Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your morning routine? (1 of 2)

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2019, 08:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Quote from: madhair60 on May 16, 2019, 11:49:34 AM
Ah, so you have breakfast before leaving the house. Okay. (Sound of typing)

Fuck, right, I'm outta here

rm2kmaster

Quote from: madhair60 on May 16, 2019, 08:54:06 AM
When you wake up, what time is it? What then happens? Mine's a pretty standard "wake up far too late, have a shower, brush teeth, run to work, be late anyway"

You're missing the "act like a smug cunt" bit from your morning routine.

madhair60

Sort of a weird thing to level at me, madhair60, beloved and humble man of the people, but alright.

Bennett Brauer

Alarm at 7, kettle on for a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon, head for the local yoga class. Look in the window for a bit until I'm told to go away.

Bennett Brauer

Does anyone run down the garden path eating a slice of toast as their bus goes past them, or do the adverts lie?

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on May 16, 2019, 12:13:48 PM
Sort of a weird thing to level at me, madhair60, beloved and humble man of the people, but alright.

Ignore them mads, you are not smug.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on May 16, 2019, 12:23:30 PM
Ignore them mads, you are not smug.

I may not be smug, but this made me feel snug.

monkfromhavana

Alarm goes off at 6:15. Lie in bed for extra 2-4 minutes, Go downstairs and piss, brush teeth then jump in shower.

Get out of shower, get dressed, put lunch in bag, check I have everything. Go upstairs, kiss girlfriend, leave the house between 6:40 and 6:44.

This is the weekday routine EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Icehaven

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 16, 2019, 12:17:43 PM
Does anyone run down the garden path eating a slice of toast as their bus goes past them, or do the adverts lie?

I run down the garden path as the bus goes past and then, given the stop is literally 20ft from my front door and I have an app on my phone that tells me exactly when the bus is coming, I crumple into a heap and weep silently but hard at how pathetic an excuse for a functioning adult I must be to have still missed it. No toast though, I'm more a cereal person.

Dex Sawash

Wake, read CaB to steel myself for trip downstairs for coffee (timing varies)

Assault on stairs, plain wood and quite treacherous in socks while reading CaB. Grouse internally about wife's aesthetic rejection of skateboard grip tape on stair treads which could mitigate danger of the socks/wood/CaB browsing situation.

Coffee, read CaB while deciding if I will eat breakfast (almost always 2 packets instant oats and equal amount of plain oats, also treated as instant)

Off to werke

Sebastian Cobb

Alarm goes off at 7:30 but I probably snooze it until some time between 7:50 and 9. Then it's straight in the shower, dressed into cycling gear and pack a t-shirt in the pannier. Grind coffee then out. If I've time for coffee and tea I'll have some, if not (more usual) I won't.

Small Man Big Horse

I normally wake up at 10.30am, 15 minutes before my alarm, nip to the bathroom to shave and then head downstairs to grab some breakfast. Then I skim read CaB and various other sites while eating, and at about 11.20am I get dressed and take the 9 second walk over to my desk, before vaping constantly until 11.29am when I go online and start teaching.

I am aware that many wish to kill me right now, and I understand that completely. If you so wish, pm me and I'll send you my address and which room number it is, which is definitely no.1 right by the front door, and though I may not look like my photos, and indeed seem to be a 26 year old thin man, it is definitely me.

kittens

how long do you teach for each day and how much are you paid for it? purely out of interest. is that rude to ask.

Ferris

Wake at 8.20am, scream, roll out of bed onto a streetcar, go to work

I'm on leave from work so I wake up when my son cries, and go to bed when he stops crying*. In between I do what I like.**

*28 years old, he is

**Actually he's wonderful and basically never cries, I just put that in for a joke. Flew in a plane the other day, good as gold.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: kittens on May 16, 2019, 02:18:43 PM
how long do you teach for each day and how much are you paid for it? purely out of interest. is that rude to ask.

Not at all, and I've got two different jobs, six days a week I teach Chinese kids for three hours a day (and get paid about £13 an hour, though there is a bonus system which boosts that a little) and then in the afternoons I teach French adults (and the odd teenager) for 2 hours a day (though that only pays £9 an hour), so it tends to work out as 30 hours a week. I'd like to do more with the French company though, but get a lot of cancellations annoyingly.

Norton Canes

2 a.m.: Wake up. Relive every moment of shame and embarrassment from the previous day and several from years gone by, concluding with a finale of defining childhood aberrations
4 a.m.: Back to sleep
7 a.m.: Alarm

I wake up every morning incandescent with rage and shouting. After twenty minutes of this I get up, usually around 6.30, wash/shower, brush teeth, go downstairs and drink a cup of water (I wait until I get to work before I have a coffee) then make my way to work. Boringly routine.

Sherringford Hovis

01.30 Shoo sheepdogs into their curling-off compound, ignore their plaintive whines until lawn-chocolate is produced; scoop if consistency permits, leave to harden or swash with bucket of water if not.
01.40 Always shave, shower less often than perhaps decorum demands. Fresh socks, plain black wicking T-shirt, underoos.
01.57 Ninja-stealthy into bedroom; sweatshirt label-out on bedpost. keys and knife left pocket, wallet right pocket, ID left knee pocket, trouser-legs coiled on top of Merrell slip-ons. Mobile phone on charge, pager face-down on metal coaster with lights facing out.
01.58 Judge tessitura of wifely snores: the contrast between a rising G-sharp and a falling A-flat is as evident to the practised ear as ice-skating judges holding up a 9 or a 6.

02.30-07.00 Three to four nights out of 14 - pager sounds. Throw clothes on, grab pager, drop phone, stub toe on baby-gate, fall over dogs on stairs, hit head on low kitchen doorway, exit house, sometimes remember to re-lock back door, zoom off in car. Actually wake up about a mile down the road, drive for a further mile and a half. Put clown-suit and big yellow hat on, get on red lorry.

Otherwise:
07.00 Wife unearths secret invisible timpani and serenades me relentlessly from every room in the house as I try to get another 90 minutes kip.
08.10 Wife leaves for work.
08.11 Still recumbent, I scream all the things I wanted to yell at around 07.02 while dogs cower under tables.
08.12 Spent, I lapse into spittle-flecked snooze.
08.29 Dogs scratch at back door. I dash downstairs with guilt, unclear as to whether they're outside wanting back in, or inside wanting out again.

QDRPHNC

7 am. Tell boy to get up. Kitchen. Turn on Classical FM. Slice mushrooms, in pan. Start other pan heating up. Bread in toaster oven. Get kettle going. Make boy's sandwich for lunch. Piece of fruit. Granola bar. Set it aside. Tell boy to get up. Eggs in other pan. Pour water. Steep tea. Greet boy. Tell boy kitchen is boner-free zone. Tell boy to put clothes on. Set table. Take out toast, butter. Add mushrooms. Add eggs. Set table. Sit down with boy and eat. Tell boy to find something to do. Write in journal and drink tea. Brush teeth. Leave at 8:15. Classic morning.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Wake up
Grab a brush and put on a little make up
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup
Have some toast and get on the bus

0610 - alarm goes off
0612 - look at phone for long enough to know if my train is running ok, whether the world is ending soon and what the weather is today
0615 - make and drink a coffee, feed the cat
0622 - brush my teeth and make myself pretty
0626 - get dressed in clothes I have chosen and laid out the night before
0630 - leave the house to catch the train

thenoise

06.30 woken by Radio 4's today programme
06.32 turn off today programme in disgust. Stretch, get out of bed.
06.35 Morning yoga routine. Marvel that I don't seem to be getting any stretchier, but it still feels nice so fuck it.
07.00 Make breakfast for me and wife. Usually some healthier version of a fry up with spinach, tomatoes and peppers alongside the familiar egg, beans, veggie sausages; or it'll be porridge. In the summer we have fruit and yogurt. Always plenty of coffee for me, and fruit juice for her.
07.45 washing up while wife has shower & dresses. Watch an episode of the twilight zone of doctor who. Occasionally some other bit of nonsense. Lately been watching episodes of the Toxic Crusaders (toxic avenger cash in cartoon by the guys who made the turtles).
08.15 bundle wife out of the door to work.
Then I generally go back to bed for a bit.

Bum Flaps

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 16, 2019, 02:29:54 PM
and then in the afternoons I teach French adults (and the odd teenager) for 2 hours a day

Just how odd is this teenager?

Only a fool showers in the morning rather than the evening.

Captain Crunch

The best POSSIBLE start to the day is fresh air, cup of tea, big slab of bread pudding with extra sugar and Helmet's 'Betty' on nice and loud. 

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on May 17, 2019, 01:59:24 AM
Only a fool showers in the morning rather than the evening.

There was a storm on twitter the other day about whether you should wash your legs in the shower. In all honesty I don't often bother.

thenoise

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2019, 06:56:22 PM
There was a storm on twitter the other day about whether you should wash your legs in the shower. In all honesty I don't often bother.

I assume they get all the benefits of me washing my hair, face, armpits thoroughly, just like the poorest members of society benefit from the unrestricted spending power of the wealthiest through the 'trickle down' effect.