Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Rick & Morty Season 4, Bitches!!

Started by Blumf, May 15, 2019, 10:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

marquis_de_sad

Yeah this was great. I liked the way Jerry pronounced Akira.

Thursday

I thought it was quite good, not amazing, liked the dig at fans, this did take me by surprise though, I only knew it was happening because I saw people talking about it.

McFlymo

Absolutely loved S4 E01!

Spoilers:

Morty following the crystal, betraying Rick, killing the cops and army in funny, ultra-violent ways, the Akira references, Rick dying many times due to the fascists, the wasp dinner scene(!!!), the way Morty sort of becomes a medium for a bit. Genuine laughs also.

The bar has been set very high!

Ornlu

Well I'm not sure why but I wasn't mad keen. It was good, but also the first time first watching an episode where I didn't belly laugh once.

MojoJojo

Quote from: madhair60 on November 12, 2019, 01:14:50 PM
Surprised by the lack of response to this

I was thinking I'd wait until there were a few episodes out before watching, but actually might give this a go this evening.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 12, 2019, 04:47:14 PM
how does one watch this in the uk?

[hint]or off someone's dropbox or something[/hint]

McFlymo

Quote from: Ornlu on November 12, 2019, 11:49:36 PM
Well I'm not sure why but I wasn't mad keen. It was good, but also the first time first watching an episode where I didn't belly laugh once.

Even with the abysmal cringe of the improvised, "Interdimensional Cable" episodes?

Blumf

Storming episode. The cubed body parts and Morty struggling to form sentences are exactly the kind of things I watch this show for.

They referred to Morty's final transformation as going Akira, but the more apt comparison, I'd think, would be the prescient Leto II following the Golden Path and merging with the sand trout in Children of Dune.

Ornlu

Quote from: McFlymo on November 13, 2019, 11:57:26 PM
Even with the abysmal cringe of the improvised, "Interdimensional Cable" episodes?

Counterpoint: Ants-in-my-Eyes Johnson.

McFlymo

Quote from: Ornlu on November 14, 2019, 09:09:54 AM
Counterpoint: Ants-in-my-Eyes Johnson.

I barely raise a shrug at the whole thing, until it gets to the point where he says, "Also I can't feel anything... It's a rare disease, but there you go...." and riffs on that for a few seconds, which also features that NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL, stumbling, pause, tripping over your words thing, to make it clear that you're just making this up on the spot and so this is where you're supposed to laugh... I hate everything about those sorts of "bits".

Sorry.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

NoSleep

madhair60

I didn't mind the first one but the second one was horrible, with the worst B plot in the series too

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: madhair60 on November 14, 2019, 12:57:17 PM
I didn't mind the first one but the second one was horrible, with the worst B plot in the series too
I agree, the first has its moments, but the second is just self-indulgent crap you wouldn't even bother to include in the DVD deleted-scenes.

NoSleep

Quote from: madhair60 on November 14, 2019, 12:57:17 PM

There's a sense of genuine playfulness in the first one that's missing when they try to revisit the idea.

madhair60

Oh, I did quite like Stealy. I think that was from 2. But even that is just, er, you know. Heh.

alan nagsworth

I very regularly find myself thinking of "this JANuary... get ready to MICHAEL down your VINCENTS" and laughing.

I haven't watched this show since about 1/3 thru season 3 and have nothing else to add.

I'm sorry

i'm not

Consignia

Stealy's great, but it's mostly in the actual animation than the dialogue. I suppose it's good that they're willing to take episodes where they do something different, like the interdimensional cable, even if I think they've been pretty dire.

Oh, and this episode was ace. Not much to say there.

Schnapple

This was funny, if not top-tier. The giant, all-knowing and murderous Morty laying waste to everyone and everything really got me. I think this show is at its funniest and best when it combines absolutely absurd ideas with utterly banal character motivations.

phantom_power

Quote from: selectivememory on November 11, 2019, 06:21:03 PM
I liked it. Solid opener, with some great jokes in there. The wasp dinner being the best one. Also liked the post-credits payoff to the Morty/Jessica thing.

Shit, missed this. What happened?

NoSleep

If you mean the post-credit ending, it's a huge spoiler, so:

Morty overhears Jessica talking about what she wants to do with her life, which includes standing over the corpses of recently deceased lonely people and telling them how much she loves them.

maett

I liked the shitty stick and the first 5 minutes. Rapidly went down the toilet after that. Episode was not a shy shitter.

steveh

Quote from: ArtParrott on November 13, 2019, 02:58:56 PM
Legally, I read that it'll be on E4

Also on All4: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/rick-and-morty

No HD unless you subscribe to the right Sky or Virgin package which is annoying.

chveik

aye absolute garbage of an episode. might quit now

Mister Six

I was cackling all the way through that. I suppose it was Rick and Morty by numbers to an extent, but there's nothing wrong with that, since "Rick and Morty by numbers" still means it's bursting with imagination and wit. Not sure why anyone who watched the first three seasons would jump off here, but oh well.

(Oh, and "I axed the clone tank programme" is a hell of a slow-burning pun.)

lankyguy95

The best thing about this week's episode was the bully from last week's episode appearing on a milk carton as 'MISSING' in the post-credits scene.

Goldentony

Lil Bits justifies Inerdimensional Cables entire reason for being

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on November 18, 2019, 06:18:37 PM
(Oh, and "I axed the clone tank programme" is a hell of a slow-burning pun.)

?

Really surprised at the negativity; I thought that was a cracking bit of Rorty.

Edit: OH HE HIT THEM WITH AN AXE!!