Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:12:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is your PC now sentient?

Started by seepage, May 15, 2019, 09:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

My PC's OS has evolved over 35 years and I'm starting to think it's now sentient and having fun.

e.g. sound not working - hovering over the volume icon tells me the only option is now the on-board sound card - scamper down the corridor to plug the speakers into the relevant jack. Run back to the den and now the PC says the only option is now the graphics card again, entailing another trip to the PC & back. Has yours started to play up like this?

Ronalado

hello why you have PC compenent in differen room?

today, is all in one case. even micro form factor. systen on a chips is possible

the

Quote from: seepage on May 15, 2019, 09:57:22 PMMy PC's OS has evolved over 35 years and I'm starting to think it's now sentient and having fun.

e.g. sound not working - hovering over the volume icon tells me the only option is now the on-board sound card - scamper down the corridor to plug the speakers into the relevant jack. Run back to the den and now the PC says the only option is now the graphics card again, entailing another trip to the PC & back. Has yours started to play up like this?

Sentient, or senile?