Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What is this sound effect called?

Started by Icehaven, May 22, 2019, 03:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 25, 2019, 12:47:57 PM
Is this a weird instrument thread?

It is now yeah! Had no idea I'd be so glad I started it either, now I know the waterphone, the daxophone, the hydraulophone and the squealyboing reverbaphone exist and my life is richer for it.

New page feeling sinister.

flotemysost

Fascinating stuff here, thanks all.

I've been reading recently about the Futurist Art of Noise manifesto: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Noises These instruments seem pretty true to its values.

Brundle-Fly

I cannot recommend enough these two compilations if you like this sort of caper. Both come with extensive reading material too.

What's this instrument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEzThXpggx0

holyzombiejesus

Someone mentioned another instrument on here a while back but I can't remember what it was called. think it began with a z, x or q... It had funny shaped blade like parts.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 25, 2019, 01:13:58 PM
I don't think there's a proper recording of glennie's brief collaboration with steve 'I used to be in genesis, but you'd never know from the documentaries' hackett at the QEH in 2002. but there's my recording of it, if you're interested:

https://soundcloud.com/duncandisorderly-1/city-in-the-sea-hackettglennie

Thanks.  A bit too outre for me but, for all the doubters, it proves and backs up Robert Fripp's comment from the early 90s that if he were to ever remove himself from King Crimson, then Hackett would be the only guitarist who would get his full blessing as his replacement.

I've been a big fan of Glennie for years, but I'll admit it hasn't been without disappointment - I've always wanted her to do more "straight ahead" collaborations with bands and other artists, a la Trilok Gurtu, cos she really is a fucking amazing percussionist and drummer.  But, alas, she's always been more into solo avant garde and modern orchestral.  Her career of course.  What the fuck do I know.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 27, 2019, 09:15:27 PM
Thanks.  A bit too outre for me but, for all the doubters, it proves and backs up Robert Fripp's comment from the early 90s that if he were to ever remove himself from King Crimson, then Hackett would be the only guitarist who would get his full blessing as his replacement.

I've been a big fan of Glennie for years, but I'll admit it hasn't been without disappointment - I've always wanted her to do more "straight ahead" collaborations with bands and other artists, a la Trilok Gurtu, cos she really is a fucking amazing percussionist and drummer.  But, alas, she's always been more into solo avant garde and modern orchestral.  Her career of course.  What the fuck do I know.

I know what you mean. hackett's a top bloke too.