Author Topic: Star Trek - Picard show  (Read 41403 times)

Re: Star Trek - Picard show
« Reply #750 on: May 19, 2020, 06:53:28 PM »
I enjoyed it. Yes there's some repetition, but it does go into those final parts that they didn't cover, so was worth a watch. Mike just seems so depressed at what Trek has become that I don't think he finds much humour to be had in it.

« Reply #751 on: May 19, 2020, 11:59:43 PM »
it's ok. poor old mike. when "gay" picard throws his hat away and... ok let's spoiler to be nice the generic pot break for the Kurlan naiskos plays made me guffaw

« Reply #752 on: May 20, 2020, 10:08:34 AM »
Yeah, I liked it. It's not as funny as some of his other Plinkett Reviews but I guess it's hard to be hilarious when you're genuinely upset an angry about the subject matter; also when there's not much juice in the thing you're trying to dehydrate to begin with. Good old Mike.

Johnny Textface

• Like a cat
« Reply #753 on: May 21, 2020, 12:15:22 AM »
I've not seen any Picard and watched about 20 mins of the plinkett review. Hope someone is happy about this.

« Reply #754 on: May 21, 2020, 03:30:53 AM »
I wish that this preference for the dark and serious wasn't mistook for maturity or importance. It just shows a poor utopian imagination, the idea of utopia was the joy of classic Sci-Fi and Star Trek.

Anyone can create a dystopia, it takes a real visionary to dare to create a world they'd like to live in. This is something that Sci-Fi, as yet relatively untouched by the smug centrist semi-nihilists, still has the potential to foster.

« Reply #755 on: May 22, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »
Mike has spoken favourably on Voyager and I seem to remember he said he liked the last season of Enterprise when discussing Trek with Rich on the MacCulkin's podcast. He seemed a little cold on DS9 whereas in this review he seems more favourable on it. I wonder if Shit Trek has made him reevaluate Old Trek that he didn't previously think as highly of.

« Reply #756 on: May 22, 2020, 10:16:08 PM »
alex kurtzman looks like a fucking mannequin

« Reply #757 on: May 28, 2020, 12:41:02 AM »
just a reminder of the lovely freddie williams "and a glass of wine" storyboards that also made the RLM video worthwhile

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #758 on: May 28, 2020, 12:58:43 AM »
just a reminder of the lovely freddie williams...

Oh... oooooooooooh, him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63hZoT6hQr4

Tags: