Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Film ID help

Started by Shit Good Nose, May 17, 2019, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

From the mid-to-late 80s (possibly 90-91, but certainly no later), probably straight to vid, American or possibly Canadian film about a teenage boy with glasses who is trying to kill his step-family.  There's a scene on a frozen lake where loads of people are skating and/or playing ice hockey and he lures his step-mum or sister to where the ice is thin and she falls in and there's that classic person trapped under the ice trope.  Oddly my memory tells me it had a happy ending and he was forgiven for all his misdeeds.  I also seem to remember a scene in a barn.

I don't think it was a horror, more of a drama-thriller.

I don't remember anyone particularly famous being in it, but the trailer for it seemed to be on pretty much every video I rented from the late 80s to early 90s.

I am NOT thinking of:
The Good Son
Michael trying to kill Julie in Neighbours
The Bad Seed
Any of the Children of the Corn films, or Midwich Cuckoos adaptations
The Omen
The Child
The Pit

Any ideas?

Josef K

It's not The Omen but it sounds a lot like The Omen 2

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Josef K on May 17, 2019, 12:31:09 PM
It's not The Omen but it sounds a lot like The Omen 2

No - he doesn't wear glasses in The Omen 2 and, besides, that mainly concentrates on the day-to-day business of running Thorn Industries (when I showed it to Mrs Nose for the first time, after she quite liked the first one, she turned to me and said "is this actually a horror film?" - that was after half an hour of William Holden talking about stocks and walking around an industrial unit).

Also, I'm pretty sure the film I'm thinking of has absolutely no supernatural stuff about it at all.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's probably called On Thin Ice or some such shit.

Dex Sawash

What film is it that Puce Moment's old avatar was from (Lady in shiny red jacket, head in noose).
I watched about half of it but forgot the name of it.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 19, 2019, 03:42:18 PM
What film is it that Puce Moment's old avatar was from (Lady in shiny red jacket, head in noose).
I watched about half of it but forgot the name of it.

Psychomania! Brilliant avatar.

Mister Six

Is OP's film just some TV movie "based on a true story" Hallmark Channel bullshit? Channel 5 and ITV used to have a bunch of these - I assume bought as part of a package with something someone might actually want to watch - that they'd show late at night. I recall one about a stalkery teen who tried to knock off the wife of the bloke she was having an affair with, I think starring a pre-Buffy Charisma Carpenter.

Here's one - a French (I think) film, shown on one of Channel 4's "Red Light Season" slots (fnarr) or similar, sometime in the early-mid 90s. Bloke's on a bed, woman stood above him, with only her legs showing, with items of clothing dropping off her from above camera as she sings something like "Julie scents her cunt with lavender, Angie scents her cunt with roses, I scent my cunt with all these flowers." Then she lowers her scented lady garden in front of his face, and he grips her buttocks to pull her in.

Why do I want to identify it? Oh, no reason at all. Don't worry about it.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Mister Six on May 20, 2019, 06:20:28 AM
Is OP's film just some TV movie "based on a true story" Hallmark Channel bullshit?

Quite possibly, but I scoured the Hallmark (and early HBO) films and couldn't find anything.

It DEFINITELY got a vid release over here cos that's how I saw it, after having the trailer rammed down my throat from so many other rental vids.

Sorry to say I can't repay the help for your little art project...