Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mock the Week, series 450,809

Started by Utter Shit, May 24, 2019, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Started last night. Is it even worth having topics for shows like this at this point? I thought Sindhu Vee was really good and injected a much-needed bit of edge to the show - not that she was nasty or anything, but some of her jokes were a lot harsher than I expected of her.

Also, Rhys James is an underrated one-liner guy IMO, very funny chap. Getting a bit sick of Tom Allen though - having seen him live a few years ago I know how good he can be, but "say something bitchy then do a smug look to camera" does get a bit tiresome the 50,000th time you see it.

There seems to be another woman debuting next week - Olga Koch, who I've never heard of - but then it's back to the usual repeat contestants the week after. Hopefully they do keep throwing in new people every so often, it's the only way to keep things fresh. Or at least not as stale as they often are.

DrGreggles

I saw it once about 10 years ago.
Wasn't sure what it was meant to be.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 24, 2019, 11:23:42 AM
Started last night. Is it even worth having topics for shows like this at this point? I thought Sindhu Vee was really good and injected a much-needed bit of edge to the show - not that she was nasty or anything, but some of her jokes were a lot harsher than I expected of her.

Sinhu Vee was on Radio 4 Saturday live a couple of weeks ago (still available at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qgj4/episodes/player  ) where she struck as being sharp as a tack. Not watched the latest MTW as yet but very much looking forward now that they seem to be widening the panels beyond the usual Avalon roster.

Utter Shit

I'd only ever previously heard Sindhu Vee introducing various Radio 4 podcasts, and was surprised to see her in the flesh as she has the voice of a much older woman. I think that's one of the reasons I was surprised at how hard-hitting her material last night was, which makes no sense because I could see it wasn't coming from an old woman.

jsgibble

It was somehow worse than I remember, fucking dire.