Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Quote from: Pseudopath on October 09, 2020, 07:00:12 PM
The best thing about it is that anyone on the other side of the window will think it's an "I TAWT I Taw a Puddy Tat" joke.

Excellent :)

You (Not you, but someone, some cat-owner(s)) should be careful with those type of cheap grills on the top of the radiator: a front claw can get stuck in them, and they can panic (the way they do) and start madly trying to free themselves (maybe even gnaw the trapped leg off, possibly)

Pink Gregory

Here's our little round on the road to recovery boy

Pink Gregory

imitationleather

Icehaven

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 09, 2020, 07:22:55 PM
Here's our little round on the road to recovery boy

He's got adorable closed eye markings, some serious cat eyeliner.

Famous Mortimer

Re: pancreatitis, my dog has that, and it's controlled by a low-fat diet pretty well. The women who worked in the local sandwich shop absolutely loved him, and every time we walked past would give him a sausage - it took me a while to figure out that was causing the problems (it didn't start immediately) but since then he's been fine. That was five years ago, too.

Re: Sprout the foster-cat, he's venturing out a little bit more, and has had his arse shaved to remove all the matting. As soon as he's fully out and about, I shall bombard you all with photos.

bgmnts

I had to cancel volunteering at the animal sanctuary today, I always do something then give up straight away because the anxiety cant handle it. The guilt i feel for the people and the animals there is immeasurable and its going to eat me up for days but the Fluoxetine has left me so fatigued and my physical and mental health is so fucked i just cant do anything until i fix that right? The sad thing is i actually want to go and do it, as much as work sucks. I do want to help, but depression and anxiety just prevent you from doing stuff you even want to do. I just lie here in my bed bored and listless while people go outside and do things.

I think those kitties are in good hands though at least.

Cerys

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 09, 2020, 09:05:38 AM
GOOD NYEWWS EVERYONE!

Oscar is recovering from what was apparently pancreatitis after an extremely fraught week.  Thanx for the support CaBbers!

He's now wandering about half shaved doing his little mow and grunt.

Fanfuckingtastic!  I'm really happy for you all.

Menu

Quote from: bgmnts on October 09, 2020, 09:48:34 PM
I had to cancel volunteering at the animal sanctuary today, I always do something then give up straight away because the anxiety cant handle it. The guilt i feel for the people and the animals there is immeasurable and its going to eat me up for days but the Fluoxetine has left me so fatigued and my physical and mental health is so fucked i just cant do anything until i fix that right? The sad thing is i actually want to go and do it, as much as work sucks. I do want to help, but depression and anxiety just prevent you from doing stuff you even want to do. I just lie here in my bed bored and listless while people go outside and do things.

I think those kitties are in good hands though at least.

That sucks, mate. But I sense from your tone that you'll be back doing something similar sooner rather than later, and that's a result in itself. I find in my life it's often two steps forward, one step back. In any case, without wanting to sound narcissistic, I enjoy your posts on here very much so the more you're on here the more I win. I WIN, BABY! I FUCKING WIN!

Brian Freeze

Great news Pink Gregory, really chuffed to hear that. He's a handsome dude too.

Very sorry to hear about your cat Dr Christian, feckin shite so it is

bgmnts

Quote from: Menu on October 10, 2020, 03:33:52 AM
That sucks, mate. But I sense from your tone that you'll be back doing something similar sooner rather than later, and that's a result in itself. I find in my life it's often two steps forward, one step back. In any case, without wanting to sound narcissistic, I enjoy your posts on here very much so the more you're on here the more I win. I WIN, BABY! I FUCKING WIN!

Cheers for kind words. I already regret fuck out of it and feel like an utter failure piece of shit and feel bad for the cats and other animals but ho hum. In fact i've been dying to email the woman in charge and tell her to disregard my previous email but i dont even know if that's the right decision.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

No failure, you. You deserve to feel proud for volunteering in the first place.

I relayed the comments abouts our cat to her owner. They were much appreciated.

Quote from: imitationleather on October 09, 2020, 07:28:01 PM
D'aaaaaaaw. Definitely too cute to die.
That's how I live my life every day. I'm glad to see the cutie cat's convalescent.

Pink Gregory

You'll be pleased to learn that he features the same motif around his anus as he does around his eyes.  Like a beacon it is.

bgmnts

I bet his anus looks lush!

I bottled it, emailed the woman in charge saying to disregard my quitting email. Just gonna rock up tomorrow and see if they aren't too pissed at me. Gotta push through this, can't let shit win.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Menu

Quote from: bgmnts on October 10, 2020, 09:12:15 PM
I bet his anus looks lush!

