Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This is not what you think this is.

Started by Delete Delete Delete, May 19, 2019, 08:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 09:45:59 PM
Nah, that'd be my lodge skillet. I do most of my meals in it.

I BET YOU DO, YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS. I BET YOU FUCKING DO.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: DolphinFace on May 19, 2019, 10:01:22 PM
I once added quark instead of parmesan and it was ALRIGHT.

Did it taste 'strange' or was it more of a 'charm' vibe ahahahaha.

touchingcloth

kittens

boil in big pan until sloppy. empty water over sink. pour in whole jar of dolmio and bag of pre-grated mozzerella. stir until so goopy. put half on plate, eat in front of laptop. eat rest from pan on top of cooker. vomit in downstairs toilet. buono appetito.

touchingcloth

Quote from: kittens on May 19, 2019, 10:10:18 PM
boil in big pan until sloppy. empty water over sink. pour in whole jar of dolmio and bag of pre-grated mozzerella. stir until so goopy. put half on plate, eat in front of laptop. eat rest from pan on top of cooker. vomit in downstairs toilet. buono appetito.

Oh you unbelievable cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 19, 2019, 10:05:56 PM
Poor show. End the thread.

I am proud of this. I think it's representative of my best work.

Buelligan

You are finished CobbFinished.  But listen to this, I love it.

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 19, 2019, 10:15:52 PM
Oh you unbelievable cunt.

I know grated mozzarella, I'd be interested to see that.

Brian Freeze

We've been trying to have a side salad when we remember. To try and cut down on portion sizes of spaghetti basically. It sounds wrong but tastes better than it sounds.
Usually end up with a bit of carbonara for the freezer.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on May 19, 2019, 10:21:39 PM
I know grated mozzarella, I'd be interested to see that.

They do something weird with it. Dried somehow so it can be grated, and coated in a floury dust to stop it clumping in the bag.

It has its place on a filthy fast food greasefest pizza, but Dolmio pasta is a step too far. Probably quite nice with a jar of Grossman.

chveik

Quote from: kittens on May 19, 2019, 10:10:18 PM

sounds delicious. are you an italian chef too?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Brian Freeze on May 19, 2019, 10:22:46 PM
We've been trying to have a side salad when we remember. To try and cut down on portion sizes of spaghetti basically. It sounds wrong but tastes better than it sounds.
Usually end up with a bit of carbonara for the freezer.

In my limited experience of restaurants in Italy, pasta is common as a starter, but a larger starter than is common in a British restaurant. Mains are then light on carbs and smaller than you might get in a British place. Quite a good way of structuring a meal with pasta, I think. Well done to the Romans.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 10:18:27 PM
I am proud of this. I think it's representative of my best work.

Of your work, yes.

Captain Z

In Italy all pizza is frozen, it's actually us that has got it wrong.

Captain Z

No, wait, I'm thinking of Ice Cream.

touchingcloth

I think dried pasta is often as if not more so enjoyable than fresh. Don't give a shit what you think about that.

imitationleather

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 19, 2019, 10:41:17 PM
I think dried pasta is often as if not more so enjoyable than fresh. Don't give a shit what you think about that.

Are you proud of this?

touchingcloth

Emma Raducanu

I once put diced tomato in guacamole and the whole of Mexico were up in arms about it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 19, 2019, 10:41:17 PM

Congealed lasagne, between two slices of bread. After closing time. I am not proud of this.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 10:46:42 PM
Congealed lasagne, between two slices of bread. After closing time. I am not proud of this.

ITALIANS GETTING MAD AT NANG FOOD

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 10:46:42 PM

You won't BELIEVE this sandwich TESCO have made with, I dunno, loads of CALORIES

Sebastian Cobb

Yer but I made the lasagne myself like a fucking sucker.

Is there anything more tedious than standing around making béchamel sauce?

Sebastian Cobb

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 10:49:12 PM
Yer but I made the lasagne myself like a fucking sucker.

Is there anything more tedious than standing around making béchamel sauce?

Yes.

touchingcloth

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 19, 2019, 10:50:58 PM
Yes.

E.g. You have to drive a car with no radio for 18 hours, and your destination is Auschwitz.

pancreas

I would just like to say that Nigella says you can stir marmite and butter into pasta and that—she thinks—is okay.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on May 19, 2019, 11:06:25 PM
I would just like to say that Nigella says you can stir marmite and butter into pasta and that—she thinks—is okay.

She's right though, bit of any cheese within reason, parmesan, butter and a bit of pasta water and you've got something that'll stave off hunger for a bit. It's functional, and will make you less hungry, like dabbing speed.

pancreas