Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Oh I know. What I meant is she eats the leftover cereal in the bowl, which obviously contains milk but only a very small amount. I don't give her a saucer of milk or owt.

The Mollusk

"I would never put a cat in a bin! Would I coax a cat into a receptacle, say for example a bin, or grave, if I had the correct materials to do so, such as Dreamies or an air horn, so as to remove one degree of guilt from my own person? I think that anyone would do that, under the right circumstances."

That's you, that is. White milk teardrop and "CAT KILLA" tattooed on your face.

Nah I'm just fuckin with ya, you're alright kid.

Captain Crunch

Dex Sawash

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 26, 2020, 09:09:19 AM
, you're alright kid.

Except for running out of milk in the bowl before running out of cereal

Icehaven

A fluffy black cat silent meowed at me through a window yesterday, made my year.

Attila

Quote from: icehaven on November 04, 2020, 09:52:34 AM
A fluffy black cat silent meowed at me through a window yesterday, made my year.

Excellent.

Tiny Toast is a fluffy black cat (except for the plucked spot on her arse), and talks constantly. Usually in a really indignant tone of voice.

Mr Whiskers burbles and whines constantly -- I can call him, and he'll come running, but I have to do it like a mother-cat calling her kittens. It's effective, but it's going to freak out the neighbours when he goes outside.

Susan Bucket quacks like a duck. She also acts like the Tro Lo Lo cat when you scratch her backside.

For reference (because it's never not funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIR3XFuY4Qs

bgmnts

Check out these mentalists. I love the mum just chilling out, probably too shattered to care about the chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_nWGG_TFDM&ab_channel=waltersanti

Icehaven

Quote from: bgmnts on November 04, 2020, 12:40:11 PM
Check out these mentalists. I love the mum just chilling out, probably too shattered to care about the chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_nWGG_TFDM&ab_channel=waltersanti

Love the dramatic dive at 1.15! The kitten equivalent of lying down then telling your mum your brother pushed you.

Edit: actually he keeps doing it, I think he might have headbutted the window a few too many times.

bgmnts

Quote from: icehaven on November 04, 2020, 12:49:32 PM
Love the dramatic dive at 1.15! The kitten equivalent of lying down then telling your mum your brother pushed you.

Edit: actually he keeps doing it, I think he might have headbutted the window a few too many times.

There's actually a sequel! And yeah they do just run head first into windows at full pelt, it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwB3vJY5CDE&t=130s&ab_channel=waltersanti

Plus there's a brilliant "I've made a huge mistake" shot at 1:56.

steve98

Fantastic. Could watch them all day, the total nuts.

Icehaven

Quote from: bgmnts on November 04, 2020, 01:02:24 PM
There's actually a sequel! And yeah they do just run head first into windows at full pelt, it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwB3vJY5CDE&t=130s&ab_channel=waltersanti

Plus there's a brilliant "I've made a huge mistake" shot at 1:56.

Tbf she sat on that one's head at the end of the first one so it's payback time.

Captain Crunch

Some rambling shit on a local gossip facebook group "blah blah blah do you know this cat ... the state of my garden ... unneutered Tom ... my poor furbabies scared to go out ... yap yap yap".

Look at his face!

Wonderful Butternut

Menu

Quote from: Attila on November 04, 2020, 10:15:33 AM

For reference (because it's never not funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIR3XFuY4Qs

Not sure the cat's enjoying that. Seems slightly cruel.

Icehaven

Quote from: Menu on November 12, 2020, 06:54:36 PM
Not sure the cat's enjoying that. Seems slightly cruel.

They normally love being tickled there. Maybe he's just got odd happy expressions.

imitationleather

I find whenever a cat doesn't enjoy something they let you know in no uncertain terms. The cat in that video is loving it.

shiftwork2

Some mixed body language messages.  Eventual horizontal tail-wag suggests it's not all roses.  Ultimately though he/she would just jump if displeased, while digging in the claws.

edit: on rewatching that's bollocks, the wagging tail starts when the tickling stops.  The cat is all over this shit.

jobotic

Always had cats for the first twenty five years of my life and on Sunday, twenty years later, we're getting one! From the CPL shelter I once worked at.

