Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:19:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A Question of Sport

Started by kalowski, May 24, 2019, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Apologies if I've done this before.

What cunts watch this programme? And why is it always on?

BlodwynPig

We had a thread not 6 months ago without resolution

petril

*PAUSE* CLAP CLAP CLAP *PAUSE* CLAP *PAUSE* CLAP

shiftwork2

Emlyn going TEEEAM

As an aside we had that Bill Beaumont come on at a school assembly to do some fucking shit or the other, at the behest of a PE teacher.  There was an unpopular lad with severe acne who had produced something creative (a framed drawing I think) to present to him.  Beaumont had a highly-attuned bully's sense of how to react to this.  There was a perfect pause followed by 'er...what is it?'.  Brought the house down.  Famous TV man walked off with a spring in his step no doubt.  The lad was probably crushed for decades.

shiftwork2

Quote from: the on May 25, 2019, 09:59:59 PM
Yup, this one

oh shit, same story in that thread.  Still, you can compare the versions of the event in a similar way to the New Testament.

Uncle TechTip

Emlyn standing up and turning his head upside down during  the picture round.

The Christmas viewer competition, where an edition of Mystery Guest would always be soundtracked by "There Are More Questions Than Answers", and the winning postcards were tipped over the teams like snow for Bill Beaumont to pick one and mispronounce the winner's home town.

petril

if it's not the proper rounds in the proper order it can fuck off.

if they don't leave their desks to squint at the picture board it can fuck off.

if WE don't THIIIIIIIIINK it can fuck off.

if you won't find these three sportspeople's names with a common theme it can fuck off.

if I can't guess that the mystery personality is Damon Hill when it's Constantino Rocca it can fuck off.

beanheadmcginty

What is regarded as the classic line up? Hughes v Beaumont or Beefy v Beaumont are the only contenders in my opinion.

dr beat

Gotta be Emlyn v Beaumont, and as a Red and also an RL fan, I was inevitably Team Emlyn.

Oh and sorry Sue, but Coleman completes the classic line-up.