Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:22:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Signatures

Started by Jumblegraws, May 18, 2019, 11:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I hate writing by hand and am extremely put-out whenever I am required to. I broke the arm and shoulder connected to my writing arm last year and as a result my handwriting has got even worse than it already was.

Come on, it's 2019. Stop making me write my name. A verbal assurance that it's me is enough, right? Yeah?

I never use my real signature, I always use a fake signature. In the near future, it may be possible to reproduce a person entirely from their signature and I don't want to be in that situation. Imagine what he might get up to.

machotrouts

I have had postal votes rejected on 2 occasions because they didn't like my signature. Both times, to avoid this happening again, I re-registered with a new signature, and then immediately forgot what it was. Continually disenfranchised by my lack of muscle memory.

I think I missed whatever stage in my life I was supposed to get a signature. Are you supposed to set a couple of hours aside in your teens to invent and memorise a specific squiggle? Is this a thing I was supposed to find out about and practise on my own without grown-ups ever telling me about it, like bumming?

St_Eddie

Quote from: DistressedArea on May 18, 2019, 01:58:20 PM
I never use my real signature, I always use a fake signature. In the near future, it may be possible to reproduce a person entirely from their signature and I don't want to be in the situation.

Quote from: DistressedArea on May 18, 2019, 01:58:20 PM
Imagine what he might get up to.

Using a fake signature to avoid a possible clone in the future sullying the good name which he inherited from you, presumably.

I have trouble believing that a laboratory grown signature beast would be so careful with paperwork.

St_Eddie

Quote from: DistressedArea on May 18, 2019, 03:03:26 PM
I have trouble believing that a laboratory grown signature beast would be so careful with paperwork.

Well, your predecessors were careful with their paperwork, as are you, clone #14.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 18, 2019, 11:47:01 AM
I was made to change my signature by my supervisor at work because it was "illegible".  On the other hand, yesterday I had a workman over to fix my boiler and upon completion of the job, he asked me to put my signature into his tablet to confirm that the job had been completed.  Given that I was hungover and keen to get back to bed, I couldn't be bothered to use my actual signature, so instead I just made a quick continuous sporadic motion on the screen in about half a second, giving it only a cursory glance upon competition.  I handed it back to the workman and said "mehhh... just a squiggle".  He didn't seem to care that I hadn't used my actual signature, much less that it was illegible.  Outside of security purposes, signatures a big load of nothing.  It's all just squiggles.

You don't have to bother with those things. I've tried doing my proper signature, but it always ends up as some bollocks on the little screen. I just do a big flourish and be done with it.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 18, 2019, 05:47:48 PM
You don't have to bother with those things. I've tried doing my proper signature, but it always ends up as some bollocks on the little screen.

They'll be trying to get us to put our signatures on an Etch A Sketch next.

garbed_attic

I'm one of those people who came up with his signature at 8 and has never known when he was allowed or supposed to change it. It's basically my name with the first letter of the surname cunningly written on top of the last letter of my first name.

Dex Sawash

Fucksake, I mispelled signature several times

Noonling

I keep misspelling my name in my signature. No one has ever noticed.

---

Should I smile, Cuz ur my friend, Or cry..Cuz that's all we'll ever be?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 18, 2019, 10:05:18 PM
Fucksake, I mispelled signature several times

If it's of any help, my own trick for remembering the spelling of the word signature is to break it up; sig-nature.  The first part, 'sig' is easy to remember as it comes to mind naturally when trying to spell the word as a whole and on that note, the key to remembering the second part of the word is that it's a word in its own right; 'nature'.  Sig-nature.  Signature.

Dex Sawash

Could also have looked at subject line or any of the other replies.
I annoy my wife by saying "we need to signate this document"

Bennett Brauer

I used to work for a recently-promoted manager who was younger than me, a real Gareth Cheeseman "you're a tiger" ambitious type. I went into his empty office to leave my letter of resignation saying I'm leaving you, you cow some message on his desk and noticed his blotter was covered in about 20 different iterations of his signature that he'd obviously been practising. I was reminded of that a few days ago when I saw Gavin Williamson's ridiculous autograph... ... except my boss's sigs were more elaborate.

Mine is just my 13-character name in my normal neat handwriting with a small line underneath. I'm an unimaginative bastard but it's probably hard to fake.

Squink

Not arsed mate, sigs.