I bottled it, emailed the woman in charge saying to disregard my quitting email. Just gonna rock up tomorrow and see if they aren't too pissed at me. Gotta push through this, can't let shit win.

That's so great! Nice one, mate!

bgmnts

Spoke too soon, fucksake i had a mini panic attack. i just had to restate my quitting the sanctuary. i def need to work on myself first before helping others. decision made. regardless of how utterly weak and shit i feel now.

Mantle Retractor

This is Minnie, our friend (now aged 4), who licked us when we first met her in the rescue centre and who continues to lick us to this day:

Hiding in a chimenea:

Resting atop a jigsaw:

Curled and fluffy:

Icehaven

Quote from: Mantle Retractor on October 14, 2020, 09:41:13 PM
This is Minnie, our friend (now aged 4), who licked us when we first met her in the rescue centre and who continues to lick us to this day:

Hiding in a chimenea:

Resting atop a jigsaw:

Curled and fluffy:

Those horizontal whiskers on her right are immense.

dr_christian_troy

Theo is at the vet at the moment - the decision will be whether he'll be put down tomorrow or Monday, unless there's some miraculous turn for the better. If they decide tomorrow rather than Monday, as much as I'll be gutted to not spend the weekend with him, my father will be visiting us tomorrow - and I don't see him much at all these days but I'm relieved to say that our relationship is much better than it used to be, and can prove to be stoically supportive when it comes down to these things, having been a cat (and dog) owner himself. Plus if London goes Tier 3 before Christmas, it might be the last time I see him this year.

If it happens on Monday I would be working from home (this week was booked off coincidentally) and frankly in no mood with customer service bullshit, so I'm essentially between a rock and a hard place either way. Saying goodbye before he's taken away is going to drown me.

The Mollusk

We're all here if you need support d_c_t x

bgmnts

I'm praying to Bastet that he will pull through.

dr_christian_troy

Thank you xxx

So some...conflicting news. His weight has stayed the same, receptive to food and no progress on his condition. They have upped his dosage of meds very slightly but said that there's no indications of deterioration and that he should actually be fine for the next few weeks. So he'll be around for a little while longer it would seem. He's purring, he's eating, he's climbing around as always - but yeah, it's all quite overwhelming.

bgmnts

Quote from: bgmnts on October 15, 2020, 01:27:26 PM
I'm praying to Bastet that he will pull through.

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on October 15, 2020, 02:29:21 PM
said that there's no indications of deterioration and that he should actually be fine for the next few weeks. So he'll be around for a little while longer it would seem.

You're welcome.

(I know the vets played a small part as well)

But yeah this is great news and i hope you ply him with dreamies and milk or whatever he loves.

The Mollusk

Fucking hell if prayers really do work then that's the rest of my afternoon sorted.

Also that is GREAT NEWS!

Menu

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on October 15, 2020, 02:29:21 PM
Thank you xxx

So some...conflicting news. His weight has stayed the same, receptive to food and no progress on his condition. They have upped his dosage of meds very slightly but said that there's no indications of deterioration and that he should actually be fine for the next few weeks. So he'll be around for a little while longer it would seem. He's purring, he's eating, he's climbing around as always - but yeah, it's all quite overwhelming.

That's brilliant news. I'm so pleased for you both.

imitationleather

Whenever I eat granola my cat Queenie watches me intently through-out, and then once I'm finished she sticks her head in the bowl to eat some of the leftover milk and cereal. It's got to the point where I always pour out slightly more than I want to eat so she will definitely get to have some.

Anyone else share their food with their cat?

Attila

Quote from: imitationleather on October 26, 2020, 07:28:15 AM
Whenever I eat granola my cat Queenie watches me intently through-out, and then once I'm finished she sticks her head in the bowl to eat some of the leftover milk and cereal. It's got to the point where I always pour out slightly more than I want to eat so she will definitely get to have some.

Yes!

Old Mr Kitty's sister Amy used to wait patiently for the dregs of my cereal bowl, and Old Mr Kitty absolutely loved vegetables. His fave was when I got these chicken and bacon wrap things from Waitrose because he always got the tomatoes off them.

Current Mr Whiskers waits patiently when I have chicken for lunch, because he knows he'll get a piece. He also hangs out for the weekend cereal bowl, as well.

Many past cats used to have favourite shared meals as well.

The Mollusk

Quote from: imitationleather on October 26, 2020, 07:28:15 AM

Dairy is bad for cats, dude. Please don't give them milk!

bgmnts

Yeah unless its cat milk I suppose.

My cat spent half his time patiently waiting for me to finish my food before scabbing leftovers. The fat dead cunt.