubby

Bit of rain forecast for the start. Brooding, heavy skies. Close. Get Broad swinging it.

That would require Root to say heads or tails. Hopefully someone's been helping him practice.

sevendaughters

Wonder why Jimmy only played one day of the 2nd XI game. Apparently he's fine now, but didn't take the field yesterday and someone else replaced him in the batting XI.

poo

poo

Dunno why they start so late at this time of year. 10 - 10.30 start better surely?

sevendaughters

start time is stupid. even the county championship realises this and starts at 10.30 in late summer. also 40 min lunch/20 min tea is stupid, just get into this century.

sevendaughters

ENG bowl
ENG unchanged
AUS drop Bancroft and Siddle for Harris and Pattinson
whither Starc

Cuellar

Concuss Warner first thing.

I have a feeling Labuschagne could be a thorn in the side. Looked decent.

England already at a disadvantage, Roy passed the concussion test. Back to the drawing board.

sevendaughters

Harris is meant to be very solid too. Some AUS fans upset that Bancroft, who has scored and held catches, is dropped but Warner stays. But Bancroft doesn't have the upper limit Warner does, so.

Think the biggest mistake might be giving Lyon a 4th innings wicket to bowl on.

England plan to follow on to negate 4th innings disadvantage?

sevendaughters

I feel ENG will win this. It won't be a cakewalk, but I think they can do it. Would be surprised if 900 runs are scored in the match.

Cuellar

Hey hold on, RAHKEEM CORNWALL is going to be in action later today!!

sevendaughters

the cricket gods are blessing us

Fucks sake, get on with it. I wanna see some skulls caved in.

poo

Quote from: dontrunyoullfall on August 22, 2019, 11:20:28 AM
England plan to follow on to negate 4th innings disadvantage?

Cunning!

Certainly things have conspired to make it feel like England's best chance. Which is why it would be funnier if they blew it.

poo

Got to be Broad and Woakes first up with Skullfucker first change. I like Vaughny's thinking that knowing Archer is waiting in the wings will make the openers try and hurry things to get the scoreboard moving while they still have a brain.

Root's gonna bowl Archer into an early grave isn't he?

Cuellar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nope, Archer on with the new ball.

Ffs. If you're going to pick Woakes you should give him the new ball.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hohoho oh shit that was unplayable. No wicket though

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Broad balding

4 years tops

I'm sure Broad had a sneaky transplant. He was balding a few years back then it magically came back.