Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Corden does an AMA on Reddit with disastrous results (for James Corden)

Started by Chriddof, May 24, 2019, 02:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriddof

An "AMA", for those of you who don't know, stands for "Ask Me Anything". In other words it's a sort of real time Q&A which happens on Reddit in their own dedicated subforum (or sub-Reddit as they're called there). Every so often various celebrities do these - Bill Murray took part in a famous one where he talked about the Garfield movies amongst other things. Anyway, about three days ago Corden started up an AMA along with his production team, and they managed to answer about five questions before people were very specifically calling Corden out for trying to convince the WGA to pay talk show writers less (that's the highest voted one at the top). There were also loads of people just calling him a cunt as well, obviously. It's not being reported about in the usual sorts of sites as far as I can see, so here is a link.

Some choice highlights:

QuoteRemember that time James Corden showed up to a private WGA meeting to advocate for a lower pay grade for late night writers... What was that all about?

QuoteMy brother's girlfriend played one of your videos on my YouTube account and now it keeps recommending more of them to me. Do you know how to get it to stop doing that?

QuoteDon't care about you being an asshole really, but this AMA taught me you're also a filthy anti-union scab. My question is do you think anybody will care when your miserable career finally withers?

QuoteIs there any chance of bringing back Craig Ferguson instead?

QuoteHave you ever considered being funny or likable?

QuoteDo you guys feel bad for lifting Robert Llewellyn's format?

QuoteJames, How does it feel being only liked for Gavin and Stacy, a show where the best bits were clearly all Ruth Jones?

To everyone: how come theres seven of you and you only answered 3 questions? was this for a bit on the show?

QuoteI saw a league of their own filming live, [he] threw multiple tantrums over minor things at the production staff, with him being incredibly rude to them, which made the other regulars seem very awkward like it was usual, between each take the other celebs would be chatting amongst themselves - bantering about, James was glued to his phone. At the end of the filming people got up to go get pictures with James and he massively kicked off shouting at people to go away and to go back to their seats and the few he did let have pictures with he was moody as.

QuoteHi James, thanks for doing this AMA. I'm an aspiring comedian looking for some advice to make it big in the industry. You are a big source of inspiration for me so it would mean very much me if you replied. Also, is it true that you are an asshole?

Further info about the WGA thing is in this Twitter thread, along with Corden's justifications.

amnesiac