Author Topic: Let's light it up green  (Read 568 times)

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
Let's light it up green
« on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »
Concern over crisis
Hundreds of thousands affected
Let's light it up green: https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/1128232656934789121

No real solutions
No increased funding
No looking at why services are so short staffed
Let's just light it up green

No talking to those affected
No consideration of how the benefit system
That benefit system we make harder and harder
Affects those who are affected

Even though I have the power
To provide some solutions
I won't because my voters
And those billionaire doners
Don't care about this

Not even a sticking plaster
On a country-wide open wound
Just an empty gesture
When I could make a difference

We're scared that our meds
Could be affected by a no-deal Brexit
Long waiting lists for vital services
We're just about holding on
Help us Theresa, your party's shafted us
But instead she just tweets
And lights it up green

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
Re: Let's light it up green
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 01:18:24 PM »
Does anyone else think that May's empty gesture doesn't make up for being Prime Minister for two and a bit years and member of Cabinet for several years before that of a government that cut mental health funding, did nothing to deal with very long waiting lists and has caused stress for thousands of people with mental ill health due to the crappy benefit system. Raising awareness is a good thing but really, May should be ashamed of the Tories' record on mental health.

Or would it be worse if she hadn't done anything to mark Mental Health Awareness Week?

Delete Delete Delete

• Cab TV Tue at 6pm https://live.fc2.com/6162694/
    • Cab TV
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 01:22:09 PM »
Is it Batman like signal, Light Your Self Green when you think your suffering from mental Illness? Its a cry for help right?

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »
Does anyone else think that May's empty gesture doesn't make up for being Prime Minister for two and a bit years and member of Cabinet for several years before that of a government that cut mental health funding, did nothing to deal with very long waiting lists and has caused stress for thousands of people with mental ill health due to the crappy benefit system?

I'd say the green light just about makes up for the rest.  Now so long as she can keep her nose clean for the rest of her term, she may well step down unstained.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 01:27:01 PM »
Is it Batman like signal, Light Your Self Green when you think your suffering from mental Illness? Its a cry for help right?

Sorry, I should have explained. May lit up 10 Downing Street in Green to mark the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Week. There is a picture on the link in my first post.

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »
Looks like the set of Madam Tussaud's Jack the Ripper exhibition. Which is appropriate I guess, given Jack was probably a bit mentally ill.

Delete Delete Delete

• Cab TV Tue at 6pm https://live.fc2.com/6162694/
    • Cab TV
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
Sorry, I should have explained. May lit up 10 Downing Street in Green to mark the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Week. There is a picture on the link in my first post.
I was suggesting that May is making us aware of her Mental Illness.

BlodwynPig

• Throwing two dogs at a goblin
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 01:43:19 PM »
Does anyone else think that May's empty gesture doesn't make up for being Prime Minister for two and a bit years and member of Cabinet for several years before that of a government that cut mental health funding, did nothing to deal with very long waiting lists and has caused stress for thousands of people with mental ill health due to the crappy benefit system. Raising awareness is a good thing but really, May should be ashamed of the Tories' record on mental health.

Or would it be worse if she hadn't done anything to mark Mental Health Awareness Week?

What is raising awareness without taking action

thenoise

• Golden Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 01:46:10 PM »
'We must all work together' = you lot sort it out. The Conservative 'big society' in action.

Don't rely on us to sort things out, we're just the government!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
i thought the official goverment line was that lighting up green causes mental illness?

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
And those billionaire doners

*Donor.

Hope that helps :)

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 05:07:31 PM »
Why green? Is there some connection, obscure or obvious, between mental health and the colour green that I'm not aware of? Is this an empty gesture that even pretends to mean something, or is it just totally random?

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 06:10:55 PM »
Why green? Is there some connection, obscure or obvious, between mental health and the colour green that I'm not aware of? Is this an empty gesture that even pretends to mean something, or is it just totally random?

It's because green is an anagram of renge, which is modern youth slang for having mental health problems, as in ''That Kanye West is proper renge.''

Howj Begg

• They raised a beetroot in the air...
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 06:11:55 PM »