Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:33:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fancying someone [split topic]

Started by ffs, May 18, 2019, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

There would've been that moment where you are both finally alone together. The pair of you wistfully staring out at the twinkling city skyline, the distant sound of jazz coming from a bar, that familiar exquisite smell of her perfume. Her perfect smile.

She turns to you and says, "You're not in love with me, you're in love with the idea of me."

She kisses you on the cheek and walks away into the night, thinking,"'At last, I've always wanted to say that. Get in!"

Buelligan

Quote from: ffs on May 19, 2019, 08:01:55 AM
Cheers. It wasn't that I wanted it to go anywhere - I'd just hoped that she might feel something similar so I'd at least have some satisfaction and emotional closure. I spent most of my early 20s in very similar unrequited situations which ended in equally embarrassing ways, so the whole thing's made me feel as I haven't emotionally matured since then.

I mean, gah!, I mean, how would you feel if you found what you've posted here, typed out by your wife?  I don't want to be unkind but you know, when you marry someone, there are more than one person's feelings to take into account.

Personally, I wouldn't marry anyone for anything.  I don't want a partner (I have had them, so I know why I don't want one) but if you do want a partner, I think you need to know why you do.  And that reason needs to be worth being honest with them and genuinely putting them right up there, alongside your own wishes and desires. 

Being married or in a partnership whilst lying, hiding your true feelings, intentionally misleading them into believing one thing whilst living another, whatever, it's just so cunty, so weak and not altogether mentally healthy.  You're stealing their time, their life and you just can't pay that back but you're also doing that to yourself.  Having a half-arsed shonky life.

I'm really sorry, as I said, I don't want to upset you (or anyone) but fuck me, get a grip.  Think about this stuff, don't just drift through life weeping for your bruised ego on trains.

Bronzy

Get a grip of your penis and wank it

touchingcloth

Was enjoying the story apart from the poor choice of jam as a doughnut filling, and the bit where he raped a hug out of her.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Buelligan on May 19, 2019, 06:11:23 PM
I mean, gah!, I mean, how would you feel if you found what you've posted here, typed out by your wife?  I don't want to be unkind but you know, when you marry someone, there are more than one person's feelings to take into account.

Personally, I wouldn't marry anyone for anything.  I don't want a partner (I have had them, so I know why I don't want one) but if you do want a partner, I think you need to know why you do.  And that reason needs to be worth being honest with them and genuinely putting them right up there, alongside your own wishes and desires. 

Being married or in a partnership whilst lying, hiding your true feelings, intentionally misleading them into believing one thing whilst living another, whatever, it's just so cunty, so weak and not altogether mentally healthy.  You're stealing their time, their life and you just can't pay that back but you're also doing that to yourself.  Having a half-arsed shonky life.

I'm really sorry, as I said, I don't want to upset you (or anyone) but fuck me, get a grip.  Think about this stuff, don't just drift through life weeping for your bruised ego on trains.

This is a little harsh. People are only human. Buells, do you think living up to this ideal of a fairytale relationship of total devotion is impossible and this why you have chosen solitude?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Enjoyed the bit where he said he was hoping to add her on Facebook, enabling him to look at her pictures and have a good old pine. Also enjoyed the bit where he tried to engineer a hug with her, and she was quite plainly having none of it.Missed the part in which English law allows a 14 year old male to get married, and to be allowed to work full time.

gib

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 19, 2019, 06:29:31 PM
This is a little harsh. People are only human. Buells, do you think living up to this ideal of a fairytale relationship of total devotion is impossible and this why you have chosen solitude?

not stalking ex colleagues on facebook, an example of unattainable fairytale devotion there

touchingcloth

Bronzy

Get a grip of your clitoris and wank it

Buelligan

I'm trying not to be harsh but tbh, it really boils my piss when people are dishonest about serious shit like how to spend the rest of your life.  It is really serious and I just think, if you want to live with someone, every day of your life, at least be honest with them.  Or what the fuck is point?

Really.

