Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things that are pleasurable to do, even if you can't think why

Started by 23 Daves, March 11, 2005, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

Half Man Half Biscuit once had a song whose lyrics partly went like this (and forgive me if these aren't exactly right):

"There are few things more pleasurable in life than writing your name in biro on the sole of a plimsol".  

Of course, they're right. I remember doing it in Infant School in our "Drama" classes (where we'd all pretend to be trees, invariably) and there's something uniquely nice about the sensation of the biro pushing against the rubber of the sole.  

This got me thinking - are there any other similar trivial things that make you feel good for no apparent reason?  For example, my parent's computer has one of those really old, chunky monitors that comes with a "demagnitize" button.  Each time you press it, it demagnitizes the screen with a loud "dvvvv!" noise, and causes huge ripples in the picture and dust to fly everywhere.  I often find myself being drawn towards the button, because I like the whole event, pathetic though it is.

Any more?

Dr David V

Sliding the plastic wrapping off a new DVD without ripping it to shreds. Pure loveliness.

cilamc

Writing on a blackboard and then dusting it down again.
Using the duster to print shapes on a child's jumper.

Cerys

Picking your nose and eating it.  Sorry, but you did ask.

Having a 'spac-attack'  when your in the house on your own. Just go round making duh noises moving in a uncoordinated manner like you are retarded.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Pulling bellybutton fluff from your, well, your bellybutton obviously.

The Duck Man

Peking O

peet

Throwing a pencil up in the air with a rapid finger flick to get it spinning along its length, which sets it into a slow-motion gyroscopic wobble, and also makes it emit a barely audible high pitched wheeeeeee noise. Obviously it needs to be a hexagonal pencil for this to work.

No? Just me then...

Quote from: "Shit For Brians"Having a 'spac-attack' when your in the house on your own. Just go round making duh noises moving in a uncoordinated manner like you are retarded.
He he he! "My secret shame". Or maybe you were spying on one of my spac-out sessions?

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"
Quote from: "Shit For Brians"Having a 'spac-attack' when your in the house on your own. Just go round making duh noises moving in a uncoordinated manner like you are retarded.
He he he! "My secret shame". Or maybe you were spying on one of my spac-out sessions?

That'll be 'spazzing up' in my house. Thank you, Lars von Trier.

no_offenc

Being the drummer in a band and, when it comes to recording your vocal bits on yer new EP, end up having almost twice the level of your lead singer because he's never had any vocal training (I used to be in choirs) and end up nearly deafening the dickheads upstairs in the studio bit in the loft.

grundie

Picking bits of that strechy, lumpy glue off things and then throwing it at the wall and it sticking. Thats the sort of glue they fix free gifts too magazine with.

Edit: Bad spelling

Cerys

Regular John

no_offenc

Singing along to They Might Be Giants' "Don't Let's Start"....

1 2 3

Deputy dog dog a dang dang depa depa deputy dog dog a dang dang depa depaaa

Marvellous stuff :D

Clinton Morgan

Removing a big scar from your body and it not bleeding. Though I've have not ridden a bike in years let alone fall off one so that happy feeling is mainly confined to childhood.

The Plunger

Feeding the ducks/swans etc at the local dam. I take a perverse pleasure in their insane gratitude for bits of discarded bread.

Also - getting parcels through the post. Even if I know fine well that the box that has just dropped through the letterbox is a dvd from cd.wow (and I know exactly what dvd it will be), I still love it. I'd imagine my postie has other thoughts on the matter though.

Speciality meat product

Eating the two halves of a Double Decker seperately. The chocolate bar obviously, not the big bus thing.

Mentadent P

The smell of Parma Violets. It's like catnip for humans.

Piss judders. The little male orgasm that occurs just after a good piss. (Do women get these?)

The feel of pressing down the keys on a Casio keyboard. Yamaha ones are just too springy in my opinion and Casio have got theirs keys just right.

Cerys

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Quote from: "Mentadent P"The smell of Parma Violets. It's like catnip for humans.

Piss judders. The little male orgasm that occurs just after a good piss. (Do women get these?)

The feel of pressing down the keys on a Casio keyboard. Yamaha ones are just too springy in my opinion and Casio have got theirs keys just right.

That's a a real shiverthrill. Brilliant.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Suttonpubcrawl

I get a strange, indescribable kind of pleasure from listening to music on my computer that I've recorded from a record.

23 Daves

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"I get a strange, indescribable kind of pleasure from listening to music on my computer that I've recorded from a record.

Yeah, why is that?

I also like recording vinyl to CD, then sitting back and listening to the pops and scratches being played through the digital medium.  Christ knows what this makes me, but I'm beginning to suspect it's a fucking sad idiot.  On a sub-conscious level, I think I like to think to myself that I'm fucking the new technology over in some way.  Of course, I'm not.  I'm contributing to it's continued success by not sticking to the original vinyl in the first place.

The Plunger

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"I get a strange, indescribable kind of pleasure from listening to music on my computer that I've recorded from a record.

From one of those old school vinyl-doobies that we don't see very often these days ? That would indeed be pretty cool.

racingline

Listening to the tiny tiny high "woorp" noise that old tellies make when you turn them off,
Cutting cheese with a cheese wire,
Finding something someone's written in the back of a library book.
Taking a big shit seconded. It's brilliant. Brilliant enough for me to wonder if a cock would feel like that, but last longer. hmm,