Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:40:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Things that are pleasurable to do, even if you can't think why

Started by 23 Daves, March 11, 2005, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr David V

Picking away at a scab for weeks, then finally watching peel off smoothly to reveal the fresh, slightly more pink skin underneath.

Then flicking the scab into the bin.

(bonus points if it's below the waist)

Labian Quest

Quote from: "Bogey"
Also, re. Amélie, plunging your hand into a sack of grain is very pleasurable indeed, not that you get sacks of grain anywhere, ever, in the real world.

Actually that reminds me of when I bought a big sack of polystyrene balls to refill my bean bag with; plunging your hands into that felt very wierd, I sort of expected my hands to be wet when I brought them out.

butnut

I've got 2 big boxes of filled with those polystyrene packing things right here. Ooh, I could spend hours dipping my hands in and out and make you all jealous.

Labian Quest

Quote from: "butnut"I've got 2 big boxes of filled with those polystyrene packing things right here. Ooh, I could spend hours dipping my hands in and out and make you all jealous.

You mean the beads? not the ones that look like Moebius strips?

chav

Yeah, but then they stick to your hand due to strange mystical forces (static electricity) and they get all over the floor. They're evil, those things.

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"The gorgeous smell of second hand books.  Loooovely stuff.

When I bought 'Revolution of The Mind: The Life of Andre Breton' by Mark Polizzotti second hand for ten quid it smelt rather dusky. About as strong as smelling salts it was.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "Still Not George"I have a recording of a Scotswoman saying "flibbertigibbet." It gives me immense pleasure for no adequately describable reason.
I don't suppose you'd care to share that anywhere, would you?
Can't, sorry. It's currently stored on one of those "sound pad" chip recorder things, and I've no means to transfer it. A shame, as I'm sure it's losing quality over time and heavy use...

I'll see if I can get the sofagoth who recorded it to repeat it into a microwave.

I mean microphone.

burpmitosis

Another vote for old books.  Also the feeling when you finish a book.
Cleaning your ears with a cotton bud - the ear canal is like an erogenous zone for me.
Stoned orgasms.

gazzyk1ns

I can't stand the smell of old books (unless they're my own...) because you know that as you sniff, minute particles of other people's coughs, sneezes, sweat, and breath are travelling deep into your lungs.

Mr Skinnylegs

The extra bit of sleep between waking and your alarm going off. It's the best bit of sleep because it feels so wamr and comfortable.

Suttonpubcrawl

VegaLA

Having the bed to yourself with the exception of a Kitty to cuddle, and maybe listening to a rainstorm as you do so in your nice warm kitty heaven.

Winning shitloads of money on the lottery.

Finding an old vid file you once though forever lost.

sproggy

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"I can't stand the smell of old books (unless they're my own...) because you know that as you sniff, minute particles of other people's coughs, sneezes, sweat, and breath are travelling deep into your lungs.

I sense someone's gunning for an argument, well you can just fuck off until your mood improves.

And by the way, Ipswich isn't in East Anglia, it's North Essex ;-)

PeachSmints

I really love watching a skilled barman pull a pint of Guinness and complete it with the Shamrock at the top. It's so depressing for me when they don't do the shamrock!

Eating a Kinderbueno that has been chilled in the fridge.

In the winter time, getting into my bed after I've put my flannel sheets on, still warm from the dryer.

imitationleather

"No shamrock, I'm not going to drink an advert!"

Now, what's that from? I can't for the life of me remember...

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

There's something like that in Peep Show, with Jez & SuperHans.

The first cigerette after waking up.  Bliss.  And waking up half an hour before you needed to and that half an hour dragging so you feel like you've had lots more time in bed.

Getting lost when you're not in a hurry.

Waving at buses and cars as they sail past your window, knowing they can't see, but safe in the knowledge that you've done your bit for the day's socialibility and now you can lock yourself in with tea and videos.

Making silly faces to kids on buses and the tube.  When they giggle and stick their tongue out it makes my day.

largerthanlife

Filling the car up with petrol and getting it exactly on the money in my wallet, or getting the liters to be a memorable date from history.

Letting someone out of a side road or turning.

Feeding the stray cat outside my flat.

sproggy

Saying 'hello' or 'good morning' to a total stranger in the street.

butnut

Quote from: "Labian Quest"You mean the beads? not the ones that look like Moebius strips?

The strip-type, in case anyone was interested, which they weren't.

Space ghost

I've got an ingrown hair on the back off my head and I love to pick it , I just cant stop. My Girlfriend keeps moaning at me to go to the doctors to get it sorted out but I dont want to.
Sometimes she pulls my hand away from it and then I have to do it in secret .
I think all my friends have noticed that I do it but have'nt mentioned it at all, sometimes they even mirror me and start scratching the backs of their heads but I know they dont have the little picky spot like me and that makes me love it even more . This has been going on for about six months now .

Baxter

Quote"No shamrock, I'm not going to drink an advert!"

isn't it from time genetlement please?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Purple Tentacle

The shamrock thing was absolutely, positively from Peep Show.

If you've got a nasty chesty cough, finally hacking up a giant wobbly lump of phlegm into your hand, and prodding it like a curious child inspecting a jellyfish.  And not coughing for another 10 minutes.

Waking up feeling really ill on a work day.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

If you're only a very occasional dope smoker, taking a giant drag of a joint and going "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh". Then sitting quiety to yourself hoping nobody tries talking to you. Actually I hate that.

Beating someone really good at Chess.

Finally getting back indoors after walking a stupid distance home along the frankly terrifying Uxbridge Road at 4 in the morningl.

Scoring a winning goal in the last few seconds on Pro Evo 3

Completing a Nintendo game after 50 hours.  No other brand of game gives the same satisfaction.

Seeing "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....", even on the shoddy films.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "dr_lightning"The extra bit of sleep between waking and your alarm going off. It's the best bit of sleep because it feels so wamr and comfortable.

See, the trick here is to set your clock two hours before you're supposed to get up. Then, when you get woken up, reset it, and slump down safe in the knowledge that you've got another 2 hours of sleep. It's like getting a lie in!

I got immense pleasure from unblocking our kitchen sink. I felt really macho and clever doing that.

Getting someone to switch on their webcam then playing "Simon Says".  Always quite fun, that, especially if there's a pen handy or you tell them to wear their chair on their back like a tortoise.

wooly

When hoovering the kitchen floor and finding an old piece of dried rice or pea and the noise it makes when it rattles up the hoover pipe.

InfiniteFury

Clearing up my Yahoo account - you know going through the Bulk folder to check no spam is actually real e-mails, trimming down my in-box to one page long, same with sent.

General computer maintenance like re-organising files, running defrag stuff like that.