Lily, black, half a tail, likes kids, 6 years old.

I'm made up but really nervous. I seem to be good with cats but I hope she likes us and is happy. What if she's not?

Menu

Quote from: jobotic on November 13, 2020, 11:26:27 PM
Always had cats for the first twenty five years of my life and on Sunday, twenty years later, we're getting one! From the CPL shelter I once worked at.

I'm made up but really nervous. I seem to be good with cats but I hope she likes us and is happy. What if she's not?

Not sure if this is a good idea or not but it's been in my mind cos of the fireworks. Why not spray some of that Felliway stuff around the house a few hours before she arrives. It really calms our cats down(even our stray), so it might just help to ease her in. Wish I'd known about it for some of our more nervous cats in the past. Might be worth a shot?

jobotic

Will look that up, thanks. There's a pet "superstore" up the road from me so could pop up there.

I have very happy memories of some of the inmates at the shelter she's coming from. Honoured to be giving her a home.

Menu

Quote from: jobotic on November 13, 2020, 11:40:46 PM
Will look that up, thanks. There's a pet "superstore" up the road from me so could pop up there.

I have very happy memories of some of the inmates at the shelter she's coming from. Honoured to be giving her a home.

You'll have transformed her life. She'll have someone who loves and cares for her. If it works out, she'll think she's in heaven.

Here's the stuff. It's expensive but it is worth it. I just spray it on each wall in each room a couple of times. That may be overkill but it has the right effect. Really hope it works out - and, of course, that you post some pictures.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/FELIWAY-Classic-comforts-behavioural-issues/dp/B00D604FOS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=LKH3B2Y5RXON&dchild=1&keywords=feliway+for+stressed+cats+spray&qid=1605311086&sprefix=felliway%2Caps%2C219&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUEpKRFBXWU9aVUcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMDg1OTVESDVCWVZRNkpFUUEmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDc0Nzc2MDMzQjY4Vk0wNlI5UiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on November 12, 2020, 08:09:32 PM
I find whenever a cat doesn't enjoy something they let you know in no uncertain terms. The cat in that video is loving it.

Yep, we have three and they all love rubs in different places. If you go in with Cat A's rub on Cat B, he's very much "arsed, mate. Tigs."

Menu

Quote from: Menu on November 13, 2020, 11:47:49 PM
You'll have transformed her life. She'll have someone who loves and cares for her. If it works out, she'll think she's in heaven.

Here's the stuff. It's expensive but it is worth it. I just spray it on each wall in each room a couple of times. That may be overkill but it has the right effect. Really hope it works out - and, of course, that you post some pictures.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/FELIWAY-Classic-comforts-behavioural-issues/dp/B00D604FOS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=LKH3B2Y5RXON&dchild=1&keywords=feliway+for+stressed+cats+spray&qid=1605311086&sprefix=felliway%2Caps%2C219&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUEpKRFBXWU9aVUcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMDg1OTVESDVCWVZRNkpFUUEmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDc0Nzc2MDMzQjY4Vk0wNlI5UiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Hope that link works. It looks mad.

Menu

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 13, 2020, 11:48:10 PM
Yep, we have three and they all love rubs in different places. If you go in with Cat A's rub on Cat B, he's very much "arsed, mate. Tigs."

I tried doing it to one of ours and she just looked confused.  It seemed a bit reminiscent of something else....

touchingcloth

Quote from: jobotic on November 13, 2020, 11:26:27 PM

She will. Congrats to you both for finding a new home / cat / person. Props to you for choosing a six-year-old.

jobotic

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 13, 2020, 11:51:25 PM
She will. Congrats to you both for finding a new home / cat / person. Props to you for choosing a six-year-old.

Thank you. Will let you know how we get on. Famously, I'm sure.

Menu

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 13, 2020, 11:51:25 PM

Yes exactly. Big karma coming your way, Jobotic.