Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:11:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I win the grumpy bus drivers!!/how angry are you?

Started by Icehaven, May 15, 2019, 05:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

I know we have angry bus driver stories/threads all the time but I have a cracker. I was on the bus on the way home last night, and about halfway through the journey I realised we'd been at a stop for several minutes and I could vaguely hear shouting. I was watching something on my phone so had earphones in, and was also in a seat facing the back of the bus so I hadn't noticed that basically some old-ish drunk bloke was trying to get on the bus, the driver had refused to let him either because his pass was invalid or because he was drunk or both, so the drunk had been standing ranting at him and refusing to get off.

Just after I turned round to see what the hold up was the driver got out his cab, pushed the bloke off the bus and proceeded to punch him down onto the pavement and kick him in the head several times, hitting him again when he got back up. I didn't really see the drunk retaliate physically apart from inexpertly trying to grab the driver's collar after getting back up (which just got him another smack) but I couldn't see everything from where I was and I missed the start so for all I know he threw the first punch after being pushed off the bus, however he was much older and smaller than the driver, who was quite a unit. The driver then got back into his cab and sat there for a minute or two before turning the engine off, meanwhile the drunk bloke was standing at the front of the bus on his mobile trying, extremely slurrily, to tell someone (999 presumably) what had just happened. The bus was packed, and loads of people at the front would have seen the whole thing up close from the start, but apart from one man who made a few attempts at separating them when they were fighting (if you can call it that) on the street no one really seemed to be getting involved or saying much. I and several other people had to literally squeeze past the drunk/possibly now also concussed man to get off the bus once it became apparent it wasn't going anywhere, and then another bus came so we all got on that. The new driver asked if the other had broken down so a few of us explained what had just happened, but he didn't seem to want to get involved either and just drove off without even trying to speak to the other driver.

I mean the drunk guy was an absolute nause, and if the driver had just pushed him off the bus and left it at that he probably would have won round of applause, but he really laid into him. If someone filmed it, and I'm sure they will have, he could get done for assault if the footage is handed to police (or more likely they find it on Youtube under ''lol this bus driver goes POSTAL''). I was thinking after if I should have done anything but there wasn't anything I could do, there'll be loads of much better witnesses than me, I didn't see how it started or finished and given that in the last week alone on near enough that exact same spot someone was stabbed, a shop was attacked with baseball bats and a stolen car driven into a bus, unless the pisshead collapses and dies of his injuries later I doubt the police will do jack about it anyway.

I keep reading things about us as a society getting angrier, more impatient and short tempered, less tolerant of our fellow man on a daily basis etc., and I think we definitely are, and I include myself in that too. It often feels as if incidents like yesterday's shenanigans are only one more angry word or gesture away, as if so many people are walking around either expecting or even actively looking for reasons to be furious or lash out. Are you angry? If you are, why? Is it really just the Tories and Twitter's fault? And if you're not angry then why not? You should be!!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Apparently the ambulance nonces will kick the shit out of you these days as well, thanks to such services being outsourced to G4S which are, to be fair, always completely incompetent or knuckle-dragging thugs spoiling for any bit of violence they can get hold of. Throw a hi-vis on them and send them off to work.

Zetetic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Zetetic on May 15, 2019, 07:59:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/15/g4s-ambulance-staff-left-message-saying-they-could-beat-up-patient

Quoteleast you're able to sit in your garden. You wouldn't be able to get into your garden with a broken leg, would you?

That's great stuff. Well done, ambulance lads.

Danger Man

Quote from: icehaven on May 15, 2019, 05:51:32 PM
(or more likely they find it on Youtube under ''lol this bus driver goes POSTAL'').

