Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek - Picard show

Started by mothman, May 15, 2019, 09:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

I enjoyed it. Yes there's some repetition, but it does go into those final parts that they didn't cover, so was worth a watch. Mike just seems so depressed at what Trek has become that I don't think he finds much humour to be had in it.

idunnosomename

it's ok. poor old mike. when "gay" picard throws his hat away and... ok let's spoiler to be nice
Spoiler alert
the generic pot break for the Kurlan naiskos plays
[close]
made me guffaw

Mobbd

Yeah, I liked it. It's not as funny as some of his other Plinkett Reviews but I guess it's hard to be hilarious when you're genuinely upset an angry about the subject matter; also when there's not much juice in the thing you're trying to dehydrate to begin with. Good old Mike.

Johnny Textface

I've not seen any Picard and watched about 20 mins of the plinkett review. Hope someone is happy about this.

Hey, Punk!

I wish that this preference for the dark and serious wasn't mistook for maturity or importance. It just shows a poor utopian imagination, the idea of utopia was the joy of classic Sci-Fi and Star Trek.

Anyone can create a dystopia, it takes a real visionary to dare to create a world they'd like to live in. This is something that Sci-Fi, as yet relatively untouched by the smug centrist semi-nihilists, still has the potential to foster.

JamesTC

Mike has spoken favourably on Voyager and I seem to remember he said he liked the last season of Enterprise when discussing Trek with Rich on the MacCulkin's podcast. He seemed a little cold on DS9 whereas in this review he seems more favourable on it. I wonder if Shit Trek has made him reevaluate Old Trek that he didn't previously think as highly of.

idunnosomename

alex kurtzman looks like a fucking mannequin

idunnosomename

just a reminder of the lovely freddie williams "and a glass of wine" storyboards that also made the RLM video worthwhile

Blumf