Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Rick & Morty Season 4, Bitches!!

Started by Blumf, May 15, 2019, 10:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

So far Rick and Morty has managed to dodge any controversy surrounding its creators. There was an attempted #cancelling of Dan Harmon a while back after people drew attention to a comedy sketch where he sexually molested a baby doll. Harmon also avoided being #metooed after apologising to his harassment victim.

Given that Adult Swim were at pains to distance themselves from the alt-right after commissioning and then cancelling Million Dollar Extreme, this might have more serious repercussions, even if JonTron isn't exactly a household name outside of thegaming community.

I think Roiland is quite friendly with a few big Youtubers, I think he has had connection to Game Grumps before. Dan Harmon has appeared on the show and Roiland has been on the H3H3 podcast. I'm sure about people getting #Cancelled just by association, bit of a slippery slope.

BritishHobo

I don't think there'll be a canceling. I imagine a large chunk of Roiland fans - especially given, as DDD says, his having worked with H3H3 - are probably perfectly fine with JonTron and will happily argue that it's FINE to say that immigrants are poisoning the gene pool, it's FINE, when did we all get so SENSITIVE?

madhair60

phantom_power

Quote from: madhair60 on June 03, 2019, 10:23:56 AM
Roiland's new game Trover Saves the Universe has received a paid commercial video by white supremacist pig fucker Jontron. It is staggeringly disappointing. I can only hope it's a PR miscommunication of some sort because the values of the show Rick & Morty are fervently against that sort of shit.

How much does he get to decide or know where his advertising revenue goes? Does he own his own company or work for one?

KennyMonster

I like The Rick and Morty Show on The Netflix channel but I don't know what this other stuff is you kids are talking about.

Is this Roland the same one from Grange Hill?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Nah, it's the one who use to be in 808 State.

marquis_de_sad

No, it's Tiny, back for one last scam.

Schnapple

New trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw6BrzB1drs

I see they've split the season of ten into two, five episode seasons. Pffft. Still, imagine what a cash cow this show has become.

Thursday

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 03, 2019, 09:59:28 AM
What's he done? Is it JonTron-related?

Reckon we should just shut the internet down and write it off as a failed experiment? It was a nice idea, and we tried, but in the end it was just all shit.

There was this as well

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-fuck-the-union-103723.html

madhair60

It's been a bit too long for me to get really excited for this, but I've no doubt it will be enjoyable

Thursday

It's a long time between seasons, I know it's not as long as Venture Brothers, but that has the excuse of Doc and Jackson doing so much themselves, and Venture Brothers is much better, and they seem like they're much better human beings on a fundamental level.

phantom_power

It's less time than between seasons 2 and 3 though isn't it?

NoSleep

I think this is longer (S2 ended start of October 2015, S3 ended at the start of October 2017 and S4 just starting in November 2019), and won't be finishing for quite some time as they're staggering the 2nd half.

phantom_power

The wait between 2 & 3 seemed liked forever whereas I was surprised when I saw season 4 was coming out so soon. Odd

Alberon

Maybe it'll be staggered like this from now on. Five episodes a year. Though that would mean it would take until 2033 to release all the commissioned 70 episodes.

Maybe it'll be on an eighteen month schedule now there's no need to stop and negotiate after each season? I dunno.

NoSleep

I think it's down to quality control; possibly quality control freakdom. They need to find some more people they can trust. I don't mind either way as long as the standard is maintained.

Small Man Big Horse

It might be just because of Christmas, the first 5 episodes will take them through to December 8th, and then the rest could plausibly air in January. Or this might be complete nonsense. We'll simply never know.

NoSleep

I was thinking more of the amount of time they are taking generally. Although quality controlling 5 for release and continuing to fine tune (or even produce from scratch, maybe) a further 5 sounds like a compromise to avoid waiting for the season to be completed in its entirety. I think they are just trying to make sure they are as good as they can be.

NoSleep

Heads up for season premiere. Well, I liked it.

Just a heads up that Channel 4 won't be showing this until January for some unfathomable reason.

Small Man Big Horse

I liked it as well, it wasn't a great episode but it was a solid, decent enough one.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 11, 2019, 11:58:34 AM
Just a heads up that Channel 4 won't be showing this until January for some unfathomable reason.

It's been moved to next week on E4, which is a lot better, but still it's on the internet. I enjoyed it a lot.

madhair60

Thought that was fucking ace to be honest, and they took a very definitive stand against their shittier fans.

selectivememory

I liked it. Solid opener, with some great jokes in there. The wasp dinner being the best one. Also liked the post-credits payoff to the Morty/Jessica thing.

NoSleep

madhair60

Surprised by the lack of response to this

Loved this. Laughing constantly at the escalating, ridiculous gore. I didn't think they'd be able to top "Keep Summer Safe" in terms of mutilation, but the running cubes of flesh and the DNA destruction were amazing. Wasp dinner might be one of the best scenes they've ever done. Lovely stuff.