Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Rick & Morty Season 4, Bitches!!

Started by Blumf, May 15, 2019, 10:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

I took it more as a dig at people who pretend to like things to be trendy.

Thursday

Seemed like a pretty mild "David Lynch's stuff is weird" joke to me. Had no strong feelings on it either way.

momatt

Small Man Big Horse

Didn't really get on with the fourth episode, there were still some fun moments (Jerry's plotline was reasonably okay, seeing Summer kick arse is always good to see) but the slut dragons nonsense felt a bit bland.

druss

Dragons and wizards felt a bit out of place.

NoSleep

We've had beanstalks and giants before now.

up_the_hampipe

I thought the Slut Dragons was the funniest thing they've done on the show in a while. Then again, I'm a sucker for silly filth.

selectivememory

It was OK, but a bit mediocre following that great heist movie episode.

momatt

Quote from: druss on December 12, 2019, 07:02:11 PM
Dragons and wizards felt a bit out of place.

I think that's the point and why Rick hates them.

I liked this one, funniest in a while I thought.  Made me sad as I really want to go get fucked up with Rick and a dragon.

Small Man Big Horse

I really loved the most recent one, very silly but enjoyable stuff, though I do tend to be a sucker for time travel daftness.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 16, 2019, 04:08:00 PM
I really loved the most recent one, very silly but enjoyable stuff, though I do tend to be a sucker for time travel daftness.

The first extended sequence with the snakes had me howling. It felt a bit like a Family Guy cutaway but the way it built and just kept pressing it's silly premise really got me.

selectivememory

Yes, great episode after a fairly weak one. And those extended snake sequences were indeed hilarious. When it got to Snake Abraham Lincoln and Snake Hitler I was crying.

momatt

Quote from: Moribunderast on December 17, 2019, 10:18:49 PM
The first extended sequence with the snakes had me howling. It felt a bit like a Family Guy cutaway but the way it built and just kept pressing it's silly premise really got me.

Yeah, the snakes were bloody great!

But overall - am I getting thicker, or are these episodes getting more complicated and harder to follow?

NoSleep

They're purpose built for rewatching and seeing a load of stuff you missed the first/second/third/etc time.

momatt

Yes definitely, they've been like that since the first episode.  I've seen all of these about three times already, love rewatching!
I liked the little Plumbus call-back.  It's so densely packed, you can tell why it takes them so long.

NoSleep

Also purpose built to provoke internet discussion and sharing. I would have missed the reveal that President Morty was actually Evil Morty without somebody else's delving into stuff that was onscreen for a second or less.

momatt

Quote from: NoSleep on December 19, 2019, 08:11:49 AM
Also purpose built to provoke internet discussion and sharing. I would have missed the reveal that President Morty was actually Evil Morty without somebody else's delving into stuff that was onscreen for a second or less.

Yeah, that too.  They love Reddit!

Check this for a detail!
https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/ec46ri/august_landmesssssssser/

Blumf

There's a bit in the previous 'heist' episode where Rick bemoans a 'waste of snakes'. I'm now wondering if that was put in with the knowledge of this episode.

Johnboy

Quote from: momatt on December 19, 2019, 07:53:46 AM
Yeah, the snakes were bloody great!

But overall - am I getting thicker, or are these episodes getting more complicated and harder to follow?

Yeh, I'm finding it a bit harder to follow than previous seasons and I'm not laughing at all - it's still very good though

mjwilson

Quote from: NoSleep on December 19, 2019, 08:11:49 AM

Speaking of which, I'm ready for the next part of the evil Morty plot now.

Quote from: selectivememory on November 11, 2019, 06:21:03 PM
I liked it. Solid opener, with some great jokes in there. The wasp dinner being the best one. Also liked the post-credits payoff to the Morty/Jessica thing.

I was a couple of eps behind, I hope this is okay to refer back.

Morty's reaction to Jessica's ambitions are at odds with his tender hopes to die with her. His exclamation suggests he is getting burned by being with Rick. Overall the show is an antidote to its characters' attitudes, but it's almost miraculous that this is so with the pacing and the way they get you to laugh at and with the grim bloody-mindedness.

NoSleep

Actually Morty's own actions throughout the episode were misguidedly directing him towards dying a lonely old man. That's what he learnt from overhearing Jessica's ambition.

Small Man Big Horse

Adult Swim have just put a five minute short online from Kaichi Sato - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=BSF5yoD-vC4&feature=emb_logo - can't say it worked for me, but maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it.

PlanktonSideburns

thought it was quite formally beautiful, but thats about it, - a glorified ident

Egyptian Feast

It was a nice enough tribute to the Baby Cart movies (I liked how they even had the guy who holds the blade stuck in his head just long enough to allow another guy to jump on his shoulders), but I'd rather they'd snuck out something funnier.

MojoJojo

My impression was it might be cool to younger audiences who missed the Baby Cart wave 20 odd years ago* but a bit pointless if you knew about it. Really not sure what the point of it was.

*shit was it Kill Bill that brought it to the internets attention? Some Tarantino anyway.

NoSleep

This is coming back from the first week of May (Sunday 3rd).

madhair60

Small Man Big Horse

I really enjoyed it too, I thought it was really funny and really smart and a great insight in to the nature of storytelling, but I noticed while spamming various facebook groups with the review I've written of it it seems a lot of people really hated it somewhat oddly.