Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stunfest 2019 - GUS CELEBRATION

Started by The Boston Crab, May 18, 2019, 07:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stunfest is a French e-sports festival kind of thing. Some speedrunning, some fighting game tournaments and also some superplay kind of runs. It's the biggest thing of its kind in Europe.

Here's the highlight of this year, Gus doing a 1CC of Mushihimesama Futari Ultra Mode live on stage.

He never played the game in public before.

The run starts at 5:45 and the celebrations begin at 39:55.

https://youtu.be/nT40eJ15irY

You really must check out the celebrations.

Twed

I don't trust the French language. They use too many words that feel like they're picked from school textbooks. I think they do it to make fun of people. "Haha, we'll say things like encore and jouer and terminer and après and then those English idiots listening will think they know French, bof bof bof bof bof". Well it doesn't work on me.

It took me about twenty minutes to realise that booooo-let carn-cerrrrrr was 'bullet cancel'.

How bout that Gus, though? Reminds me of Vinnie01. I just want things to go well for him.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/426010552?t=55m30s

The run with English commentary and an interview with the guy for the last five or ten minutes.

Check him out. That's the result of going full shmup.

Gus went FULL SHMUP live on stage to close the Stunfest event:

http://www.twitch.tv/os_yom/v/426896367?sr=a&t=10643s

A one credit clear of Mushihimesama Futari Ultra 1.01 live on stage.

English commentary on this one from two absolute all-timer beast Western players (Plasmo and Jaimers) and even they don't know what to say, at times.

madhair60

This is silly bollocks for mad nerds

Is this man 'well adjusted' in your professional opinion?

Noonling

I like games. I like games a lot. I play many different kind of games. Sometimes I've even played bullet hell games.

But WHY on GOD'S GREEN EARTH would I want to watch someone else play a bullet hell, even if they are really, really good at it?

remedial_gash

Look up T3-Kamui's playthrough of Battle Garegga at stunfest 2013 - you'll cream your pants, or maybe not.

Quote from: Noonling on May 22, 2019, 03:20:55 PM
I like games. I like games a lot. I play many different kind of games. Sometimes I've even played bullet hell games.

But WHY on GOD'S GREEN EARTH would I want to watch someone else play a bullet hell, even if they are really, really good at it?

It's cool to see something that I'm good at done to a level that only about ten people in the world could even contemplate.

Also, I can learn some superficial strategy stuff that will improve my skills and understanding which makes the game more enjoyable and interesting for me, and allows me to take it to the next level which is satisfying.

Quote from: remedial_gash on May 22, 2019, 03:58:13 PM
Look up T3-Kamui's playthrough of Battle Garegga at stunfest 2013 - you'll cream your pants, or maybe not.

Cheers. I don't Garegga at all well but I'll check this out for sure.

Space ghost

Quote from: Noonling on May 22, 2019, 03:20:55 PM

I felt like that until I happened to watch a video of a man doing a 1cc of Ghouls'n ghosts and was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

^ We talking One Credit Classics? Really good dude, enjoy his stuff.

Space ghost

Yes that's the one. Great channel, personable bloke. I was absolutely rooting for the mutha during that ghouls run. Obviously I knew he would be successful but it was still thrilling stuff. His chase hq run is pretty entertaining too.