Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerButchi

Daley Thompson wears Stokes Pyjamas. But Stokes wasn't our best player. Archer is legit. Amla's first ball back in the crease after some whispering death, Archer gave him 85mph chin music again. He hits the ball like a beast too. When Wales and England win this, it'll be Archer carrying us. He's so similar to Michael Holding, jogging in then unleashing express pace. Lovely to watch. Someone compared him to Mark Wood on the TV coverage earlier in a Simon Hughes style, and they shown how MArk Wood throws every muscle he has and is tense and taut as fuck to bowl at 90mph (explaining his injuries) and how Archer is slow in and uses his arm as a slingshot releasing as late as possible and gets more speed.

What a player

Buttler was poor standing up to the stumps against the spin today. De Kock didn't punish it like he normally would thank fuck, but I prefer YJB at WK. Especially against spin.

I'm just hoping we beat one team so bad we actually kill a few of their players. Right into this now. It's a roller-coaster.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another 44 matches and then straight to three knockout matches, the semis and final.

Odd format.

Should have home and away and double it. I want to have so much cricket and so many sixes that it just flatlines any excitement or intrigue.

sevendaughters

WI-PAK is a good meeting of everyone's favourite mercurial second teams.

sevendaughters

oof, only the Windies have shown up today. Bad PAK are a real thing, like 90s England.

Could really do with this lasting the fucking day because I've got a shitload of work to do and need this to get me through it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One of the shittest one day innings I've ever seen. Something seriously wrong with Pakistan.

The short ball tactic from West Indies worked magnificently. Pakistan crapped their pants.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

By the way, Sky's new Phases Won infographic can get chemo'd.

gilbertharding

Idly wondering how few overs it will take WI to get all those runs. And also thinking I might stay up to watch the highlights seeing as it's Saturday tomorrow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah Pakistan might get a few early wickets if WI go over aggressive, then the chase will be a boring procession as Windies dig in a bit.

I have another five hours of work ahead of me and no cricket. Thanks Pakistan cunts

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Isn't it Ramadan currently? You wouldn't think that would be a factor but it did look a bit like they might have been tired and dehydrated from fasting. However, given Wahab and Amir are in the team they probably just went Toontown on the coke and prostitutes in Nottingham last night.

sevendaughters

Great that the headlines are about scorching Windies pace again. Just a shame that we've nicked their best one.

poo

Missed this one. Very pleased that my favourite cricket team won. Great to have the Windies steaming in again.

iamcoop

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 31, 2019, 04:56:31 PM
Great that the headlines are about scorching Windies pace again. Just a shame that we've nicked their best one.

I think he only decided to try for England because The Windies wouldn't pick him.

PowerButchi

Quote from: iamcoop on May 31, 2019, 08:36:14 PM
I think he only decided to try for England because The Windies wouldn't pick him.

Not gettin picked by other countries worked with KP until he became a wanker. I'll happily have 6 uears of Archer before tossery, I'll have him with tossery. It's great to see express pace from someone who's not going to crumble to bone dust at any time like Mark Wood. Also, he's good, and Mark Wood's bang average for me, Aggers. Devon Malcolm without the flashes of genius and fucking abhorrent eyesight.

Although back to KP, I think proff of how disliked he would have been by other cricketers was shown by Jonathan Trott's reaction after taking his wicket in the 2005 C&G final. Massive hateful reaction. Must be a Saffer thing.

iamcoop

It does make you wonder, given how clearly talented Archer is why the windies didn't want him. It could suggest we have another KP style character on our hands, although it's not as if the windies are a team of shrinking violets themselves.

rjd2

Not a big call this, but damn Lanka could struggle to win a match here. I genuinely don't think they will be favs against anyone bar Afghanistan and even then doubtful.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some slightly more bowler friendly conditions so far in the World Cup - not a surprise to see Pakistan struggle with bounce and Sri Lanka fucking awful on a green top.

Moonshine

Does make me rethink England's chances with these wickets. Our game plan up to now just seemed to rely on the fact that on a road we could outscore any other team comfortably. Although the win against SA allayed that a little bit can still see us coming unstuck mor often

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Moonshine on June 01, 2019, 02:57:25 PM
Does make me rethink England's chances with these wickets. Our game plan up to now just seemed to rely on the fact that on a road we could outscore any other team comfortably. Although the win against SA allayed that a little bit can still see us coming unstuck mor often

Yeah I agree, but most of our players still have more experience in these more old fashioned English ODI conditions. Now we have Archer we have a genuine variety in our bowling too.

It's a long tournament too so if the weather improves, pitches will flatten out as the tournament progresses.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

LOL Zampa just got sent packing in that over.

dr beat

Looks like Aus are cruising now, but I still enjoyed Afghanistan have a go against a lethargic Aussie attack.

poo

Are there any dodgy means of watching this online? Also, is Channel 4 the only way of watching the highlights? 11pm and the commentary is fucking gack.

poo

Chris Gayle is 39. Fucking sound coming off that willow when he terry-connects. Predict record breaking 50 or 100 despite his age.

There are plenty of decent highlights options on YouTube from Indian to ECB little packages. They're more digested than the C4 highlights though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: poo on June 01, 2019, 09:54:53 PM
Are there any dodgy means of watching this online? Also, is Channel 4 the only way of watching the highlights? 11pm and the commentary is fucking gack.

PMd ya

gilbertharding

Quote from: poo on June 01, 2019, 09:54:53 PM

Innit. Got in the car this afternoon and hit the LW button all ready for some Test Match Special, and it was fucking Any Fucking Questions.

poo

Now TV doing a 4-month CWC/Ashes Sky Sports pass for £25 per month. I was quoted £95 for a standard ticket for day 4 of the Edgbaston test, so this seems reasonable. Volume on mute, TMS on the Sonos.