Author Topic: Virtual Reality  (Read 7270 times)

Re: Virtual Reality
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »
Amazing game in VR, very beautiful. Real talk, easily as good on an OLED and headphones, one of my favourite gaming experiences of the year, weeping with happiness. Rez Infinite too. Total euphoria on OLED and VR.

Dewt

• The Fun House Grand Prix
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2020, 07:53:25 PM »
is it? I just played it for a bit and was mesmerised.
It's definitely really good and magical as AP describes. Trying to talk about it without being enough to compare it to drugs, but...

I thought I'd like the more abstract bits the most but so far the best experiences for me have been the sparks that transformed into a chanting circle and a desert that turned into the moon.

Yes I consider those spoilers.

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2020, 07:57:46 PM »
I mean, if it's better on every other VR platform, what's lacking on Quest?

Dewt

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2020, 08:09:40 PM »
It doesn't have the horsepower to be quite as spectacular. I got over it though, just had to flip the switch in my brain. It's great as it is.

PC could probably handle this with the link cable but I'd still prefer to play it untethered and I can't be bothered to do it wirelessly via Virtual Desktop.

Dewt

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2020, 04:34:51 AM »
Busted out the dual GTX 1080 mammoth desktop CPU laptop that work gifted me as an incentive for taking OSCP that has been sitting in a room doing nothing for two years. It's now my PC VR rig. Gonna get Tetris Effect running on that instead.

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »
Table tennis on the quest is amazing. Worth picking up in the sale if you don't have it. Pity I'm totally rubbish at it but I'd be keen to give anyone a game

Dewt

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2020, 10:22:13 AM »
Presumably you mean Eleven Table Tennis

(just so nobody buys the other, less-good table tennis game)

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »
Presumably you mean Eleven Table Tennis

(just so nobody buys the other, less-good table tennis game)

Yup

Dewt

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
It is a difficult game. I haven't played since about a month ago, but practice really does help. First couple of days I couldn't beat the easiest AI. Then I'd get good enough to beat it regularly and move on to medium, until I could beat that reliably. Last time I played it I was just about holding my own against hard (ooh-err etc.)

In terms of VR experience, it is the most uncanny. It really felt like being in a different place. Have you tried to rest your controller on the table and have it tumble to the ground yet?

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2020, 09:51:16 AM »
That makes me feel better as I was really struggling on easy mode despite thinking i'm alright at table tennis in real life and this game being the most accurate sport simulator i've ever played.

Shame the game is a bit bare bones in terms of presentation and options, it could be brilliant if there was a proper matchmaking or tournament mode. Seems quite a few people play it online anyway, it never takes long to find a match (and then for me to be soundly beaten). Oh and yes, I have gone to rest my controllers on the virtual table a couple of times - the wriststraps are invaluable in this game.

Dewt

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2020, 10:56:36 AM »
Yeah, the game is definitely a bit bare bones. Doesn't quite feel like a real product, more like something where they've perfected the basics and wrapped it in a shitshow of a game. A campaign mode wouldn't go amiss, along with some menus that don't look like 1998.

Tags: