Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Trouser

Lovely Yorker- 224 to win.

sevendaughters

right, time to shine.

got to say I rate Jim Maxwell on TMS for being equally enthusiastic about any wicket falling.

Superb commentator. Far far better than bloody Slats and Clarkey on Sky. I can't get the radio to sync with the telly though.

Cuellar

I predict England will be 15/2 in 6 overs

Yep, good call. I'm saying all out for 130.

iamcoop

I reckon universe Jos is gonna go freakin' bananas. Those 2 stumpings will have got the beans going and he's due a smash.

sevendaughters

I think it'll be Root slow rolling it to a win with 4 overs to spare, just chinny reckoning Warner between each over.

How can you play aggressively though when the score is so reachable if you play pedestrian cricket. If we nurdle, we'll do it in thirty five overs. If we hit out, that's their only chance of beating us.

England have looked much better with Roy going postal at the top of the innings, and after the cock up against Sri Lanka I reckon they'll just go out and look to blast it again.

Cuellar

Quote from: Quote on July 11, 2019, 02:24:18 PM
England have looked much better with Roy going postal at the top of the innings, and after the cock up against Sri Lanka I reckon they'll just go out and look to blast it again.

Yeah, let Roy and Bairstow go nuts, if it doesn't work out there's still plenty of overs for getting there slow and steady.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. I would say that you need one of them to bat through and make a fifty to feel really confident though. Morgan not in great form and liable to be bounced out. Buttler not really had much time in the middle and flattered to deceive a bit. If Stokes can do his thing and someone else gets a score, it's done. If we don't, as you say, we don't deserve to be there.

Cuellar

True.

15/2 in the 6th looking a good bet here.

sevendaughters

hit out, what did I say Roy

Cuellar

Quote from: Cuellar on July 11, 2019, 02:53:53 PM
True.

15/2 in the 6th looking a good bet here.

Maybe not

Fuckin six over fine leg off STARC in the sixth over. HAHAHAHA.

Cuellar

That was nuts, barely seemed to touch it.

They're bowling very well but we're batting with brain and brawn. Solid start.

sevendaughters

Lyon on. SIX. brilliant.

Cuellar

Ha ha ha. Get on that Lyon you sod.

Mr_Simnock

Just need 5 runs an over to inflict a slow death on them, great stuff

poo

sevendaughters

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 11, 2019, 03:28:40 PM
Just need 5 runs an over to inflict a slow death on them, great stuff

there's the 5 wides of fury

sevendaughters

Started raining here 25 mile from Edgbaston

Inspector Norse

It's sunny and cloudless here.

Though I should probably point out that I'm 966 miles from Edgbaston.

sevendaughters

stopped now, just a passing piss

sevendaughters

Starc being taken to school in the ute of pain here

Inspector Norse

Ooh Mitchell Starc best ODI bowler ooh Starc and his yorkers ooh look out for Starc ooh top World Cup wicket-taker ooh Jason Roy bashes his face for ten an over

Inspector Norse

Watch Stoinis or someone trigger a collapse to 172 all out here

Smithy! Fair fuckin play.

Oz gettin cunted into the brown age here.