And yes, it is why I'm alone.  I cannot abide bullshit, life's just too short to spend it propping up someone who isn't honest enough to be who they are.

Cuellar

I fancy 90% of people I meet/look at

Buelligan

And you lie about it 10% of the time.

Cuellar

Bronzy

60% of the time, it works, every time

Buelligan

Quote from: Cuellar on May 19, 2019, 07:08:40 PM
Fine

Good.

You don't get it do you?  I tried to write it clearly. 

Cuellar

Oh I get it. I get it. I should say I get it. All this fucking about has to stop.

Buelligan

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 19, 2019, 06:29:47 PM
Enjoyed the bit where he said he was hoping to add her on Facebook, enabling him to look at her pictures and have a good old pine. Also enjoyed the bit where he tried to engineer a hug with her, and she was quite plainly having none of it.Missed the part in which English law allows a 14 year old male to get married, and to be allowed to work full time.

Jeez Lisa, is there really any need to be so mean? He's clearly not happy about having such feelings and it's a complicated and messy time for him emotionally, so why kick him when he's down?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Buelligan on May 19, 2019, 07:02:50 PM
I'm trying not to be harsh but tbh, it really boils my piss when people are dishonest about serious shit like how to spend the rest of your life.  It is really serious and I just think, if you want to live with someone, every day of your life, at least be honest with them.  Or what the fuck is point?

Really.

And yes, it is why I'm alone.  I cannot abide bullshit, life's just too short to spend it propping up someone who isn't honest enough to be who they are.

What if they said, "I love you, but you do know I'm still going find other people attractive?" That's honest.

chveik

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 19, 2019, 07:32:36 PM
Jeez Lisa, is there really any need to be so mean? He's clearly not happy about having such feelings and it's a complicated and messy time for him emotionally, so why kick him when he's down?

yes, that's rather cuntish, especially coming from cab's resident incel.

Buelligan

Hey, you're being harsh too, aren't you?

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 19, 2019, 07:33:48 PM
What if they said, "I love you, but you do know I'm still going find other people attractive?" That's honest.

That's completely fine isn't it.  You're treating the other person with respect and offering them an honest informed choice (if that's the truth).

Danger Man

Danger Man

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 19, 2019, 06:29:47 PM
Enjoyed the bit where he said he was hoping to add her on Facebook, enabling him to look at her pictures and have a good old wank

Jockice

This is a little harsh. People are only human.

I agree. I was going to write a lengthy piece about the times I've made a dick of myself and seeing other people also making dicks of themselves when they get crushes but it's not going to change anyone's mind.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Buelligan on May 19, 2019, 07:36:21 PM
Hey, you're being harsh too, aren't you?

That's completely fine isn't it.  You're treating the other person with respect and offering them an honest informed choice (if that's the truth).

I was once in a relationship like that. We were both up front from the very start and it was ideal. However, it became untenable when the "finding other people attractive" goes into deeper territory.  Other people often want more.

Bronzy

Quote from: Jockice on May 19, 2019, 07:48:02 PM
I agree. I was going to write a lengthy piece about the times I've made a dick of myself and seeing other people also making dicks of themselves when they get crushes but it's not going to change anyone's mind.

Quite interested in the handjob story

I imagine it's a lengthy piece you dirty old bollocks

thenoise

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 19, 2019, 07:33:48 PM

Most people don't consider impure thought to be cheating. I don't think there is a need to spell it out.

If I were your wife - I'd have been relieved that 'nothing happened', but obviously would have preferred if you had been the one to give her the cold shoulder.

Anyway, try and notice the cute lady at home a bit more. You might fall for her just as hard.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 19, 2019, 07:32:36 PM

Did OP state a gender?

Jockice

Quote from: Bronzy on May 19, 2019, 08:01:46 PM
Quite interested in the handjob story

I imagine it's a lengthy piece you dirty old bollocks

It took place during the England/Belgium match in the 1990 World Cup. That's all you're getting out of me on that score.

Brundle-Fly