Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

mobias

Quote from: icehaven on September 26, 2020, 05:41:24 PM
That's the fluffiest paw I've ever seen. Seriously, it's award winning, no wonder he/she is smiling, I would be if my feet and face were so cute.

Yeah she sure does have big mittens

Menu

Quote from: bgmnts on September 24, 2020, 02:32:45 PM
Okay so this is Nibbler; she gives you the little fuck off bite if you stroke her too much. I like her.

https://ibb.co/vJrBKtD

And this is Cwtch, the soppiest div cat i've ever met. Walked into an empty reception with him sleeping on a chair and gave him a stroke and within seconds he's rubbing his face all over me and trying to sit on my lap.

https://ibb.co/0tyycsg

Sadly, they're both unrehomable and live there but they're both lush.

A million karma units for doing this, bgmts. Such a great thing to do. May I ask why these two are unrehomable?

bgmnts

Quote from: Menu on September 27, 2020, 03:38:40 AM
A million karma units for doing this, bgmts. Such a great thing to do. May I ask why these two are unrehomable?

Thank you but to be honest i'm sure almost everyone here would be doing the same if they had one near them and had the same amount of free time I did.

I do not know why ginge is unrehomable, he's a softie, but Nibbler is a biter, you can't touch her without getting chomped.

Menu

I think you're right, we'd all love to do it. Although I'd be pretty fucking useless at it. Also I'd start crying if a cat was in pain or died.

mobias

Good work bmnts. I'm sure it'll be a really rewarding thing for you to do. I might look into doing a similar thing here in Edinburgh.

Here's a Sunday morning cat puddle to cheer everyone up. I took these a few years ago here.

Cerys

bgmnts

Famous Mortimer

Sprout the foster-cat is taking his sweet time coming out of one of his several hiding places in the spare room. Current location, sort of inside lining of the battered old recliner in there. I know he's moving about, because food is eaten and litter used, and if you stick your hand into his hiding spot he'll purr and roll around and generally have a good time, so he's not in any particular distress over and above the new house thing.

It's been 9 days, which is a sight longer than any other cat I've ever had, but he doesn't seem unhappy, so I'll just wait for him to come and say hello.

Malcy

There's a right prick of a cat been coming in my garden for the past couple of months. Vicious little shit. First time it appeared it was rolling around my front step letting me clap it. Next day was a different story. Hissing, screeching and standing it's ground while I'm trying to chase it away.

My cat is fighting with it several times a day now. Any other cat that appears just gets chased out the garden but he really hates this one and it gets really vocal and aggressive when they get near each other. My cat was sleeping at the open front door a while ago when I heard all hell break loose. Broke it up and even took some dreamies to it, it hissed and growled at me but eat them when it couldn't see me.

It wouldn't fuck off so I chased it behind the shed. It was going mental then leapt out  the undergrowth, vaulted the fence and went for me! Little fucker. Booted the back fence so hard to scare it off that I broke it and it still stood it's ground.

Any idea how I can discourage it from coming back? I'm not sure if it's a stray or not. It has no tail but I think it must have at one point. Think it's just a moody little bastard but I'm sick of having to go chase it off several times a day.

bgmnts

Whatever you do, don't ever, EVER, feed it some dreami-

Oh...

madhair60

Malcy

Quote from: bgmnts on September 28, 2020, 07:51:31 PM
Whatever you do, don't ever, EVER, feed it some dreami-

Oh...

Yeah, thought i could try building up a trust by giving it some but if anything it got worse. Must not like the chicken & duck ones!

Icehaven

Quote from: mobias on September 26, 2020, 07:14:37 PM
Yeah she sure does have big mittens

The way she's leaning on her left one, unbelievably stunning.

Menu

Quote from: Malcy on September 28, 2020, 07:49:34 PM

Any idea how I can discourage it from coming back? I'm not sure if it's a stray or not. It has no tail but I think it must have at one point. Think it's just a moody little bastard but I'm sick of having to go chase it off several times a day.

Does it look well-fed? If it's coming for food it will be insistent, in my experience. I was going to say the same thing about not feeding it but we had a stray who was terrorising our two cats and, in the end, we just started feeding it. Our two aren't too happy about it but have got used to the situation, and we've probably saved the stray's life. Also our two don't now get terrorised at night.

