Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I'm sorry as fuck Greg. Utter shite stuff.

Pink Gregory

Thanks chaps; he's hiding now, reckon this might be it, not gonna worry him any more.

The Mollusk

Wishing strength and love for you and Oscar. Take care xxx

mobias

Sorry to hear that Greg. Hope Oscar is ok. My Mums old cat Tom had kidney disease. Its relatively common as cats are crap at drinking enough water. Some cats can still live with kidney disease to a decent age if they're kept medicated.

Pink Gregory

He's got a blood test on tuesday, if he's still around.  Don't want to upset him by taking him to the emergency vet, because the consultation yesterday didn't find anything urgent.

I think with the covid we wouldn't be able to be with him if he had to be euthanised, which I don't think we can deal with right now.  Think he just wants to be left alone.

Just had no idea it was coming.  He's 14, which I suppose is a good age.  Mrs Gregory is very close to him, but she's taking it about as well as can be expected.  Also we have leftover beta blockers, which are nice for the anxiety.

Malcy

Sorry to hear that, always tough. I couldn't go in with my cat when he went to the vets recently and it was horrible waiting outside for 2 hours and then been told they were keeping him overnight. He was terrified and I just wanted to see him and for him to see me.

As far as I know it's still the same at vets so best to have him with you.

mobias

Wolfgang thinks its a tough life being a cat but someone has to do it.

Pink Gregory

Attila

Good luck, Pink Gregory -- I hope your kitty makes it to the vet's for that follow up visit.

Old Mr Kitty here also had kidney issues, and developed then when he was around 14 or 15 years old. There are tablets they can take for it that sort them out -- Mr Kitty lasted subsequently til he was 21.

Sending you and Mrs PG and kitty good wishes that this may be the case, too.

The Mollusk

Quote from: mobias on October 04, 2020, 12:23:37 PM
Wolfgang thinks its a tough life being a cat but someone has to do it.

Now Playing: Big Black - He's A Whore  🎶

Cerys

Sending thoughts of fast-moving chaseable bootlaces to your moggy, PG.  Best of luck to you all.

Pink Gregory

Awww thanks

So, he went to the emergency vet on sunday afternoon, he'd been hiding but came out and started yowling, so had to be done.  Apparently the first vet had missed that he had a rock-hard bladder and hadn't evacuated for something like 24 hours.  Possibly caused by low calcium, so he had some calcium supplements and a catheter put in.

He's out of the emergency vet and onto the normal vet, being kept in for observation.  If he can do his little poos and wees on his own after the catheter is removed he might be alright; but we're still expecting the worst, it'll be Ms Gregory with him if he has to be euthanised.

Managed to get his shame-cone off in the carrier on the way, which I was impressed with.  Little shit.

The Mollusk

monkfromhavana

I was having a dream last night of playing in a football match and going on a mazy run beating several defenders[nb]I'm 42 years old[/nb].

At the moment in the dream when I went to boot the ball into the net, I woke up and booted our cat, Alan, onto the floor.

The Mollusk

Captured Raymond giving one of his proudest ever stances the other day. I especially love the tidy little curling of the tail around the feet.

imitationleather

Obviously Clive's tail-curling days are over (not that he ever did it much anyway) but I love it when Queenie stands in that pose as well. They always look so deep in thought.

Buelligan

Haven't been frequenting this thread for a while, broken heart too sore but came here to report discovery of, what looks exactly like a tiny, palm-sized, Birman kitten munching away at my wild cats feeding station just now - heart melted.  Hugely tempted to adopt it but know I cannot bear to lose another one - not yet anyway.   

Very sorry to read of your Oscar's troubles Pink Greg, I too lived with a (taken in) stray with the old kidney probs, as others have said, quite common in cats.  Don't know how old she was but she survived, happy and troublesome, a fair ten years or more, after diagnosis.  Special diet, plenty of water and on she went.  The most unfriendly, ugly, cat.  Always peed on things that were nice and yet, and yet, completely lovable.  Alas, poor Minty!  I knew her, Horatio. 

Lovely Raymond, also.  Absolutely lovely.

the

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 06, 2020, 03:24:36 PM

"Join me tonight, when my guests will be Brian Blessed, Paul the Octopus, plus music from Chaka Khan"

pigamus

You can see what the Egyptians were on about really. He does look like a clearly superior being. I'm sure he thinks so too.

the

Thought this demanded a rotation:

Quote from: mobias on October 04, 2020, 12:23:37 PM

"Christ, I've left the gas on"

Famous Mortimer

Sprout the foster-cat is resolute in his determination to not emerge from the bowels of the recliner. He'll very happily accept fuss if you reach your hand in, will roll about (in the limited space he has) and purr away for several minutes, but apart from occasionally to go to the food bowl, he's not interested in seeing the wider world (or even the wider room) yet.

I have to assume he was either very attached to his previous owner, or had some sort of traumatic experience in between the previous owner and me (he was there for some time, apparently). I'm sure he'll pop out when ready.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Captured Raymond giving one of his proudest ever stances the other day. I especially love the tidy little curling of the tail around the feet.

Ray is a handsome beast.

steve98

Haha, that's great.

Proud Raymond looks a bit like Lenny "The Judge" McRipper (one of "The UK's Hardest cats"), that I posted earlier.

"Bah", says Lenny.

Cerys

'Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be Benedict Cumberbatch!'

mobias

Raymond is one handsome cat.

Meanwhile Gunther here has all the look of a cat who was enjoying a nice nap in his favourite bed when another cat came along and sat on top of him.
Still, at least she's comfy.

petercussing

Can this replace the oscar statue for the oscars, pls?

The Mollusk

Raymond I'm sure would appreciate all the praise being heaped on him. Thank fuck he can't hear it, the psychotic little arsehole.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on July 14, 2020, 07:25:58 PM
My cat Kali was sadly quite unwell, and had to be put down a few months ago:

Her brother Theo, although a needy fellow, still seems to be doing okay:

We're losing Theo too now. He has bone cancer which has occurred very suddenly and he's being put down next week. I'm pretty much devastated.

The Mollusk

Oh mate, no. I'm so genuinely sorry, and I'm heartbroken for you. I wish I could say or do more to help in any way at all.