Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's light it up green

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 15, 2019, 12:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Concern over crisis
Hundreds of thousands affected
Let's light it up green: https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/1128232656934789121

No real solutions
No increased funding
No looking at why services are so short staffed
Let's just light it up green

No talking to those affected
No consideration of how the benefit system
That benefit system we make harder and harder
Affects those who are affected

Even though I have the power
To provide some solutions
I won't because my voters
And those billionaire doners
Don't care about this

Not even a sticking plaster
On a country-wide open wound
Just an empty gesture
When I could make a difference

We're scared that our meds
Could be affected by a no-deal Brexit
Long waiting lists for vital services
We're just about holding on
Help us Theresa, your party's shafted us
But instead she just tweets
And lights it up green

Fambo Number Mive

Does anyone else think that May's empty gesture doesn't make up for being Prime Minister for two and a bit years and member of Cabinet for several years before that of a government that cut mental health funding, did nothing to deal with very long waiting lists and has caused stress for thousands of people with mental ill health due to the crappy benefit system. Raising awareness is a good thing but really, May should be ashamed of the Tories' record on mental health.

Or would it be worse if she hadn't done anything to mark Mental Health Awareness Week?

Is it Batman like signal, Light Your Self Green when you think your suffering from mental Illness? Its a cry for help right?

Sin Agog

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2019, 01:18:24 PM
Does anyone else think that May's empty gesture doesn't make up for being Prime Minister for two and a bit years and member of Cabinet for several years before that of a government that cut mental health funding, did nothing to deal with very long waiting lists and has caused stress for thousands of people with mental ill health due to the crappy benefit system?

I'd say the green light just about makes up for the rest.  Now so long as she can keep her nose clean for the rest of her term, she may well step down unstained.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 15, 2019, 01:22:09 PM
Is it Batman like signal, Light Your Self Green when you think your suffering from mental Illness? Its a cry for help right?

Sorry, I should have explained. May lit up 10 Downing Street in Green to mark the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Week. There is a picture on the link in my first post.

Icehaven

Looks like the set of Madam Tussaud's Jack the Ripper exhibition. Which is appropriate I guess, given Jack was probably a bit mentally ill.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2019, 01:27:01 PM
Sorry, I should have explained. May lit up 10 Downing Street in Green to mark the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Week. There is a picture on the link in my first post.
I was suggesting that May is making us aware of her Mental Illness.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2019, 01:18:24 PM
Does anyone else think that May's empty gesture doesn't make up for being Prime Minister for two and a bit years and member of Cabinet for several years before that of a government that cut mental health funding, did nothing to deal with very long waiting lists and has caused stress for thousands of people with mental ill health due to the crappy benefit system. Raising awareness is a good thing but really, May should be ashamed of the Tories' record on mental health.

Or would it be worse if she hadn't done anything to mark Mental Health Awareness Week?

What is raising awareness without taking action

thenoise

'We must all work together' = you lot sort it out. The Conservative 'big society' in action.

Don't rely on us to sort things out, we're just the government!

José

i thought the official goverment line was that lighting up green causes mental illness?

Noonling

olliebean

Why green? Is there some connection, obscure or obvious, between mental health and the colour green that I'm not aware of? Is this an empty gesture that even pretends to mean something, or is it just totally random?

Icehaven

Quote from: olliebean on May 15, 2019, 05:07:31 PM
Why green? Is there some connection, obscure or obvious, between mental health and the colour green that I'm not aware of? Is this an empty gesture that even pretends to mean something, or is it just totally random?

It's because green is an anagram of renge, which is modern youth slang for having mental health problems, as in ''That Kanye West is proper renge.''

Howj Begg