Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your morning routine? (1 of 2)

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2019, 08:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

When you wake up, what time is it? What then happens? Mine's a pretty standard "wake up far too late, have a shower, brush teeth, run to work, be late anyway"

Neville Chamberlain

I usually wake up when Neptune is passing through its third axial arc. I play around a bit on my phone and then, just as Mars enters its fifth co-axial orbit, I get up and have a shower. This usually takes about four Mercurial cycles, then I have some breakfast, maybe a bowl of muesli or a banana or something. When I've finished eating and Jupiter has entered the fifth phase of Neptune's orbital arc, I leave the house and get the train to work.

touchingcloth

I wake up very early - 4am or so - and get out of bed to brush my teeth around 8 when I've stopped screaming.

shiftwork2

Classic Marine corps routine: shit, shower, shave.  Once those bad boys are in the bag I get out of bed.

kittens

EDIT: jesus fucking christ what a boring post. i will try harder in future.

bgmnts

I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awaken by the dustman.

I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house

shiftwork2

Well I found it informative. Worth it for the revelation that you go to work on your bicycle. 
Quote from: kittens on May 16, 2019, 09:18:21 AM
EDIT: jesus fucking christ what a boring post. i will try harder in future.

kittens

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 16, 2019, 09:26:04 AM
Well I found it informative. Worth it for the revelation that you go to work on your bicycle.

i will pare it down to the salient points.

- wake at 0730
- wash hair, brush teeth
- no breakfast
- 30 minutes lying in bed
- cycle to work

there we go, that is everything interesting about my weekday mornings. glad to have this info out in an enjoyable and easily digestible format.

Cuellar

touchingcloth

I get up early in the morning and begins my mission: brush my teeth then I creeps to the kitchen, cook some bacon and eggs and put some braids in my head.

Buelligan

I always wake three hours before I need to do anything (whatever that time may be, it changes from day to day).  Lie in bed looking at the sunlight or moonlight and thinking about all the beautiful things I can see. listening to the birds.  Light candles.  Make a nice breakfast, usually something like croissants, coffee or tea, fruit juice, some fruits, a compote or something, all on a lovely tray with nice plates and shit like that.  Take it back to bed.  This is partly because I love having breakfast in bed and partly because in winter, I light the fire whilst I'm making breakfast and bed is the warmest place to be until it's got going.  Eat leisurely breakfast in bed, read the news etc, lay out clean clothes, air bed, take shower, make bed, wash up, tidy everything, go to work.

alan nagsworth

Ah mate. My routine is so regimented - as is every humdrum day to day thing in my life - and I get quite pissy if anything impedes it.

07:00 alarm goes off, look at phone for exactly 5 mins to engage brain

07:05 get up, shower (always wash/dry areas of body in the same order, can provide saucy details on request)

07:20 put coffee machine on to brew, then feed cats, then make sandwiches for lunch, then make toast (put toaster on before I wash lunch prep kitchenware so toast pops up when that's done), pour coffee

07:30 go back to room, eat toast whilst checking weather forecast and travel news (if any), arse about on internet a bit, neck coffee with hayfever tablet

07:45 get dressed, brush my teeth (electric toothbrush has a 2 minute program that alerts you every 30 secs for each four mouth quadrants), do my hair

07:55 put lunch in my bag, stand in the hall choosing music for the commute

08:00 leave the house

Routine is fucking boss. Can't get enough of it.

alan nagsworth

I've also had the same alarm tone for roughly the last decade - this horrible fucker - because it never fails in its hideous faux-clowning insistence to immediately slap me awake.

Fuck people who have the radio come on and the volume ascends very gently up or people who have their favourite song or whatever. Those people are snooze-hitting, self-indulgent pricks. Get out of the bed.

Sin Agog

Wake up. Fall out of bed. Drive a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs and drink a cup. Find my coat and grab my hat. Make the bus in seconds flat. Make my way upstairs and have a smoke.

As I am but 6.75 miles from the coast, I awake, fretting about shells.

timebug

Wake at around six thirty, (after many years training for work) remember I am an ancient retired old scrote, and go back to sleep until about quarter to eight. Get up, wash,eat breakfast and then turn on the Beeb news to see who we are at war with today.
If nice, wander around my tiny garden and enjoy an illicit smoke (I am medically verboten das cigaretten!) and think about life.
Count my legs, wonder what the day will bring, and go and potter about indoors.Or go shopping, if food supplies require it.

[tag]Threads where the posts sound like unused lyrics from The Day Before You Came[/tag]

Lord Mandrake

Up ten minutes before first light, go in the garden and just stand there.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

pancreas

Wake up at about 8. Hug Gecko/Gecko hugs me, for about 15 mins while we argue about whose turn it is to get the coffee. 'No, Gecko, I was on a twosie two days ago, but I've worked out my debt, so it's your turn. Plus I got you a coffee at the station.' That sort of thing. Then sit in bed reading this bullshit and leaving it too late to get to work. No breakfast.

Cuellar

Why does no one have breakfast BEFORE they leave the house? How do you have any energy to get to work?

You're like all the bastards at my office slurping their cereal and rattling their bowls for half an hour every morning, chomping on pastries and so on. They're all scum and I hate them all.

If I ever have power to do such a thing I shall forbid eating at ones desk of a morning. Lunchtime is fine because if it gets too much I can just wander off for an hour. Can't do that in the morning.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2019, 09:23:47 AM
I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awaken by the dustman.

I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house

park life!

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 16, 2019, 10:09:48 AM
Wake up. Fall out of bed. Drive a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs and drink a cup. Find my coat and grab my hat. Make the bus in seconds flat. Make my way upstairs and have a smoke.

park life!

Icehaven

I wake in the morning and I step outside, and I take a deep breath and I get real high, and I scream from the top of my lungs ''FORGOT TO BUY ANY FUCKING MILK AGAIN.''

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

We* wake up
We go out
Smoke a fag
Put it out
See our friends
See the sights
Feel alright

*The royal we

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 16, 2019, 11:34:25 AM
We* wake up
We go out
Smoke a fag
Put it out
See our friends
See the sights
Feel alright

(predictably)

Park Life!

madhair60

Quote from: Cuellar on May 16, 2019, 10:59:57 AM
Why does no one have breakfast BEFORE they leave the house? How do you have any energy to get to work?

You're like all the bastards at my office slurping their cereal and rattling their bowls for half an hour every morning, chomping on pastries and so on. They're all scum and I hate them all.

If I ever have power to do such a thing I shall forbid eating at ones desk of a morning. Lunchtime is fine because if it gets too much I can just wander off for an hour. Can't do that in the morning.

Ah, so you have breakfast before leaving the house. Okay. (Sound of typing)

Icehaven

I forgot to mention I also howl in horror and lunge for the mute button when Carol the weather banshee appears on BBC breakfast, because my dislike of the affected way she says 'Scot-lind' has morphed into a totally irrational despising of her entire being.