Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Black Mirror Season 5 trailer out now!

Started by qwerty616, May 15, 2019, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty616

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bVik34nWws

Trailer for season 5 up now, back to 3 episodes for this season so hopefully that will help with quality control, some big names, looks like it might be a good one.

up_the_hampipe

Hannah Montana in a Charlie Brooker show. What a world.

imitationleather

A Microsoft Surface becomes leader of Change UK.

madhair60

Brexit happens, but only for Spotify Premium users.

BlodwynPig

Jesus comes back to earth as a star wars hologram

BritishHobo

I like that one of them appears to literally be about someone who is really annoyed that everyone uses their phones a lot.

Dead excited though. Last series had some absolute crackers, and Black Museum was a fantastic topper. Even though I wasn't too fussed by Bandersnatch, I really admire that they tried it. It's just lovely to see Brooker getting to work with these stars, put across his vision. People always remember him as the cranky fella who always slagged off TV, but his passion for genuinely good TV drama, American stuff especially, always shone through. It always makes me happy that there's such hype for Black Mirror.

Alberon

If there aren't any wanking holograms I'll be really pissed off.

dallasman

Yes! That's less than three weeks away, good news! And "good for her" to Miley Cyrus. Always liked her voice and the cut of her jib, and she reduced millions of balding men to tears with her superb rendition of "Say Hello 2 Heaven" at the Chris Cornell tribute. Looks like she's playing a character close to herself, so she'll probably be good in this.

Trailer looks promising, though it doesn't tell us much about the plots. The fed up man in the car instantly felt like classic BM, though. Looking forward to it.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

oh fuck, its the Priest from Fleabag.

Will not watch

BlodwynPig

This is spot on

QuoteNyarlah
6 hours ago
Come on Netflix, I don't want to see familiar faces in my Black Mirror stories. The whole idea of the series it to transport me to somewhere new where things don't work in the same way, and discover all about it. Buying famous faces goes entirely against this.
Please use your budget on writers and production, not on casting hollywood stars. Nobody wants that.

dallasman

There's not going to be any writing or production this time? Fuck it then.

BritishHobo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2019, 03:32:34 AM
This is spot on

Is it? The last few seasons have had Bryce Dallas Howard, Jon Hamm, Jesse Plemons, among others. And even the early series have retroactively famous faces - Jodie Whittaker, Daniel Kaluuya, Domnhall Gleeson

phantom_power

This is spot on

It is spot off. Do the earlier episodes lose their sheen now the people in it are more famous? Rory Kinnear was pretty well known when it first started and it isn't like we don't all know they are actors

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Crabwalk

Episode 3: A stand-up comedian with a history of sexual misconduct keeps getting his gigs cancelled because of social media outrage.

It's one of the jollier ones.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2019, 03:30:10 AM
oh fuck, its the Priest from Fleabag.

Will not watch
Plus Moriarty from Sherlock and the smarmy bloke from Spectre. The whole series is ruined.

Crabwalk

Oh shit, he's not in this too is he?

Black Mirror Season 5 Episode 6: Every actor is digitally replaced with Andrew Scott.

Edmonds

This is spot on

No it's not, you turnip.

This looks great. Three stories, though? Got to be slightly disappointing, even though Bandersnatch must have taken forever.

Blumf

Quote from: Crabwalk on May 16, 2019, 10:33:53 AM
Episode 3: A stand-up comedian with a history of sexual misconduct keeps getting his gigs cancelled because of social media outrage.

Does it end like the White Christmas episode? Blocked from life.

Jumblegraws

I wonder if and how often this came up during production of the Miley Cyrus episode: https://youtu.be/gPL-HzPdOsY

Not that Brooker doesn't have lots of experience working with people he's slagged off or that Cyrus hasn't had skin a mile thick since she realised Billy Ray's her dad. But I'd still like to know how that conversation went.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 16, 2019, 08:19:17 AM
Is it? The last few seasons have had Bryce Dallas Howard, Jon Hamm, Jesse Plemons, among others. And even the early series have retroactively famous faces - Jodie Whittaker, Daniel Kaluuya, Domnhall Gleeson

I don't know any of those names. Is it the cast of Mad Men. Brooker is really the epitome of liberal elite now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 16, 2019, 09:33:15 AM
No it's not, it's a massive overreaction.

An expected response from someone who holds polar opposite opinions to me on television. So, I accept your point of view but cannot agree.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Edmonds on May 16, 2019, 10:59:45 AM
No it's not, you turnip.

This looks great. Three stories, though? Got to be slightly disappointing, even though Bandersnatch must have taken forever.

An expected response from someone who holds polar opposite opinions to me on everything.

"this looks great"

you've been brainwashed mate. Coddled by shitty sci-fi shows that fail to create any of the magic of the golden age of television, whilst presenting glossy actors and actresses as somehow colossi of their craft. It's water cooler shite extrapolated to liberal narcissism.

Twed

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2019, 03:29:37 AM
Miley Cyrus....cultural icon
She's actually pretty cool. She has sinus tachycardia

Twed

The bosses of society declare a rule that everybody's social standing is determined by their heart rate

Twed

but on the internet/in space/on a phone

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on May 22, 2019, 06:48:33 PM
She's actually pretty cool. She has sinus tachycardia

Same as me. I am Miley Pigus

Twed

Me too. Like I said, it's in indicator of quality.