Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Man With Annoying Face Might Be New Batman

Started by Small Man Big Horse, May 17, 2019, 05:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Rev+ on June 02, 2019, 01:01:34 AM
What do people want from a Batman actor really?  I get the dissent whenever Bond's recast, but we're talking about a gruff psychopath in a suit.

I guess I just long for the time that Batman wasn't a psychopath, I was really fond of Detective Comics in the mid to late eighties before they made Bruce all grim dark, and, shock horror, they actually spent a lot of time on the detecting element of the stories, and would love to see that on the big screen.

Glebe

magval

Sick to me tits of that hacky fucking X is the X we need headline writing, 11 years on. Fuck I hate the Internet lads.

Glebe

mothman

He has slimmed down, but nowhere near the lithe skinny look the Riddler seems to be most visualised as.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 18, 2019, 10:01:42 AM
I don't know about any of that but the virtue signaling is off the chart in that trailer, so I can understand why some fans might take exception to something they care about being adopted to so brazenly peddle a political agenda.
Batwoman has been gay in the comics for quite a while, though. Not sure "some people are gay" qualifies as a political agenda, and luckily for those people there are literally thousands of other TV shows with straight leads, even lots of shows with no gay characters at all.

bgmnts

What animated film is it where a jailbait Batwoman and Batman fuck? Its in one of them.

Kelvin

Quote from: bgmnts on September 25, 2019, 12:10:24 PM
What animated film is it where a jailbait Batwoman and Batman fuck? Its in one of them.

Killing Joke. They added a storyline before the comic's plot kicked in.

samadriel

I can't be the only one who sees that as massively incestuous, can I?  It's like Bats fucking his youthful ward.

Mister Six

Quote from: bgmnts on September 25, 2019, 12:10:24 PM

Batgirl, not Batwoman.

STOP GETTING BAT LORE WRONG!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Batgirl, you'll be a Batwoman soon.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 24, 2019, 11:55:50 PM
Batwoman has been gay in the comics for quite a while, though. Not sure "some people are gay" qualifies as a political agenda, and luckily for those people there are literally thousands of other TV shows with straight leads, even lots of shows with no gay characters at all.
Where is St. Eddie anyway?

SteveDave

https://www.nme.com/news/film/paul-dano-riddler-new-batman-movie-2558387

QuoteThe Prisoners actor will be the second actor to play the iconic riddling criminal after Jim Carrey played the role in 1995's Batman Forever.

Bad Ambassador

Impressive lack of research by the journalist, given that Gotham only finsihed in April and the Riddler was a major character.

Mister Six

I mean, just type Riddler Actor into Google...

phantom_power

To be generous I think he was talking about cinematic roles, but he could have stated that

Dr Rock

Replies From View

SteveDave

Thomas

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 17, 2019, 08:57:23 PM
People I look like; Charles Manson, Ben Shapiro and now this cunt.

The unholy trinity.

Fuck.

At sixth form I was daily compared to - and often directly referred to as - Robert Pattinson. I have to say, it really pleased me. However, I have the skeletal frame of Jarvis Cocker and will draw no comparisons to the Bat-Man.

Kelvin

Blumf

Meh, was wondering how (and when) they'll move Batman on from the mil-spec tacticool styling. Not yet, it seems.

Lord Mandrake

Tactical, leather or spandex, where can you go? Maybe denim.

Non Stop Dancer

Or a nice jumbo corduroy. Maybe a fleece in the night time.

Replies From View