Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:57:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the best night's sleep you've ever had? (2 of 2)

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2019, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

And what were the circumstances?

Mine were sexy circumstances (I'd just asphyxiated myself)

touchingcloth

On a ferry to Spain after knocking back a zopiclone. The gentle rocking of a boat on calm seas, the dull thrumming of the engines, the zopiness and cloneliness of the zopiclone. Magic.

kittens

Cuellar

kittens

madhair60

Cuellar

Quote from: madhair60 on May 16, 2019, 09:46:50 AM
Thanks for your contribution you fucking almanac.

I feel like you're compiling dossiers on us all with all these incredibly intimate questions and you plan to use the information against us at some point, and I want no part in it.

DrGreggles

I never sleep on planes normally. Something to do with the seats being too small and definitely not due to me being too fat.
Anyway, was once very knackered after driving from Florida to Georgia and had to get a flight home from Atlanta.
Flying back alone and got the sole upgrade space that was on offer*. Woohoo! Big seat!
Took off, reclined and... OUT! Woke up 9 hours later as we were approaching Heathrow.
Felt fucking amazing. I never normally get more than 6 hours ever - and that's usually interrupted by at least one trip to the lav.

*BTW, I've got a pretty good hit rate on upgrades when flying to/from the States on my own. Give it a go, people.

sponk

Had an eye procedure two weeks ago and took a few codeine for the pain. As they were kicking in I spent a while screaming and throwing things around the room but I nodded off before I knew it and slept for about 15 hours. Bliss.

alan nagsworth

One of mine was probably on a plane as well. Conquered the pre-flight anxiety with three pints in the airport and a Valium just before boarding. Ordered a glass of red after takeoff, got 5 minutes into watching Wreck It Ralph and next thing you know 8 hours later I'm in Texas.

Absolutely sparkers. My mate said at one point he had to hold his hand in front of my gaping mouth to check if I was still alive.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

alan nagsworth

Listen I've known this guy for ten years and I'm 60% sure he wouldn't drug me and then rape me on an aeroplane.

Yeah not so smug now are you

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Would he do it on any other transport medium? A bus? A skateboard? A tram? A......monorail?

How sure are you now?

Also in answer to the OP question; your mum.

I went for an operation in hospital and they gave me the face mask of gas. The horn of the QE2 wouldn't have roused me.

Small Man Big Horse

One night I went out after work drinking with friends, got home ridiculously pissed at 3.30am, then had to be up at 6am for another 10 hour shift. I've still no idea how I got through it but when I lay down on the bed and planned to read for a short while, and then woke up still fully clothed 12 hours later feeling fucking fantastic. I've had the odd 12 hour sleep since and not even come close to feeling as good, but one day I hope I'll recapture that sensation.

Pingers

First Vesterbro hotel, Copenhagen. Right at the back, silent, blackout curtains, very comfy bed. Got in from a wedding at 4 am, woke up about 9, had massive Scandi buffet breakfast, went back to bed for hours and hours of delicious coma.

mrpupkin

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 16, 2019, 09:10:59 AM
On a ferry to Spain after knocking back a zopiclone. The gentle rocking of a boat on calm seas, the dull thrumming of the engines, the zopiness and cloneliness of the zopiclone. Magic.

Zopiclone always made me feel grim the next day, like I hadn't slept but just been concussed or something. I'd rather just go without sleep, and I say that as a chronic insomniac who is going to kill himself soon (I won't really).

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: mrpupkin on May 17, 2019, 08:39:51 PM
Zopiclone always made me feel grim the next day, like I hadn't slept but just been concussed or something. I'd rather just go without sleep, and I say that as a chronic insomniac who is going to kill himself soon (I won't really).

I was on it for twelve years and loved it to pieces, but I always needed at least ten hours sleep or I'd feel like shit the next day.

Cerys

I wouldn't know.  I was probably asleep at the time.

Red Lantern

Many years ago, I got an overnight bus from Montreal to New York City. Didn't get any sleep on the bus. Got to NYC in the morning and had to wander around for hours until I could check into my youth hostel at 4 pm, absolutely knackered. Decided to have a nap before heading out for some dinner. Ended up sleeping for about 14 hours straight, right through to morning the next day. That was a great sleep.

Brian Freeze

The night after i had the snip. Walked out of hospital to the pub, double whisky, taxi home. Said hi to the family, took some of the painkillers and was in bed for quarter past eight.

It was an absolutely fabulous sleep but i still woke up with sore bollocks in a sling.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another jetlag one. Arrived home from 8 hours sleep. Wound down, got into bed 2.30pm, woke 9am the following day feeling like a champion, instead of the broke balding loser I in fact was.

Also the sleep after the worst vomiting and drunken disaster ever aged 18. Black stuff, street swearing, terrible end of days stuff, borderline hospital call. Woke up on Xmas day in lovely white sheets and didn't remember a single thing. Felt like the universe boss. Then I saw their faces.

imitationleather

Is when you sleepwalk good sleep or bad sleep? Because I was totally out for the count at the time, even if to the man on the street I may have appeared like a wide awake man. Albeit one totally losing their fucking mind.

St_Eddie

Mr Farenheit

On holiday in Sao Paolo and went to the city Centre at the weekend. It's a part where it's all offices and deserted at weekends, not a soul around apart from junkies. A couple of whom pulled knives on me and my friend. Fortunately their movements were zombie-like and we scarpered pretty sharpish. Got back to my friends flat about 6pm and went for a lie down. Woke up fully clothed 14 hours later.

Ferris

Put Ferris Jr to sleep on our bed using mystic techniques (reading Spot the Dog and saying shh) prior to putting him in his crib for bedtime at 7pm.

Embarrassingly, the techniques backfired and I clapped out at around 6.30pm. Wife found us both asleep, put Ferris Jr in his crib and left me to sleep for ~14 hours. Felt fucking amazing. Like... amazing. I still think of it sometimes.