Author Topic: It's Rick & Morty Season 4, Bitches!!  (Read 15374 times)

Re: It's Rick & Morty Season 4, Bitches!!
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2020, 12:37:40 PM »
I think it's a lot of people posturing and trying to seem cool or interesting by latching onto something more cult and little known as they think Rick and Morty got too popular. And I'd say I like Xavier more than Rick and Morty but there's not much similarity at all.

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »
They're not alike at all. Xavier was reviled by adult swim's regular audience during its original run. I suppose that's what makes it the perfect mark of refined taste for the rabid young fanbase of adult swim's most popular mainstream crossover hit.

« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »
I’m struggling with the latest series, I think the success of “pickle rick” scared them a bit and they’re trying to trim the fat of the casual fan this latest season with its abstract and tricky to follow narratives, I feel they’ve gone a bit to far the other way though

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2020, 01:03:24 AM »
Eh, I'm warming to it pretty quickly myself. The two most recent eps actually made me laugh out loud a few times, and the meta-commentary worked for me. It could very easily grow stale again though, they need to find a groove that doesn't rely so heavily on meta.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2020, 12:14:09 AM »
Something about this recent episode (face hugger one) just didn't click. I don't know, but I think it's because there wasn't enough playing with the idea, once you got Summer's role in it all, everything just marched along in a perfunctory way. Even the big action scene near the start just seemed a bit limp, no real memorable visuals for, what should be, a fun sequence.

« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2020, 06:18:33 PM »
reminded me of Season 1 this. Really, really slow, not much lore shit and i'm honestly quite glad they'removing away from stuff you can whack on shirts or phone a SWAT team to a retsaurant about

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2020, 02:04:02 AM »
Catching up with this. I'm really sorry that you're all wrong, but the train episode was total fucking dogshit.

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2020, 02:05:04 AM »
That said I'm happy with the idea that it's pissed off fans by cockteasing about all the lore shit. BUT THAT'S ALL.

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2020, 03:38:57 AM »
I wonder how it's possible to have liked the show at some point in the past but actively hate these new episodes. If you are just sick of the shtick, fair enough, but in that case stop watching it? I stopped listening to The Cure after Wild Mood Swings and I haven't looked back.

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2020, 09:42:12 AM »
I thought the most recent episode was retreading old ground a bit, but the train episode was great.

maett

• Bukkake Nightmare
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2020, 10:04:52 AM »
I thought the last episode was the best of the season so far. Though Morty's reset button was a bit too close to the death crystal. But I thought all that work Rick did just to get Morty to say the acid tub was a good idea was hilarious when it was finally revealed.

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2020, 10:56:40 AM »
Maybe you can say it's a character thing, but going an extremely convoluted way to prove a point is something Rick has done in the past at least once. So the latest episode didn't feel that fresh to me.

maett

• Bukkake Nightmare
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2020, 01:46:21 PM »
Yeah, we've seen it before. The heist episode and the Vindicators. But I think this time his idea was undoubtedly shit and he knew it but it didn't stop him wanting to prove a point.

selectivememory

• Images MUST be 600 x 800 or 800 x 600 pixels
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2020, 02:09:55 PM »
I really loved the last two episodes, especially the one with the acid vat. The extended sequence showing his relationship with that woman in the middle of Morty's save point escapades was brilliant, especially knowing all the time exactly how it was going to end.

Wasn't madly keen on the train episode, but didn't hate it.

Tags: