Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobtoo

They were, and the other two in the litter were also a ginger and a tabby.

We had trouble with other cats coming in so we bought a cat flap that reads their microchips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncIU1urCBnE

Very annoying video that doesn't even address my concerns about how loud it is. It is quite loud but both the cats got used to it fairly quickly. At least it's better than this review video where the twat just takes it out of the box and tells you nothing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIOLDJJlai0

imitationleather

I'm pleased I don't take ecstasy anymore because the day after me inevitably having spent the evening off my mash talking endlessly about how much I love my cats to anyone unfortunate enough to be near me I think I'd be so embarrassed that I might need to throw myself off a bridge.

Noodle Lizard

This is our new fella.  He's about 1, but he was remarkably comfortable coming home with us.  Hid for maybe two minutes under the bed before he was out being a total love-bug, wanting to explore the entire house.  We've got a kind of dumb dog too, so we're still getting them used to each other (i.e. keeping them well the fuck away from each other), but other than that he's right at home.  Sitting on my desk as I typaiefhjk thais

Captain Crunch

Nice wankerchief in shot there mate. 

steve98

Aw that's a shame, ruins a lovely pic.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: imitationleather on June 20, 2019, 04:44:50 PM
I'm pleased I don't take ecstasy anymore because the day after me inevitably having spent the evening off my mash talking endlessly about how much I love my cats to anyone unfortunate enough to be near me I think I'd be so embarrassed that I might need to throw myself off a bridge.

Honestly I'd be into it. Any information about cats is good information to me.

imitationleather

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 23, 2019, 01:30:33 AM
Honestly I'd be into it. Any information about cats is good information to me.

Alright my man let's get some pingers in and have a good old eight hour cat chat.

imitationleather

In order to bond with my pair I've just spent half an hour on the floor growling, biting and writhing around with a catnip mouse toy while they looked on in awe.

Massively stressful on the knees at my age but definitely worth it to cement my place in flat cat hierarchy.

St_Eddie

Quote from: imitationleather on June 24, 2019, 04:20:12 PM
In order to bond with my pair I've just spent half an hour on the floor growling, biting and writhing around with a catnip mouse toy while they looked on in awe.

Massively stressful on the knees at my age but definitely worth it to cement my place in flat cat hierarchy.

Relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who does this.  Then again, I don't even have a cat.

pigamus

My advice is to get a black cat. Never met a black cat who wasn't pleasingly mental.

St_Eddie

Quote from: pigamus on June 24, 2019, 07:22:35 PM
My advice is to get a black cat. Never met a black cat who wasn't pleasingly mental.

My beloved Moose Pig was a black Burmese cat.

Quote from: Cat factsWhile adult Burmese are placid cats, they also tend to be very kittenish and love their daily playtime. They love being adored by their parent, and love having their stomach rubbed and being petted. A daily petting session is a must for any Burmese.

That definitely describes Moose Pig.  I miss her dearly.  R.I.P.

Dr Sanchez

One of my cats plays fetch. She'll bring toys or sweet wrappers for me to throw and she'll then retrieve them and squeak at me for approval. I'd never seen a cat do anything remotely like that in my life.

Has anyone elses cat done this? She's grey if that's makes a difference.

bgmnts

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on June 25, 2019, 01:21:23 AM
One of my cats plays fetch. She'll bring toys or sweet wrappers for me to throw and she'll then retrieve them and squeak at me for approval. I'd never seen a cat do anything remotely like that in my life.

When I was I think around 8 or 9 I had a cat I named Shadow and he would do stuff like sit and beg for treats and put his paws up on me like a pup. No idea how I accomplished as a nipper but I miss it.

St_Eddie

Dr Sanchez's "cat", yesterday.

Brian Freeze

We had a tabby which did this with rolled up tin foil or folded crisp packets. We lived in a first floor flat and could sit in the lounge and fire the missile out onto the landing, off the wall, down the stairs and he'd bring it back nearly every time. We put it down to him headbutting a moving car when he was younger.

He was also a massive fan of cucumber, even going so far as bringing half a one home from a hunting trip.

imitationleather

Aw. One of my cats finally managed to leap up to the kitchen counter today. I'm so proud.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Oscar's standard sleeping position.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Brian Freeze on June 25, 2019, 03:51:13 AM
We had a tabby which did this with rolled up tin foil or folded crisp packets. We lived in a first floor flat and could sit in the lounge and fire the missile out onto the landing, off the wall, down the stairs and he'd bring it back nearly every time. We put it down to him headbutting a moving car when he was younger.

He was also a massive fan of cucumber, even going so far as bringing half a one home from a hunting trip.

Holy shit. Rolled up tin foil is my cats preferred item too. There must be a thousand little lost tin foil balls hidden around the house, under sofas and the fridge etc. If anyone opens a kit kat or anything remotely foil like she'll be on the scene in seconds.

I might introduce her to cucumbers to see what happens. Maybe your cats soul has entered my cat?

Stranger things have happened tbh.

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 25, 2019, 01:27:45 AM

Dr Sanchez's "cat", yesterday.

That cat's eyes look scary. Like a white walker crossed with Mary Berry.

Head Gardener

imitationleather

That must be a fucking heavy cat.

mothman

alan nagsworth

One of my cats has gone and got herself conjunctivitis. Fucking sweaty bastard weather and twice day I have to pin her down wrapped in a towel, and use one hand to grip her skull and pry her open with the finger and thumb whilst I administer the drops with the other hand.

She's not the most healthy of creatures - the vet also told me she was overweight but "there's not much you can do about it" - so it's like sitting on a small mechanical bull which seems to have all the strength of a regular mechanical bull, and trying to have drunken sex with it. I mean that's not what I do to my cat but the struggle is very much equivalent. I've got to do that twice a day for a week.

alan nagsworth

Obviously still gonna do it every time because despite her being a cantankerous miserable arsehole I love her so much and the thought of a life without her yelling outside my bedroom door every morning and being a fuss-hungry runt fills me with horrible fear and sadness. She's a complete knob but I adore her.

studpuppet

Here's one of my boys, nailing the textbook definition of 'manspreading' (he was asleep, not stretching).

imitationleather

My cat was just sat motionless in this pose for a weirdly long time. I think The Chemical Brothers set at Glastonbury was doing him in:

mothman

(Part of) TeenMoth with her cat, Typo.

Cerys

Quote from: imitationleather on June 29, 2019, 11:00:03 PM
My cat was just sat motionless in this pose for a weirdly long time. I think The Chemical Brothers set at Glastonbury was doing him in:

There was something crawling on your ceiling.  My money's on an overheated bluebottle.