The other thing to ask is do you think its an un-neutered male? You can sometimes tell by the size of it's cheeks. Apparently they keep growing if the cat keeps his balls. This is what the RSPCA told us. And is your cat a spayed female? Sorry if this is obvious but if she is a she and isn't spayed while he's an un-neutered male then that could be why it's so intense.

Malcy

Quote from: Menu on September 28, 2020, 11:16:24 PM
Does it look well-fed? If it's coming for food it will be insistent, in my experience. I was going to say the same thing about not feeding it but we had a stray who was terrorising our two cats and, in the end, we just started feeding it. Our two aren't too happy about it but have got used to the situation, and we've probably saved the stray's life. Also our two don't now get terrorised at night.

The other thing to ask is do you think its an un-neutered male? You can sometimes tell by the size of it's cheeks. Apparently they keep growing if the cat keeps his balls. This is what the RSPCA told us. And is your cat a spayed female? Sorry if this is obvious but if she is a she and isn't spayed while he's an un-neutered male then that could be why it's so intense.

I noticed it was looking a bit bigger than usual so if it was a stray it's possible someone has started feeding it. My cat is a neutered male. Not really sure what the other one is but it doesn't have the fuller cheeks.

Menu

Quote from: Malcy on September 29, 2020, 11:09:58 AM
I noticed it was looking a bit bigger than usual so if it was a stray it's possible someone has started feeding it. My cat is a neutered male. Not really sure what the other one is but it doesn't have the fuller cheeks.

Keep us informed on this. You could call the RSPCA for advice. They were very helpful with our problem.

Famous Mortimer

Sprout the foster cat popped his head and the front half of his body out of hiding this morning, to accept some fuss and do some purring. He's coming round, slowly, but I hope when he's finally out in the open he cleans himself a bit better cos my boy stinks.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 30, 2020, 05:14:42 PM
Sprout the foster cat popped his head and the front half of his body out of hiding this morning, to accept some fuss and do some purring. He's coming round, slowly, but I hope when he's finally out in the open he cleans himself a bit better cos my boy stinks.

That's fantastic that he has come out with a purr and some love for the petting and fuss🐾

That is all down to you.🐾

Menu

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on October 01, 2020, 03:54:53 PM
That's fantastic that he has come out with a purr and some love for the petting and fuss🐾

That is all down to you.🐾

And that he shit himself. All you!

Cerys

Quote from: Malcy on September 29, 2020, 11:09:58 AM

Are you sure it's male?  If it's a pregnant female it would explain the weight gain and the behaviour.

Malcy

Quote from: Cerys on October 03, 2020, 02:34:06 AM
Are you sure it's male?  If it's a pregnant female it would explain the weight gain and the behaviour.

Not not sure at all. I'll try get a picture next time it appears out of nowhere and attacks while we're sat in the garden like it did the other day!

Pink Gregory

Oscar's started hiding, he's gone all wobbly, blood test results indicate arthritis at best and kidney disease at worst.  Happening very quickly.

Don't fucking need it mate, don't need it.

Menu

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 04, 2020, 01:51:01 AM
Oscar's started hiding, he's gone all wobbly, blood test results indicate arthritis at best and kidney disease at worst.  Happening very quickly.

Don't fucking need it mate, don't need it.

I'm so sorry.

Pink Gregory

He ran out from hiding under the bed and now he's hiding by the litter tray; I told him how much I loved him next to the tray where he pisses.  Best I could do really.  Not expecting him to make it through the night.  Fucked.  We've made our peace with it I think.

Menu

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 04, 2020, 02:07:23 AM
He ran out from hiding under the bed and now he's hiding by the litter tray; I told him how much I loved him next to the tray where he pisses.  Best I could do really.  Not expecting him to make it through the night.  Fucked.  We've made our peace with it I think.

I remember my last cat. A tiny little thing. One day she just stopped eating and wanted to be on her own. She died within two days. It came so fast. I still miss her very much.

imitationleather

That's really gutting to hear, Pink Gregory.

It's horrible seeing them in distress.

Flouncer

Really sorry to hear that man. It's hard work when this happens; I still miss Frida a lot. You've just got to be thankful for the time you had with them really. xxx

Pink Gregory

He's stopped hiding.  To be honest the way he was behaving I was expecting him to go tonight, would have been easier.

Have to see I guess.