Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:48:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When Did You Last Charm Someone?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, May 18, 2019, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It was a fucking long time ago for me.

St_Eddie

I usually charm someone whenever I'm down the pub and have had a couple of glasses of wine.  Two glasses is the perfect balance between introverted awkwardness and extroverted obnoxiousness.  Sadly, I've never been one to drink in moderation and so I usually end up offending the same person who I had previously charmed earlier that evening.

imitationleather

Been a while since I charmed, but I duped someone not that long ago.

Danger Man

About 30 minutes ago.

That's sales for you.

Ambient Sheep

Last few months of that year I could do no wrong.

Then I blew it.

Howj Begg

It was probably at the Winter Solstice. The moon was in an auspicious phase, and Isis looked down at me with one approving white eye as I cast the knuckle bones of a child. Mr Hotherstall severely regretted that rude remark to me about my clothing as he croaked and shifted uneasily on his new legs in a slimy pool that eve.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

In Portugal a couple of years ago. You know how the foreigns like it when you speak their language? I was on holiday in some Anglo enclave, and I was buying some tourist tat. The girl had a face like a split arse with all the rest of the customers, but as soon as I sidled up to the counter and went "Olá" she damn near nearly shit. When I said "Obrigado" after the purchase she may as well have come all over the place.

QDRPHNC

Define charm. Make them laugh? Let you touch their in betweens? Bought those speakers from your van?

peanutbutter

Typically the confidence boost of charming one person results in me being really charming for a while until I get tired and my mood falls off a cliff for about a year.

Generally speaking I'm far too guarded to ever be charming.

Sebastian Cobb

Job interview, about 6 weeks ago. I know it was that long ago because they demanded references up front before sending out an unconditional offer and it took that long for their HR department to get a reference out my last but one employer. In the end I had to go cap-in-hand to an ex-colleague and ask them to do it.

Asking your line manager for a reference without a resignation letter in your hand really isn't the one.

Emma Raducanu

I asked a girl at work why she wasn't wearing makeup today. She said she woke up too late to put any on. I said she doesn't need it anyway. She did a little click click sound and giggled, which basically means she wants me I think!

thenoise

She was probably recording you on her phone, she is gonna #metoo your ass.

I charm cats daily, and babies at least once a week. Copied a baby's head movements today and made her laugh, they are so easily pleased.

Sebastian Cobb

The clicking suggests yer man might actually have been attempting to seduce a dolphin.