Postman goes BUS DRIVER is the worst video I have ever watched on YouTube, not including contrapoints

Pingers

It's loads better since I started on fluoxetine recently. Prior to that I was generally up for a row, on account of having a ridiculously heightened sense of justice/injustice, meaning that if the correct levers were pulled I would there like a shot, getting in some cunt's face about something. The parking & driving outside my kids' school is atrocious, and one one occasion I booted someone's car really hard and then had a massive row with him, totally prepared to drag him out of his car and beat him in front of his children. It's a bit weird; I'm not a big man or a strong man, but when people pressed those buttons then I was all up for a raging ding-dong. I have a hefty bike lock and many's the time I've been well up for an altercation with someone who has cut me up, up to and including smashing their head in with said lock. Lucky for all concerned, they've presumably a) been less of a cunt than me, b) thought better of it, or c) both and it hasn't got that far. It's not good to arrive at one's place of work ready to murder someone.

I don't know where this shit comes from to be honest, I'm just thankful to my new Big Pharma overlords for inventing prozac. The other week, someone nearly backed into mine and someone else's kids outside school and I merely gave him a reasoned overview of the myriad reasons he is a cunt, rather than trying to strangle him with his seatbelt. Happy days.

touchingcloth

The bus I used to get to work accepted contactless payments, so I always used to pay like that. I'd been getting it for months when one evening when the queue at the bus stop was particularly busy I got on, asked for my date and when I was told it was 1.50 I raised my card to the reader, but nothing happened. I waggled it about a bit and looked apologetically at the driver and he said, more firmly, "one fifty." I said that I knew and put my card away and got another one out but the machine still didn't seem to register it. I apologised to the driver as I was reaching for my wallet to get my next card and he was very angry with his next "one fifty!" I apologised again and waved my next card but it still wasn't registering, and then the guy just exploded - "ONE FIFTY. IT'S ONE FIFTY. YOU GIVE ME ONE. FIFTY. NOW."

For some reason he punctuated those last few syllables by looking pointedly at and jabbing his coin tray, so I said I know, I know and said I was just trying to find a card that worked, at which point he looked at me like I was dense and grumpily said "if you wanted to pay by card, you should have said so" before prodding some button or other that immediately made the machine beep for the card I was still holding up.

I went to my seat and though shocked was half blaming myself and thinking that maybe my holding my card up was somehow ambiguous, despite the reader being pretty much in the driver's eyeline. That was until we got to the next stop, as he did exactly the same thing to someone else trying to pay by card. Cunt.

Urinal Cake

And they say automated vehicles will be a bad thing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 16, 2019, 01:11:50 AM
The bus I used to get to work accepted contactless payments, so I always used to pay like that. I'd been getting it for months when one evening when the queue at the bus stop was particularly busy I got on, asked for my date and when I was told it was 1.50 I raised my card to the reader, but nothing happened. I waggled it about a bit and looked apologetically at the driver and he said, more firmly, "one fifty." I said that I knew and put my card away and got another one out but the machine still didn't seem to register it. I apologised to the driver as I was reaching for my wallet to get my next card and he was very angry with his next "one fifty!" I apologised again and waved my next card but it still wasn't registering, and then the guy just exploded - "ONE FIFTY. IT'S ONE FIFTY. YOU GIVE ME ONE. FIFTY. NOW."

For some reason he punctuated those last few syllables by looking pointedly at and jabbing his coin tray, so I said I know, I know and said I was just trying to find a card that worked, at which point he looked at me like I was dense and grumpily said "if you wanted to pay by card, you should have said so" before prodding some button or other that immediately made the machine beep for the card I was still holding up.

I went to my seat and though shocked was half blaming myself and thinking that maybe my holding my card up was somehow ambiguous, despite the reader being pretty much in the driver's eyeline. That was until we got to the next stop, as he did exactly the same thing to someone else trying to pay by card. Cunt.

Black Mirror Season 5 Episode 1

bgmnts

I just bottle it in, it really isn't hard. Chuck some music on and look out the window or close your eyes. The smallest little things throw me into miniature rages but I calm myself or walk away quick sharp.

Bus driver is a shit job and I drunk cunts piss everyone off. Not much sympathy.

Pingers

The 13 labours of Hercules:

Slay the Nemean Lion.
    Slay the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra.
    Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis.
    Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
    Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
    Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
    Capture the Cretan Bull.
    Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
    Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons.
    Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon.
    Steal the apples of the Hesperides
    Capture and bring back Cerberus.
    Ask the bus passenger "cash or card?"