Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crippling back-to-work dread

Started by grassbath, May 19, 2019, 10:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassbath

Why? Why, when I know rationally based on many previous experiences that I will arrive in the office tomorrow, say some words to some other humans and quickly fall back into routine and feel basically completely ok? Why am I stricken tonight with pure gnawing terror and considering jacking it all in?

touchingcloth

You killed a colleague on Friday, didn't you? Silly boy, what did you expect would happen tomorrow?

gib

Select a colleague to fantasise about, that'll get you up in the morning with a spring in your step.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: grassbath on May 19, 2019, 10:44:35 PM
Why? Why, when I know rationally based on many previous experiences that I will arrive in the office tomorrow, say some words to some other humans and quickly fall back into routine and feel basically completely ok? Why am I stricken tonight with pure gnawing terror and considering jacking it all in?

A daily occurrence. We could just stop and live in a dell tending livestock

Sebastian Cobb

I've got the fear but I've been on the piss all weekend so that's just the breaks innit.

mothman

I might have a problem at work and I don't know what to do about it. But I'm trying not to think about it right now, that's another thread for another day.

Glebe

Hugs and that grassbath. Hope it all works out.

Buelligan

Mondays is my days off.  Sundays has become the new Fridays.  Imagine that.

When my time to do what I want (mostly tidying, restocking and preparing for the next week of work) is up, I think about how easy it's going to be.  What a fucking walk in the park.  The mountains I will chop right down with the edge of my hand.  Bring it on if it thinks it's hard enough, I say to myself.  Seems to work.  Chin up old grassbath.  You're more than a match.

Don't lead with it, the chin though.  Up but not leading, that's my advice.

chveik

we're wasting our lives doing dull and alienating jobs (except for the happy few I suppose, but even them seem to believe that work is a value to be cherished). it would be time for the critique of the social division of labour to return to the agenda, and not just those (mostly meaningless) universal income promises.

anyway, I hope you'll get through it op.

Butchers Blind

Not sure how old you are grassbath but retirement is 67 so there's that to look forward to.

Bazooka

Just blow up your boss, problem over.

Icehaven

Were you one for not doing your weekend homework as a child? If so it could be residual dread of having to go to school on Monday morning knowing you were going to get a bollocking, trying to get your excuses ready but knowing they weren't going to work. 

Buelligan

I never did my homework (or classwork) the whole time I was at school.  I didn't worry about excuses, I had already established my brand.  I am not even lying.

Cuellar

Everyone feels this way because every job is pointless and you're just wasting your life

Lord Mandrake

Become a paramedic, they love it.

Twit 2

You'd have to be genuinely sick in the head to enjoy your job.

madhair60

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 20, 2019, 11:31:32 PM
You'd have to be genuinely sick in the head to enjoy your job.

unless it's a blow job.

Flatulent Fox

Always the same after hammering the booze at the weekend.
Work really fucks up drinking patterns.